The same node 12 every day... -- [DEV RESPONSE]

Prev13456
Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited July 2017
Is everyone else seeing at least one team of this in GW every day. Thrawn(L), GK, DT, Shore, DN. All maxed and Zeta'd? I'm seeing it every day on at least one node, sometimes two in a row. Not that I'm complaining since it's easier to wear down than a Chaze, GK Wiggs team. But is it that much of a meta that everyone is going for it?
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• I've yet to see a thrawn led team on GW (or arena, for that matters), but I've faced a few non leads
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    I've yet to see a thrawn led team on GW (or arena, for that matters), but I've faced a few non leads

Interesting...they've been my node 12 every day lol
  • Ailouran
    113 posts Member
    I have the same node 12 as well. Not complaining though, its an easy team
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lots of people run the same team, that is a pretty high power rated team so it make sense it would fall on the last node where the power calculation is loaded.

If it's not the same person, it's not really the same team, mods do make a difference.
  • My node 12 is a general kenobi, sun fac, sith trooper, royal guard & nightsister initiate team. I find it pretty funny.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Kyno wrote: »
    Lots of people run the same team, that is a pretty high power rated team so it make sense it would fall on the last node where the power calculation is loaded.

If it's not the same person, it's not really the same team, mods do make a difference.

Mine "only" has a powerrating of 78k. I imagine i'm screwing up someone's day.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Thrawn has the highest power of any character at the moment so that might have to do with it
  • I get it as well, with few variations.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    My node 12 is always a mashup of random maxed out characters. Never any synergy whatsoever.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    My node 12 is always a mashup of random maxed out characters. Never any synergy whatsoever.

That means you're getting close to breaking node 12. As I progressed in power, I noticed that I'd get legit tough squads for node 12, then someone's top 5 power characters from their roster, then a bunch of random g4 heroes. It's pretty obvious when you've got the top5 case, as a non-leader like RG or Baze will be often be lead with a bunch of good leaders in the squad, and they'll have no synergy at all.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    My node 12 is a general kenobi, sun fac, sith trooper, royal guard & nightsister initiate team. I find it pretty funny.

Hahah I have the same 2 gws in a row. Also my guildmate claims he faces it every day
  • Ailouran
    113 posts Member
    My node 12 is a general kenobi, sun fac, sith trooper, royal guard & nightsister initiate team. I find it pretty funny.

Is the person called "Thank you to..." cant remember the names it lists, if so, i get the same person every day as well.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »

That means you're getting close to breaking node 12. As I progressed in power, I noticed that I'd get legit tough squads for node 12, then someone's top 5 power characters from their roster, then a bunch of random g4 heroes. It's pretty obvious when you've got the top5 case, as a non-leader like RG or Baze will be often be lead with a bunch of good leaders in the squad, and they'll have no synergy at all.

I hope it breaks soon. I beat it every day but it's getting progrssively harder.

Yesterday's last six nodes consisted of two zMaul teams, an Empire team, a zQGJ team and two random high level teams.

I thought I would have to use another squad when the Jedi rolled in, but Resistance got me through it.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I hope it breaks soon. I beat it every day but it's getting progrssively harder.
    I use my top 5 heroes (by power rating) in node 10, and that seems to break 12 for me with the odd exception. But yeah, nodes 6 and 9 have gotten a lot more challenging lately. 11 was always tough, but the attrition from 6 and 9 is making it that much harder.
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Ailouran wrote: »

Is the person called "Thank you to..." cant remember the names it lists, if so, i get the same person every day as well.

Yes, for me it's exactly this person. With a long name
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    P.S. Before my gw was broken every day. I didn't change any of my teams though
  • Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

We do not compose your opponent squads, all the system does is choose an existing squad relative to your power and assign it to you. The pool of squads available to you are player-created, so these will shift as the meta shifts, especially in the higher brackets.
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

We do not compose your opponent squads, all the system does is choose an existing squad relative to your power and assign it to you. The pool of squads available to you are player-created, so these will shift as the meta shifts, especially in the higher brackets.

Can we get a power scale per node (a percentage relative to our max power), or an overall GW power percentage? For example is node six a 1:1 scale in terms of power based on your best team? Or is GW made up of twelve individual teams that, when combined, are equal to 6:1 your best team?

Something along these lines.

original?width=500&version=1181080

And thank you for the response!
  • I would need to have a conversation with our team about releasing specifics, first. I will talk to the appropriate people this week and see how we would like to address this request. :)

tumblr_m1dmjfvdcv1r2jm8po1_500.gif
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    I would need to have a conversation with our team about releasing specifics, first. I will talk to the appropriate people this week and see how we would like to address this request. :)

You really don't know how much this means to us.

giphy.gif
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Can we get a power scale per node (a percentage relative to our max power)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/741953/#Comment_741953
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member

I appreciate the amount of effort that went into this, but I lack the skills required to determine the validity of these results.

In other words, I'm dumb and I'd prefer a straight answer if CGs offering ;)
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Is everyone else seeing at least one team of this in GW every day. Thrawn(L), GK, DT, Shore, DN. All maxed and Zeta'd? I'm seeing it every day

Every day for me too.

• ExarTheKun wrote: »

I appreciate the amount of effort that went into this, but I lack the skills required to determine the validity of these results.

I'll say this: That post is not wrong, but it's not exact.

tenor.gif
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Ailouran wrote: »

@Ailouran what team do you use to deal with it? I don't find them all that easy tbh, although I haven't lost a GW (yet....)

I quite often get them in the last 2 nodes so taking them down once is ok but twice no so easy.

and if you think they're easy, what team don't you think is easy?
  • ChewieShards10___
    120 posts Member
    edited July 2017

tenor.gif

Maxwell Smart, nice!

nido04b.png
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    The exact percentages don't matter a whole lot, simply because power ratings don't really tell the whole story. The main thing to remember is that nodes 6 and 9 are tough, 11 is very tough, and 12 should be a challenge. The other easy nodes gradually increase in difficulty as well, but they're mainly there so you can preload TM on as many heroes in your roster as you can, in preparation for nodes 9, 11, and 12.
    The fact that node 12 is often broken for some people is just a bonus, and you should always plan on the worst (a very tough squad) and hope for the best (a broken g4 squad).
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member

Thanks for the info! Also, thanks for adjusting squad power to reflect zeta'd abilities!
  • kalidor wrote: »
    The exact percentages don't matter a whole lot, simply because power ratings don't really tell the whole story. The main thing to remember is that nodes 6 and 9 are tough, 11 is very tough, and 12 should be a challenge.
    giphy.gif

Thanks for the info! Also, thanks for adjusting squad power to reflect zeta'd abilities!

Abilities are not yet taken in to account in GW. We account for them in the new power formula, but we haven't rolled that out to Galcatic War at this time.