Would Have Preferred a Different Login Reward Than Phaz

I hear the next monthly login toon is Phasma. I'd prefer someone that isn't already in the stores on a regular basis. Shore Trooper would be someone I'd love to see. Or perhaps a ship like the Millenium Falcon. Something or someone that isn't so easily farmable on a regular basis.

Just my two pesos.

Replies

• Of course we'd all love someone that is hard to get.

http://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/monthly-characters-for-the-daily-login/

We've gotten a mixture over the years of useful and terrible characters. Pao, Bistan, Pathfinder, Cad Bane. Phasma's not the first decision that won't appeal to long time players.
  • This just reinforces the need for First Order, and to some extent resistance, as we rapidly approach the release of Ep VIII. Consider this a heads up from CG.
  • They had such an easy win next month by having it be Hoth Rebel Soldier too. At a single hard node, I imagine many people are in need of this character for TB. Having it take the whole month means some people would have still spent to get the requirements met sooner, but gives the FTP a lot of help with a character that's a major pain.
  • Don't get me wrong. I'm glad I have Phasma on my roster, but she's already so easy to farm for those who don't have her, and I'd venture to say about 90% of us probably have her 7-star already.
  • Dolas wrote: »
    They had such an easy win next month by having it be Hoth Rebel Soldier too. At a single hard node, I imagine many people are in need of this character for TB. Having it take the whole month means some people would have still spent to get the requirements met sooner, but gives the FTP a lot of help with a character that's a major pain.

The main reason they didn't do this is because Soldier is going to be available in the Guild Events store. From what I've seen, he's only really needed to gain access to the ROLO mission. Missing a few shards for her isn't going to break the game. Just keep farming him, and use your tokens when the store opens.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    I would have liked FOST
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Dolas
    15 posts Member
    I understand he'll be available in the new store, but this is also where we'll be getting the much needed gear 12 pieces so very unfortunate that we'll have to waste these resources on a character that doesn't have any use outside of this new game mode.
  • Hskull55 wrote: »
    I would have liked FOST

+1 ... or even better FOO (eventhough I know many players already have him aswell)
  • Its 30 shards.. barely matters for anyone
  • zarkas wrote: »
    Its 30 shards.. barely matters for anyone

Actually the 450 tokens in shard shop will get me close to 6 MK 5 droid caller salvage. That is quite the bounty!
  • Trying to remember when the login toon wasn't an easy farm?
  • Dolas
    15 posts Member
    zarkas wrote: »
    Its 30 shards.. barely matters for anyone

for a character who's in a single hard node, this makes a big difference.
  • veers was an ok login toon.
  • yeah it should be hoth rebel scout or soldier
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Trying to remember when the login toon wasn't an easy farm?

FOTP December '15
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Tarugo91 wrote: »
    veers was an ok login toon.

Yes, he was
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Idk after months of relevant characters (meaning to what was going on in that month) or they were reworks, or part of a faction pass- phasma is just from left field. Free is free for sure. But I don't think phasma is a clue to anything, just a login toon.
  • Kevern_Zaksor
    894 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Idk after months of relevant characters (meaning to what was going on in that month) or they were reworks, or part of a faction pass- phasma is just from left field. Free is free for sure. But I don't think phasma is a clue to anything, just a login toon.

I agree, I think the suits at EA/CG pushed this to tie in to whatever Phasma book is coming out. I think if it weren't for that book and they wanted to hint at a FO event they would have made it FOST or FOTF.

Having said that, I've ramped up my FO and Resistance farming along with my Phoenix and Old Ben farming.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Phasma is the next login char? They cant be serious about this...If they want to make a clue about First Order, then why not give FO Stormtrooper instead we get a hero everybody already has! Seriously if this is true then I have lost all hope in this game...
  • Idk after months of relevant characters (meaning to what was going on in that month) or they were reworks, or part of a faction pass- phasma is just from left field. Free is free for sure. But I don't think phasma is a clue to anything, just a login toon.

Don't count on it... September will start a major marketing push for The Last Jedi. There will be First Order and Resistance work done, and new characters released in time for the movie. Also, considering what has been done recently with Phoenix and OG Rebels you risk ignoring the Phasma clue at your own peril (or inability to get the new OP resistance toon that comes out in December).
  • Clanomadd wrote: »
    Idk after months of relevant characters (meaning to what was going on in that month) or they were reworks, or part of a faction pass- phasma is just from left field. Free is free for sure. But I don't think phasma is a clue to anything, just a login toon.

Don't count on it... September will start a major marketing push for The Last Jedi. There will be First Order and Resistance work done, and new characters released in time for the movie. Also, considering what has been done recently with Phoenix and OG Rebels you risk ignoring the Phasma clue at your own peril (or inability to get the new OP resistance toon that comes out in December).

I hope it is! I was also thinking maybe phasma = command shuttle = reaper farmable= September ship month! Lol but then I had some coffee and laughed at my silliness.
  • JamzDatt wrote: »
    This just reinforces the need for First Order, and to some extent resistance, as we rapidly approach the release of Ep VIII. Consider this a heads up from CG.

^^^ THIS ^^^
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Trying to remember when the login toon wasn't an easy farm?

The difference is that most of them were either newly released toons or reworked at the time. I only hope this means that Phasma has been reworked...again. But I doubt it. This one smells more like the Resistance Trooper or IG-86 one.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

I hope it is! I was also thinking maybe phasma = command shuttle = reaper farmable= September ship month! Lol but then I had some coffee and laughed at my silliness.

Yeah, that would be nice. I think they have broken their promised release cadence more than they have kept it at this rate.
    Clanomadd wrote: »

Yeah, that would be nice. I think they have broken their promised release cadence more than they have kept it at this rate.

Reaper and shuttle not release cadence :/ they have said they want to bring them to be farmable in a different way. Cassian's u wing just got added to packs.

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member

Reaper and shuttle not release cadence :/ they have said they want to bring them to be farmable in a different way. Cassian's u wing just got added to packs.

Nope, Cassian's U-Wing just only added to the ridiculous Fleet Mega Pack, you know the same place as Millennium Falcon, Reaper and Kylo's shuttle
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection