Death Trooper

I was under the impression Death trooper grenade was supposed to increase cooldowns if an enemy was not buffed. I've had it increase cooldowns of buffed toons as well and I believe it's because it's removing the buffs and then applying the cooldown increase after removal rather than doing the check before buff removal.
Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    According to the mechanics the CD increase happens before the dispel.
    What buffs did they have and who gave them to them?
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Two instances

1. Gk gave everybody retribution and nihilus already had crit immunity up as well, DT followed my GK and used his DT grenade and increased cooldowns of my drainforce and annihilate when they only had 1 turn to go previous to that

2. Rex applied tenacity up DT followed with his DT grenade and increase the cooldowns of baze, chirrut, and nihilus.

Tenacity down was not up in any scenario
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Theophany wrote: »

Two instances

1. Gk gave everybody retribution and nihilus already had crit immunity up as well, DT followed my GK and used his DT grenade and increased cooldowns of my drainforce and annihilate when they only had 1 turn to go previous to that

2. Rex applied tenacity up DT followed with his DT grenade and increase the cooldowns of baze, chirrut, and nihilus.

Definitely sounds like something wonky happened.

Note: tenacity up or down has no effect on increasing CD's
  • Options

Two instances

In the case of death trooper wouldn't it?

Tenacity up is a buff so if tenacity up is active death trooper should not be able to increase cooldowns, but if tenacity down is active does that negate the tenacity up buff or is the tenacity up buff still considered active while tenacity down is active?
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options

Two instances

Tenacity up is a buff so if tenacity up is active death trooper should not be able to increase cooldowns, but if tenacity down is active does that negate the tenacity up buff or is the tenacity up buff still considered active while tenacity down is active?

Cooldown increases do not require a potency/tenacity check.
  • crzydroid
    7308 posts Moderator
    Options

Two instances

Deathtrooper only increases cooldowns if they were not buffed, so it wouldn't matter if they also have tenacity down. The buff is still there (and removed) so cooldowns are not increased.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Two instances

Deathtrooper only increases cooldowns if they were not buffed, so it wouldn't matter if they also have tenacity down. The buff is still there (and removed) so cooldowns are not increased.

Can't think of anything else really not sure why he's increasing cooldowns of buffed toons
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Two instances

Yes true as a buff. Which I wasn't thinking about, my bad was more that CD increase can't be resisted.
  • Options
    It's still happening, but I can't figure out what's causing it
  • Options
    I feel as though when "my" death trooper uses the grenade on the enemy who isn't buffed it isn't applying the cooldown increase that's supposed to happen. I know this because I use him as a staple in my Thrawn led empire team and will often lead with Thrawns TM swap. I'll still have the opposing team go after my 1-2 combo and Nihilus will use drain force, Rex will use Tencaity up, etc. The first time it occurred I thought I was just losing my mind, but now I've definitely noticed a pattern. fwiw, if used against me it seems to be WAI.