[Community Request] Territory Battles...

Prev1
RancorPackGuild
1363 posts Member
edited September 2017
We members of Rancor Pack, a worldwide guild of players, feel that all future Territory Battles remain 24 hrs per phase. Or that choice be given for a 12 or 24 hour format.

1. We have players worldwide.
2. Players in the military.
3. Players who only have home or office play openings and restrictions.
4. Family time and other schedule conflicts.

We therefore request two options.

1. That is remain 24 hours a phase
2. Is an option per leader to choose a 12hr or 24hr format.

Those in favor of this proposal please do comment below.

Don't just say signed.

Be descriptive about how important this is to you and your guild.
Post edited by RancorPackGuild on

Replies

• Options
    12H!!
  • Options
    Lol at down voting the 12 hour comments just because you don't agree with them. Gotta love people.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I like the second suggestion, it will be a good solution to this 12/24 hours problem
    But maybe it will just create problems
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Our guild is a beautiful community of many nationalities, age groups and daily schedules and has formed a great friendship. But this game had a certain daily hour requirement that was a delicate balance with our life, jobs and other real-life obbligations. This new game mode, while very interesting, is starting to go beyond the threshold of daily time that requires dedication from serious gamers only.
    As it is, we have quite a few members of our guild that are starting to seriously limit their time commitment. I fear that if you move it to 12hs/phase, a lot of us will quit. It's a very nice game, but most of us will not sacrifice our real life for it.
  • Options
    24 hours per phase , as mentioned in the OP , all valid points and furthermore, it's a game and supposed to be fun, With TB running once a week, the is zero benefit to running it in 12 hour phases and a huge increase in player commitment by running it on a 24 hour per phase schedule. By allowing players to fit the time in around their personal real world schedule, you increase the fun and playtime in the game .
  • Options
    Lol at down voting the 12 hour comments just because you don't agree with them. Gotta love people.

Easy there, oh sarcastic one. It's a good way to show dislike of an idea, without having to write out a response. It's quite literally "voting against" the idea... it's the entire point of having that feature. One could easily say the same of those who vote it up.
  • Options
    The problem with giving a choice is it isn't really a choice. Nobody is going to willingly choose 12 hours and give themselves a disadvantage compared to other guilds. Guild leaders will choose to do the extra work to get the better score, even if we hate it.
  • Options
    The problem with giving a choice is it isn't really a choice. Nobody is going to willingly choose 12 hours and give themselves a disadvantage compared to other guilds. Guild leaders will choose to do the extra work to get the better score, even if we hate it.

But there is a choice, 12h vs 24h, see two OPTIONS cause its a CHOICE
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Interesting point of view, I choose 24 hours, but then again my crew is solid, and they don't need supervision to hit their marks. Obviously it varies from guild to guild, however, to put this another way. We all are learning what and how we need to do things to handle this new game mode, but be honest, within a couple turns thru TB, what exactly will you need to do? Post a message meet and let the crew hit their marks, but here is the big thing, you get a better turnout by the guild when the windows are decent, ie the current 24 hours per, versus a 12 hour window, and especially over a weekend.
  • Options
    Our guild is worldwide as well and 12 hours just won't do. Our guild is top 100 so we're fairly competitive but we have lives too. 24 hours all the way
  • Options
    24hrs all the way.
  • Options
    I saw someone on Reddit suggest we leave it at 24hour phase with the option to skip to next phase whenever we feel we are done with the current one. I don't see why not since we only get 1TB per week anyway

They can still give out rewards after the global cooldowns ends, but it would give leaders way more control over the situation, and would solve the time zone issue since each guild controls its destiny
  • Options
    Personally i would like the 12 hour time limit, with the 24 hour timer i am simply...bored. Now my guild isnt the biggest or best, so we havent been able to 3* all the phases, but we tend to be out of things to do a couple hours after reset, and then sit around waiting for the few stragglers to get on and contribute while waiting for the next phase to begin. But for more advanced guilds, i can support the 24 hour window.
  • Options
    If it's only going to be once a week anyway why not give us 6 days. The weekends are harder to find time to play.
  • Options
    Please keep it at 24hr. I am Guild Leader of a casual guild that has players all over the world. We love the 24hr time span but would have a very hard time with this game mode if it decreased to 12hr. It is so much fun the way it is currently. Please keep it.
  • Options
    I see no problem with 12 hrs. Might be a nice way for some of the guilds who are behind and FTP to catch up a little. I think once the strategy is nailed down a bit more, it will take less time. I prefer an extra 90 min (at most) on the weekends as opposed to the bleed into Thurs and Tues.
  • Options
    Some people seem to think that with the 12 hour TB, there will be more TBs. Both 12 hr and 24 hr TBs are designed to be once a week only. My vote is on 24 hours.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    24 hours is working perfectly. Please devs, listen to your player base.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Please stick to 24hs
    We are an US/Europe guild. Core together since may 2016. We have all a lot of fun playing the game all along and sharing duties along the different time tables.
    Turning in 12hs is unacceptable stress for many players who enjoy a lot the game but can't commit to play for example when ~ they have a family ~
    Just sayin'
  • Options
    I like the idea of guild leader choosing 12 or 24 hour then.
  • Options
    Thanks for commenting. Hopefully it will be an elective choice!!! 12 or 24hrs.

I see that being optimal.
  • Options
    I didn't read all the comments but I agree with having the option of 24 hours to complete each phase because after all it is a game and doing it in 12 hour phases with people across the globe adds a level of commitment to some players depending on their location.

My solution is to give the option to complete it in 12 hour phase with the bonus of completing two in one week. The guilds that are not as competitive can do it leisurely and take 24 hours per phase while the more competitive and active guilds can double their rewards and payouts by managing it in 12 hour phases.

Just my thoughts on the situation. Honestly I will deal with it either way. It is an adjustment but so was ships at first.
  • Options
    Phelynor wrote: »
    If it's only going to be once a week anyway why not give us 6 days. The weekends are harder to find time to play.

Nah....not so much. I work 2nd shift and sometimes have to work weekends. I would rather have time to do each phase after work than have to do it in a rush....or maybe miss a phase completely.
  • Options
    I'm going to point out that with 24 hour and losing everything people contribute if they leave, there's a 24 hour window to replace a player and complete loss of 6 days
  • Options
    Let me try to explain a different way why elective wouldn't really be an option.

Let's say we are debating about whether arena attempts should be increased from 5 to 10. I argue no, because I don't want another 50 minutes I have to spend in/waiting on arena every day. Somebody says well why not just make it a choice. You can opt to either get 5 or 10.

That doesn't make sense, right? Why would someone choose to receive fewer attempts. That puts them at a disadvantage compared to everyone else.

It's the same way with 12 vs 24 hours. Choosing 12 hours puts the guild at a disadvantage compared to other guilds who would get 24. Why would any guild choose to give themselves less time? Even if they hate that they have to participate for that long, they are going to choose the longer window.
  • Options
    Absolutely agree that it should stay a 24 hour format. As a father, husband, partner, small business owner, and star wars geek I feel compelled to make my voice heard. I enjoy playing SWGOH and as it stands, sometimes have trouble putting in the time to be competitive. Often I miss raids, flash events, and other special events just because life has to take precedence. The ability to strategize and participate when it's convenient for me, makes it another enjoyable addition to the game. There has been some chatter about the game getting a little TOO gamer based. If you put even more restriction on a casual game, I for one, of many, will just not be able to have fun. My 2 cents
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Daryth wrote: »
    I'm going to point out that with 24 hour and losing everything people contribute if they leave, there's a 24 hour window to replace a player and complete loss of 6 days

I would rather take the loss of one player than not.

Adversely. Guildmates are less likely to just quit if they have to wait 6 days for rewards.

The 24 hour a day time allows a player to think hard before just leaving.