In all honesty, about the ewoks challenge.

Prev1
Rlex
160 posts Member
edited July 2017
1. Just going to say this. A lot of people didn't get a chance to get an R2.

2. I actually have a zader. On gear 10, 7*... And majority of my team more than meets the qualifications.

3. I stopped on 3rd-4th-5th...I stopped keeping track because it was **** mundane. Way too OP. To be honest it's excessive... and it's one of those types of things that kills the fun of this game. Seriously 4 ewoks got resurrection to full by 1 ewok. Then I remembered the last time they did this. I probably could've finished it but I weighed the pay out to effort ratio and decided it wasn't worth it due to this game being notoriously stingy on payouts. Also I've been ripped off on previous challenges and given the run around by staff.

I don't know if they like doing this to frustrate people. I get the whole science behind making things difficult for people. Still the challenge or description at least needs to be redone or something. This is the type of stuff that makes people quit.

*update... left it on auto and beat it. That being said, reality is my team is way higher than what is recommended and there was still issues.
Post edited by Rlex on

Replies

• Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    Palpatine lead, Vader, TFP, Shoretrooper, Death Trooper. Level 85, mostly maxed abilities, g10-11, good mods.

I always start by the last tier.
    I beat bonus tier by being careful, at the first attempt.
    I beat the difficult tier being a little more carefree, at the first attempt.
    I beat the normal tier by being careless, on auto, because it's starting to tire me to kill all those teddy bears. At the first attempt.

You have to understand that some parts of the events are not meant to be beaten by mid-game players, but only by players who have end-game appropriate teams.
  • Xyrex
    47 posts Member
    Options
    If the event is not for be beaten by mid-game players why did they put the recomendations in level 75, g8? The first tier should be for mid-game players, as you can see in the recomendations. You people who play this game for a lot of time are really lame. It seems you want to do everything but rest of us do nothing.

You have to understand that if the recomendations are level 75, gear 8, you should can do it with that kind of characters.
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Palpatine lead, Vader, TFP, Shoretrooper, Death Trooper. Level 85, mostly maxed abilities, g10-11, good mods.

I beat the normal tier by being careless, on auto, because it's starting to tire me to kill all those teddy bears. At the first attempt.

You have to understand that some parts of the events are not meant to be beaten by mid-game players, but only by players who have end-game appropriate teams.
    Ambassador wrote: »

"Recommended level 75+"

"Recommended tier 8+"

If that's not the case, don't put/label it as such.

Sometimes I read the stuff that the regs put here and I think you guys have been here waaaay too long and need a fresher view on things. You've clearly been at this for a while. Aaaand are waaaay above the description so yeah it's going to be easy.

• Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Xyrex wrote: »
    If the event is not for be beaten by mid-game players why did they put the recomendations in level 75, g8? The first tier should be for mid-game players, as you can see in the recomendations. You people who play this game for a lot of time are really lame. It seems you want to do everything but rest of us do nothing.

You have to understand that if the recomendations are level 75, gear 8, you should can do it with that kind of characters.

Lol I agree with most of this, except for the lame part. Some longer players are cool.

Although I question the motives of the regs here. Because if this did get fixed and it got passed, then they got more competition. So it's in their advantage to reword, discredit anything newer players say. This game gets sneaky like that.
  • Options
    I beat it with g10 Palps, Vader and Thrawn. I am talking about the first tier, I don't plan on trying the other 2 because I am fairly certain I cannot beat them with 3 characters only. I had R2 and TFP who died in the first round.
  • Options
    Teddy bear event is a complete joke my strongest team all Xl cannot compete the easy level so I'm just gonna ignore it. And for the record I murdered all the empire event levels first time. But can't beat some teddy bears- not amused
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I love aoe attacks, wonder if that would help here lol
  • Options
    Imperial Troopers are a great team for this event. It's not OP, it's just difficult.
  • Xyrex
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Rlex wrote: »

Lol I agree with most of this, except for the lame part. Some longer players are cool.

Although I question the motives of the regs here. Because if this did get fixed and it got passed, then they got more competition. So it's in their advantage to reword, discredit anything newer players say. This game gets sneaky like that.

They are probably longer players that are really cool. But in this forum the longer players seems to be always trying to be against newer players. Why they do that? I really don't know, is not like we gonna catch them any time soon, or even be in their shard.

All this events with several tiers should be for mid/end game players. You can do easier the first tier (as it should be seeing the recomendations) and leave the second and third tier as they are. Mid game players could do first thier, end game players all of them.

But this event is really annoying. I have the recomendated gear and level and I not even close. I don't know if is worth switching mods with my arena team, because is not sure i could finish even with them.

Devs, please, at least change the recomendations, so we now we can't do the event in advance.
  • Options
    Lvl 75, g8 with good mods can beat tier 1 of the event. Just, not Droids, but Empire. Not every random squad of lvl 75 g8 characters is equal in value - it takes planning, and taking synergy into account - plus the event's specifics. If you disregarded Empire (like I guess from your comment on not having the possibility to get R2), you have to blame yourself for picking the wrong faction and/or characters, not the developpers. And neither the Old Guard who's been in your place before and has learned of the earlier mistakes, and that I have often seen on the forum advertising the value of a good Empire team.
    tl/dr : don't moan, build your roster, and try again next time.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    But I can agree that it might be much harder if you are not at level 85
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i heard adding snow trooper to your line-up, even at low stars/gear, it becomes alot easier. Haven't tested it myself.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    All this events with several tiers should be for mid/end game players. You can do easier the first tier (as it should be seeing the recomendations) and leave the second and third tier as they are. Mid game players could do first thier, end game players all of them.
    First tier is already easier. Terribly so. Maybe you should then review your definition of mid-game player.
    But this event is really annoying. I have the recomendated gear and level and I not even close. I don't know if is worth switching mods with my arena team, because is not sure i could finish even with them.
    If your mods are not worthy, don't look any further. Level and gear are only a part of the requirements - everything above level 50 supposes mods.
  • Alza
    6 posts Member
    Options
    I beat it when I was 75 g8 a while back. It took loads and loads of attempts to get RNG and work out the tactics but it's definitely doable at that level
  • Xyrex
    47 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Mods are only recomendated for tiers II and bonus. For tier I recomendations
    are level 75, gear 8.

Tier I is probably easier than tier II and bonus. That said, the tier is much more dificult than when you, longer players, did it first time. A lot of people who did it 3 stars in the past can't pass the 4 stage now, even with better toons. So they had burst all the tiers. I am cool with the idea of tier II and Bonus should be only for end game players, but I am totally dissapointed with tier I.

Remember that when you did this event first time it was a lot easier, so don't came now sayong that we did bad choices or that event is ok.
  • Options
    Could 3-star tier 2 before. Now I can't finish tier 1 because the scouts are all instantly revived, go immediately and slaughter my entire team.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    i heard adding snow trooper to your line-up, even at low stars/gear, it becomes alot easier. Haven't tested it myself.

Yep, Snowy is a boss here. Strong aoe is critical as it means you don't need to worry about the warriors, they're soft enough to just let the aoe burn them down - leaving you to focus everything else on the elders.
  • Options
    I used Veers, Shore, Snow, Magma and DT. Only Veers and DT are 7*, none of them are above g10 and the mods are pretty average.
  • Options
    See the part of the recommendations being 75 or more, and gear 8 or more ? This is the bare minimum, requiring good mods, good RNG, good team comp, and good strategy and execution. Lack some of those, you need higher level/gear to compensate. It's a bare minimum, for Anakin's sake !
    First tier doesn't even feature the full-resurrection of all scouts on killing Elder in the last battle.
    Remember that when you did this event first time it was a lot easier, so don't came now sayong that we did bad choices or that event is ok.
    At the time, Empire characters were vastly underpowered too. This is the reason the event got revamped : the Empire faction pass. Between the useful new characters (Thrawn, Death Trooper) and the greatly improved ones (Tarkin, the Imperial Troopers), the available power of the Empire is highly increased. Add the fact that more people can field the Palpatine/Vader combo now than then (when Vader could only be farmed from the achievements).
  • Xyrex
    47 posts Member
    Options
    At the time, Empire characters were vastly underpowered too. This is the reason the event got revamped : the Empire faction pass. Between the useful new characters (Thrawn, Death Trooper) and the greatly improved ones (Tarkin, the Imperial Troopers), the available power of the Empire is highly increased. Add the fact that more people can field the Palpatine/Vader combo now than then (when Vader could only be farmed from the achievements).[/quote]

Again, when you did the event first time it was possible to do with level 60, g7 toons, no mods, even with underpowered toons. Sounds very funny that now you think it should be very dificult for us, when it was so easy for you. Very funny.
  • Options
    when this first came out a lot of us evil 'older players' couldn't finish it either, don't worry, it will return and be a doddle, Even yoda i had to wait for 3-4 cycles to get him. It can defo be done with gear 8's, the 1st time i did it was with gear 8-9 droids but without speed you will fail, you cant out tank the ewoks dps, you need to be able to beat them to the punch, they are 1 shot by most toons and you need to be fast enough to kill the revived ewoks before they have a turn, that is literally all there is to it.
  • Options
    I like how tier 2 marked 3 star from god knows when I finished it. And can't finish tier 1 now. Forest moon huh, more like Steroid moon.
  • Options
    Droids make it easier. HK lead and a mix of G9-G11, with some C grade mods got me through it with one loss on the bonus tier.
  • Options
    I couldn't complete the first tier of the event the first time the event came out and I couldn't complete tier 2 of the event the NEXT time the event came around.

Now I can clear all 3 easily and it's fun.

The event will come back.

Quit whining and GIT GUD.
  • Options
    And for over a year, when you got a new character on Bronzium that you already had unlocked, you got reduced shards.
    And for over a year, when farming mods in mod challenges, your drop rate was 30%, not 100%
    Can you figure the amount of shards and mods we missed on during this time ? If you want to put through this for as long a time as us, in exchange of beating an event, so be it. The game evolves. The event evolves. Max level at the time was 70, by the way, not 85 like now (15 levels that require twice as many XP as the 70 first - the mere definition of mid-game has changed).

Oh, and when I said it could be beaten with lvl 75 g8 characters, I spoke about now, not back then, which kind of voids your point.

So, what's the team comp you used that should have, according to you, allowed you to beat the first tier ?
  • Options
    The event actually needs a bit of strategy. Strong AOE and crowd control is needed. Anything with the green skull icon must die immediately and is usually pretty weak too. Time your AOE attacks and try as much as possible to stun or control the Elder. When he summons spawns, immediately switch target and get them down. Target priority is Scout -> Elder -> everyone else.

This is meant to be hard, not a walkover / auto for free shards. Yes, you do need high-gear characters in the main. But honestly, that AOE is so important even a G8 Snowtrooper would help (the deadly Scouts are all super weak as I said).
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options

They r assuming that u will play w/ a well thought out team w/ decent mods that synergize well, not just 5 toons that r lvl 75, gear VIII that u threw together.
  • Xyrex
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Palp (L) 7 star, g8, level 75
    Vader 6 star, g8, level 75
    Tarkin 6 star, g8, level 75
    RG 6 star, g8, level 75
    TFP 6 star, g8, level 75

Stage 4, the 2 Ewok Elders resist a lot of control efects, revives Scout that inmediatly attacks and kill one of my toons (anyone). Mods level 9/12, although without speed secondary.

I spend a lot of resources this month to get this toons, because the recomend settings.

By the way I did the two tiers of Military Might, tier I recoemndations Level 78
    Tier II recomendations, level 80 and MODS.

So they not assume we have the toons moded, as they put is a recomendation for tier II.
  • AntonioGNAL
    104 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I did it today for the first time. Completed base and medium difficulty. It's the second or third rotation of the event since I started playing if I recall correctly. I couldn't finish it before because I lacked the appropriate team composition, not because of level or gear.

I've done both difficulties with lvl 85, gear VIII, average mods characters and the lower difficulty was pretty easy. So It should definitely be doable with lvl 75 toons.

Edit: I just attempted the bonus tier. Made it to round 8 with my whole team and at full health. All wiped :_( , but I'll keep trying, that was close.
    Post edited by AntonioGNAL on