Fifth Jedi for my squad?

RandyMarsh
380 posts Member
edited July 2017
I plan to run zQGJ (L), Anakin, Ahsoka, and yoda with a fifth Jedi as soon as I zeta qgj (within a few weeks, need 7 more zeta mats after today's fleet arena payout). I really wish I was able to use ima-gun di's leader ability as well; countering is so much fun. These are the 4 Jedi that I've heard about that I haven't farmed yet; the members of my current team are all at 7* except yoda, who will be after his next event. Thanks for the help!

Fifth Jedi for my squad? 14 votes

Ima-Gun Di
0%
Aayla Secura
7%
Riffinator 1 vote
Barriss Offee
14%
Admiral_Wh1skersDjangoFettt 2 votes
Ezra Bridger
78%
XadercoeussRoc_LaivindurSadSpartansBennehftwGildoMcFlayilNomadfotrovinaDamba_BaUser2187Lleumas 11 votes

Replies

• ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Ezra Bridger
    I feel like many will reply to this with someone not on that list: R2. Most of the top tier "Jedi" teams will include him somewhere in there. Good to consider especially with Number Crunch zeta'd
  • Options
    I know he's a good choice, but I don't have him and idk when I'll be able to get him, that's why I didn't include him in the poll
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Ezra Bridger
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    I know he's a good choice, but I don't have him and idk when I'll be able to get him, that's why I didn't include him in the poll

Fair enough. In that case Ezra. He's extremely popular in top tier teams as well and hits really hard. Aayla is another good choice. I feel that if you include Barriss, your offensive capabilities are pretty low - same with IGD, whose utility comes a lot from his leadership, which is also heavily countered.
  • Options
    Ezra Bridger
    Agree on Ezra. I hear he's a game-changer for a Jedi arena squad, maybe the hardest-hitting of the whole bunch. I'm building him now, hoping in a month he'll be strong enough that I can consider a switch to zQGJ lead. zBariss is a good option to switch in for defense overnight, but she won't help you climb the ranks.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Been running Jedi a long time. Done nearly every iteration of them possible. Am on a launch shard btw. My suggestion for the most powerful jedi team possible

https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    Been running Jedi a long time. Done nearly every iteration of them possible. Am on a launch shard btw. My suggestion for the most powerful jedi team possible

https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

Wait so which ones do you use? That link just took me to your profile. Also, GK isn't an option; our guild isn't even close to hAAT yet.
  • Options
    Ezra Bridger
    @Poxx agree on that squad (maybe Yoda in sometimes for Anakin depending on the opponent?), but since OP specified he doesn't have R2, and I'm guessing the lack of mention means no GK either, he's still gotta have something to transition up to that one.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    I agree that he would have to use others in the interim. I just don't feel jedi r competitive w/out those 2. There have to b comps other than jedi that would have him faring far better until then.
  • Options
    @Poxx agree on that squad (maybe Yoda in sometimes for Anakin depending on the opponent?), but since OP specified he doesn't have R2, and I'm guessing the lack of mention means no GK either, he's still gotta have something to transition up to that one.

Yes obviously I want GK and r2 at some point, I just need a placeholder that's better than lumi since it could be awhile before either of those characters are accessible for me.

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    If Jedi is what u wanna run regardless, and u r short those 2, my suggestion would b IGD (L), Aayla, Ezra, Ani +1...i know it sounds odd but...5's. He gets a damage boost both from his own passive and IGD's when he counters.

If u wanna stay all jedi, zBariss as the other 4 r tanky, she would b a nice boost.
  • RandyMarsh
    380 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    If Jedi is what u wanna run regardless, and u r short those 2, my suggestion would b IGD (L), Aayla, Ezra, Ani +1...i know it sounds odd but...5's. He gets a damage boost both from his own passive and IGD's when he counters.

If u wanna stay all jedi, zBariss as the other 4 r tanky, she would b a nice boost.

I seriously appreciate the advice, I'm just not really all that worried about arena. I like building teams that I like for gw/raids plus the upcoming territory battles (so excited!!!). I just wanted input on my current team and the best direction to go with my favorites. Forgive me for speaking frankly, but the post isn't what is the best Jedi squad; rather, it is who of the four listed Jedi should I choose. I'm not staying this to be mean or ungrateful, because I truly do appreciate the advice; I just want to keep the discussion on the topic I intended.

That being said, arena success is always nice, but I don't want to abandon my favorites for the sake of getting a few more crystals. I'll never catch the top of my server; I'm f2p and I always will be. Additionally, I took a 3 month break before I knew what I was doing that really set me back, so the whole "you can be f2p and top 20 in arena" statement isn't realistic for me.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Wasn't attempting to sway u or derail your topic. My apologies.

Forgive me for being frank as well. If u don't care about arena placement and just wanna use your favorites, I really don't see the purpose of a thread at all. The only person who will know your 5 favorite jedi...is u.

Best of luck.
  • RandyMarsh
    380 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Wasn't attempting to sway u or derail your topic. My apologies.

Forgive me for being frank as well. If u don't care about arena placement and just wanna use your favorites, I really don't see the purpose of a thread at all. The only person who will know your 5 favorite jedi...is u.

Best of luck.

Well I still want them to work well; I'm not going to go farm Eeth Koth. I will be using them for arena; I just wanted to see who I needed for the team I am creating rather than hear about the overall best Jedi composition. I am in a stage of transition, and I need GK and r2 for my team to be complete; these are just the characters I want to use until I can perfect my Jedi squad, since they will all be in the final squad (except Ahsoka, she'll get the boot when I get them both).