Ship/Character Requirements For Platoon Missions [MERGED] Dev Response

Prev13456711
Zaraos
771 posts Member
edited September 2017
DEVELOPER POST: @CG_RyDiggs

Hello everyone,

We're seeing another record day of participation in the new Territory Battles! Our office is also on a US holiday weekend.

I want to let you know we are collecting feedback.

We are listening.

We will not be able to make changes to THIS TB.

This is a living game, and we all will continue to grow and improve on it.

Some of newer players may not understand the 'living' nature of our game, but please know that not every piece of feedback needs to be an ultimatum for us to listen or change.

I see the requirements feedback. We will be reviewing it in the coming weeks.
There is no way for it to change in this TB.
I cannot say what future TBs will be.

However, please rest assured, you are being heard.

We hope you're able to enjoy the parts you can and let us know where improvements can be made without emotional stress.

Please try to enjoy your weekends as well, and know we're all in this together.

Cheers!

RT

ORIGINAL POST:
I really dont think its fair that we are being asked for 4* Logray, Pabloo, wicket and multiple ships such as kylos command shuttle and tie reapers which are impossible to farm. Like literally you cannot farm them at all in the game. These characters need to be removed from platoon missions or be added a farming locations.

Absolutely unacceptable
Post edited by Zaraos on

Replies

• Options
    Why are there ships that currently aren't farmable in the ship platoons? This puts a disadvantage out to many guilds that aren't big spenders on packs. Doesn't seem right. Falcon, reaper and kylos all needed...
  • Options
    So we opened our Phase 3 today and now we have to fill spots with toons that are literally impossible to farm right now. How are we supposed to have the new EWoks when you can't get them anywhere anymore? It makes it impossible to fill platoons. Same thing is happening with the ship platoons.

How did this make it past QC? Why make it impossible to complete?

-Scott
  • Options
    The ewoks you cant even buy, much less farm. 'tis a bit awkward.
  • Options
    Really? You are going the route that ONLY super mega ultra krakens can do squadrons?

I understand the ewoks. They were available individually in reasonable packs. Nobody bought them, but that's on us. But Millennium Falcon?! It wasn't even in the ship chromiums, only with a tiny chance in the ship super-ripoff-chromium pack.
  • Options
    The ship requirements are the biggest issue in my opinion. There wasn't even any kind of special Millennium Falcon pack, for example - so that's at least one Platoon mission down for a vast majority.
  • Options
    Yea, our guild have Flacon in there so platoon squadron 5 is busted :neutral:
  • Options
    Yeah and we have so many of the 4* ewoks that no one has
  • Options
    I think this isn't intended to be completed in the first go. When the ewoks become farmable I think it'll help easier, same with other ships/toons.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Cassian's ship is not only unfarmable, it was virtually unobtainable until yesterday. That's an odd choice...and I'm being kind.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I know that TB is not ment to be 3*ed right away, but TIE reaper is in the game for six months now and still no chance to farm it.
    And now it is required.
    Please give us the chance to farm all the ships finally.
    Make it fair.
  • Options
    Cassian's U Wing is a much stranger choice. The Falcon has at least been available before yesterday. Weak sauce.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Kylo shuttle and Cassian Uwing (remember that cancelled tournament) are needed as well, just hope there are some whales in your guild.
  • Kyleslater
    438 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Push pay to win much in galaxy of rebels? I don't mind spending on some things but needing to spend that much on ships? Sheesh.... some of those ships are way way overdue to have free to play ways of getting them.

Wicket is new enough I don't expect him free to play... but don't design him into requirements without making him free to play. Like you did for captain solo... then didn't even sell us enough shards to unlock him you cheapskates... oh well.

Overall my biggest disappointment was th insane focus on rebels. They could have at least done resistance and fo to match the new movies... but whatever... I'll just get back to playing galaxy of rebels....
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Cassian's ship is not only unfarmable, it was virtually unobtainable until yesterday. That's an odd choice...and I'm being kind.
    Odd certainly is a kind way of putting it. Although I'm not sure if any accurate description could make it past the forum's profanity filter.

• Options
    I expect they will make adjustments to TB as we go but I agree with you here. Ships/toons that we can't farm shouldn't have high star requirements.
  • Options
    Shouldn't be required period....
  • Options
    I think this isn't intended to be completed in the first go. When the ewoks become farmable I think it'll help easier, same with other ships/toons.

I know what you mean, but think it over.
    Next time we will be able to farm those ewoks for the platoons.
    BUT, meanwhile they release 2-3 new toons through Marquee events and they will become requirement as well.
    Then again, we wont be able to finish platoons that time, because of those new toons.
    It doesnt make any sense.
  • Charzypants
    248 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I don't think on week 1 you're meant to 100% everything. You'd get bored and quit.

But ya I agree the focus on rebels is way to much. Anyone who likes Jedis or dark side toons kinda got the short end here.
  • Options

BUT, meanwhile they release 2-3 new toons through Marquee events and they will become requirement as well.
    Then again, we wont be able to finish platoons that time, because of those new toons.

It makes sense if the goal is to make it impossible to finish platoons without spending
  • Options
    If I deploy a character's ship, let's say Ahsoka, do I lose getting to use them somewhere else on the ground?
  • Options
    I was pretty harsh against CG for the Rolo mission requirement, but I believe this is totally fair game. This isn't meant to be completed on the first attempt, maybe not even for a couple months for a casual guild. Over time when the ewoks get released, this will become easier as the guild gets collectively closer to completion.
  • Options
    No no. That's blatantly obvious. But ea does want us to have all the rebels unlocked and g11... that much is obvious. However the pay to win requirements are just in bad taste. In a game that's already giving us a bad taste with the insane rebel love going on. I mean I can understand it I just wish they would pretend they didn't love only the rebels once in a while... they have nearly abandoned ships... none of the tie reaper types have come to f2p (way overdue... we have gauntlet). And no new ships recently. If they don't release a ship a month even if it's just move one from pay to win to f2p it will seem abandoned. The last ds release was thrawn no? And that was horrible because of th ps (rebel) requirement.... sorry for the rant. I guess galaxy of rebels is rubbing me the wrong way... requiring those little fur balls and ships I have wanted for 9 months is just adding salt to the wound.
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I was pretty harsh against CG for the Rolo mission requirement, but I believe this is totally fair game. This isn't meant to be completed on the first attempt, maybe not even for a couple months for a casual guild. Over time when the ewoks get released, this will become easier as the guild gets collectively closer to completion.

Read my previous comment.
  • Options
    I don't think on week 1 you're meant to 100% everything. You'd get bored and quit.

But ya I agree the focus on rebels is way to much. Anyone who likes Jedis or dark side toons kinda got the short end here.

I can agree with you there, but its just unfair that we dont the have option too in some platoons. Give us a 4* Lobot no problem, hes a char no one has and is a long farm, that is fair. Give characters that are impossible to get is just out out line imo
  • Options
    I don't think on week 1 you're meant to 100% everything.
    On which week are you getting Falcon and Wicket?
  • Options
    The ship is independent from its crew
  • Options
    Why have a platoon that guilds literally can't finish because even if you wanted to go and farm an Ewok today to get him to 4*, you can't because the toon is completely inaccessible in the game. It's literally impossible. That can't be WAI.
  • Options
    I think the toons required for platoon deployment might be randomized based on the entire database.
    Could be worth flagging this concern to devs as there is merit in taking some of these unfarmable, unbuyable, unobtainable requirements from the TB mode...
  • Options

Maybe new characters don't appear in platoons
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]