Help Me Explain Preloading Damage in Raids

Davius
432 posts Member
So I am having a difficult time finding a clear explanation/video on the subject of preloading damage during raids. I attempted to explain to some guildmates in my own words, but I am not clear, nor concise. Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. I was hoping for a video that shows how to utilize airplane mode for preloading damage, but anything I can throw on our discord (infographic, text, image) would be awesome!

Replies

• Options
    Davius wrote: »
    So I am having a difficult time finding a clear explanation/video on the subject of preloading damage during raids. I attempted to explain to some guildmates in my own words, but I am not clear, nor concise. Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. I was hoping for a video that shows how to utilize airplane mode for preloading damage, but anything I can throw on our discord (infographic, text, image) would be awesome!

Enter raid, go airplane mode. Finish your attack or stop when you're almost finished with your attack (like everyone's about to die or the target is near dead). If your whole team dies and you're satisfied with the damage done and a no network connection error pops up, wait till it's time to post your damage. Once it's time to post your damage, disable airplane mode and register your hit. If you're not satisfied with your run, force close the game, disable airplane mode and repeat. You can also disable airplane mode and retreat any time to try again.
  • Options
    I have never understood the need for airplane mode. Just don't get close enough to finishing a fight where you can get surprised and everyone dies at once.
  • Options
    Airplane mode is completely safe, and lets you try out crazy things with no worry, and allows you to auto a raid without needing to pay attention to the time or the enrage countdown.
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    Options
    Davius wrote: »

Enter raid, go airplane mode. Finish your attack or stop when you're almost finished with your attack (like everyone's about to die or the target is near dead). If your whole team dies and you're satisfied with the damage done and a no network connection error pops up, wait till it's time to post your damage. Once it's time to post your damage, disable airplane mode and register your hit. If you're not satisfied with your run, force close the game, disable airplane mode and repeat. You can also disable airplane mode and retreat any time to try again.

Thank you for taking the time! I appreciate it greatly.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I have never understood the need for airplane mode. Just don't get close enough to finishing a fight where you can get surprised and everyone dies at once.

Even when being careful, mistakes happen. People get distracted while the game is on Auto. airplane mode prevents you accidentally posting damage when you shouldn't
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »

Even when being careful, mistakes happen. People get distracted while the game is on Auto. airplane mode prevents you accidentally posting damage when you shouldn't
    I fell asleep using luke by himself on auto VS rancor during the zero period and posted 7.5mil damage, dont auto during bedtime without airplane mode :D