The Gear Grind

2Next

Replies

• Options
    +1,000,000,000 on all of this. Every single post. Aside from the **** who thinks the bottleneck is not an issue. The struggle is real.
  • Options
    I really like the idea of a Gear shop and instead of Gear drops, you earn Gear Credits on the raids to spend as you like. The RNG can be on how many credits you get. Giving some control to the players would be nice.
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I think the gear 12 pieces are well designed. All brand new items you get from TB store. Simple and straightforward.

What honestly killed little hope i had for the situation to improve is those new pieces of gear to go from gear 11 to 12. Most of those requires stun guns, carbantis and/or cuffs. I think this is where the design philosophy of the game sucks.

New aat raid gear? MkIV holo projector needs cuffs. New TB gear? Mk V comlink requires mk IV that requires cuffs... The old gear is part of the receipe of the new one and that creates an endless need for those 3 dreaded pieces (cuffs, guns, carbantis).

It's ridiculous when you think of it, to go back to the mkIV holo projector, that it is easier to get the raid parts to make it than the cuffs...

As a bare minimum put cuffs and guns into challenges same as carbantis. At least it creates a steady influx. And update raid loot boxes by taking out challenge gear.

Let's not even talk about "farmable" gold gear that has abyssimal drop rate the only way is to buy with crystals.
  • Options
    +1,000,000,000 on all of this. Every single post. Aside from the **** who thinks the bottleneck is not an issue. The struggle is real.

In defense of Nic, what nic says is correct. There are options to get carbs,cuffs, guns etc. It's a choice one has to make like we all do in all stores. I appreciate comments like Nic's no matter how unpopular because it's a different pov.

But even with those above choices I think the gear crunch is unhealthy for long term player use. Sometimes a bone thrown is savored more than a full meal. Make the light at the end of the tunnel somewhat attainable with out the option of using crystals. It's a pretty sucky feeling to farm level mod a toon and have them stuck on gear 8.

• Options
    There is solution already:

"Put new slots of gear in shipment, add 20 pcs stuff so that it's look cheap"

Gear grind solved! :smiley:
  • Options
    They have changed the way we play the game without changing the way that the game regenerates. The amount of gear we currently get was fine last summer, but they have added so many toons that are required to do certain events. They have changed the way that we play.

R2 came out and people rushed to farm enough Empire toons beyond EP and Zader. Phoenix squad came out and people were underwhelmed. Then they were required for Thrawn. Wicket came out and people rushed to gear Ewoks. CLS came out and people had to rush to gear ANH toons. It is no longer about resource managementwithin The game. The game has now become focused on the haves and the have not.

If you want to participate in all that is offered, open up the piggy bank or you would have had to have been an original player to have the needed toons. It is not possible just with regular game play and a few bucks here and there being spent to keep up with the demands of the game. I am reaching the point where i don't feel like I am making progress anymore. At some point, they have to change the mechanics of the game to make it enjoyable again for players and less like a job.

Hopefully sooner than later for the game's sake
  • EldMapat
    85 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Lets get new tiers to challenges with every gear level increase
  • Bomroll
    399 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Call me stu pid but I think we will get some increase in materials (from what ever source) in a month or so. They need the whales to spend like crazy for g12 etc and once most have done this they will release gear to the lower players at a slow /moderate rate.
  • Options
    +1 million.

I made a post about this a month or so ago and it got moved for "dev visibility". The entire gear economy needs an overhaul.Guild store gives you a whopping TWO pieces of salvage for a ridiculous amount and the only full crafts you can get are 20 pieces of which Holo Projectors are not one of them. Carbs / Stun Guns / Cuffs / MKV Detonators / Comlinks etc. etc. are all 7th level of Hades farming.

Why does it cost 1400 crystals for an MK4 stun gun of which we have THOUSANDS of? Why does a fully crafted eyeball cost 2,000 crystals when literally half of it is challenge gear? We cannot request the prototypes either. Why do carbs still cost 1,400, MKV stun guns 1,274 and a fully crafted one costs 2,541? Literally, it makes no sense at all. Staring down a K2 that would cost a vault or two just to get from Gear 8 to gear 10 is insane. Those are 2-4 gear levels LOWER than what we have now. A piece that takes us to a full gear 12 takes the SAME AMOUNT of crystals as a piece that can take you to gear 8 or 9. Oh, and guess what? some of those same gear 8/9/X pieces are required for some of the gear that gets you to 12.

Let's look at K-2SO for a second. If you JUST got him to a naked gear 8 and decided you wanted to go to gear 11, which is a level behind the current, on crystals ONLY it would cost you more than 27,732 crystals and you'd still

The gear economy is terrible TRASH and makes no sense at all.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Darth_Neal
    22 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    +1

Mk 5 Stun Guns, Mk 3 Stun Cuffs, and Mk 3 Holo Projectors are needed by SO MANY characters, yet they are very hard/slow to obtain. Using energy/refreshes to farm gear is not fun--feels like a chore... and I normally get between 0-3 pieces of purple gear per energy refresh. RIP OFF! Please add them to challenges. I've only been playing this game since June of this year, but the gear grind in this game has made me almost quit a few times. If this aspect of the game doesn't change in the near future, I'm out.
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    +1 million.

I made a post about this a month or so ago and it got moved for "dev visibility". The entire gear economy needs an overhaul.Guild store gives you a whopping TWO pieces of salvage for a ridiculous amount and the only full crafts you can get are 20 pieces of which Holo Projectors are not one of them. Carbs / Stun Guns / Cuffs / MKV Detonators / Comlinks etc. etc. are all 7th level of Hades farming.

Why does it cost 1400 crystals for an MK4 stun gun of which we have THOUSANDS of? Why does a fully crafted eyeball cost 2,000 crystals when literally half of it is challenge gear? We cannot request the prototypes either. Why do carbs still cost 1,400, MKV stun guns 1,274 and a fully crafted one costs 2,541? Literally, it makes no sense at all. Staring down a K2 that would cost a vault or two just to get from Gear 8 to gear 10 is insane. Those are 2-4 gear levels LOWER than what we have now. A piece that takes us to a full gear 12 takes the SAME AMOUNT of crystals as a piece that can take you to gear 8 or 9. Oh, and guess what? some of those same gear 8/9/X pieces are required for some of the gear that gets you to 12.

Let's look at K-2SO for a second. If you JUST got him to a naked gear 8 and decided you wanted to go to gear 11, which is a level behind the current, on crystals ONLY it would cost you more than 27,732 crystals and you'd still

The gear economy is terrible TRASH and makes no sense at all.

It makes cents. Players have been talking about gear since pre craft. Minimal changes. Obvi devs and mods etc have bosses too. There's the corporate aspect to it that we don't see and obvi devs can't talk about. Keep complaining keep bringing the issue to light. Devs read everything on here. Hopefully one day it will have a break through.
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It makes cents. Players have been talking about gear since pre craft. Minimal changes. Obvi devs and mods etc have bosses too. There's the corporate aspect to it that we don't see and obvi devs can't talk about. Keep complaining keep bringing the issue to light. Devs read everything on here. Hopefully one day it will have a break through.

I hope they did their calculations... because I remember this game to have revenue more than 100k and to be in top 10
    https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/

EDIT: and obviously TB will not bring it back in top 10
  • Options

In defense of Nic, what nic says is correct. There are options to get carbs,cuffs, guns etc. It's a choice one has to make like we all do in all stores. I appreciate comments like Nic's no matter how unpopular because it's a different pov.

But even with those above choices I think the gear crunch is unhealthy for long term player use. Sometimes a bone thrown is savored more than a full meal. Make the light at the end of the tunnel somewhat attainable with out the option of using crystals. It's a pretty sucky feeling to farm level mod a toon and have them stuck on gear 8.

Maybe I was a little harsh in my judgement. My apologies Nic. And true there are choices. Regardless of how terrible they may be. Either farm zetas with fleet creds (which I choose to do because let's face it; the randomness of the fleet challenge is pathetic at best) or farm gear and get left in the dust. And I completely agree with your final comment. As a launch player I really do fear for this games overall survival and continuity if they don't address this issue in the near future. It's beyond maddening. Even throwing us a pigeon bone would help at this point.
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »

I hope they did their calculations... because I remember this game to have revenue more than 100k and to be in top 10

Just look how fast it's falling!
  • Options
    Carbantis, stun guns and stun cuffs are all items we can potentially (haha) get from Rancor. Back in the day when you could actually get into the top 3, you would sometimes get lucky with a lot of these pieces. Now everyone solos the raid and you come 30th and get absolute trash.
  • Options

Lol at Pokémon go beating it out.
  • Options
    Not to mention the little things they do to make it worse.

There's no reason hat mk3 holos disappear from guild shop at lvl 60. There's no reason that the tier 5/6 rancor drops full stun guns but heroic cannot.

But worst is that the highest tier of all challenges only drop an item that need another 50 salvage to compete. At least carbantis and syringes are commonly used on their own. Biotechs and binoculars are worthless without the other half. Plus the Tac challenge......
  • Options
    Moving to Feedback: Gear and UI
  • Options
    This post had a good run while it lasted. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts/ideas/perspectives!

:smile: moving a thread does not solve any problems
  • Options

Maybe I was a little harsh in my judgement. My apologies Nic. And true there are choices. Regardless of how terrible they may be. Either farm zetas with fleet creds (which I choose to do because let's face it; the randomness of the fleet challenge is pathetic at best) or farm gear and get left in the dust. And I completely agree with your final comment. As a launch player I really do fear for this games overall survival and continuity if they don't address this issue in the near future. It's beyond maddening. Even throwing us a pigeon bone would help at this point.

I love when forum dwellers work together. I'm same boat - when fleet came out all I did was grind cuffs and get gear for my droid team (haha) fell way behind in ships. Then just focused everything in ships(it helps) now I'm farming exclusively zeta for another week or two and working on platoon ships and Chirrut and atf. The choices are too tough.
  • Options
    This post had a good run while it lasted. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts/ideas/perspectives!

No, no it does not. It just keeps "negative" posts out of general where nobody can see them.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

No, no it does not. It just keeps "negative" posts out of general where nobody can see them.

Forums are changing - mods are tasked to move them. Dev responses are happening more and more in the sub forums- it's a start.

• Cloud_Starkiller_66
    24 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

It does for them if no one sees it anymore. Man they are more in tune with Star Wars than I thought.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/4f190f10f43e714b8b86f72126167ee5/tumblr_nb1pawXGlz1twgs7qo3_500.gif
  • frenulum
    30 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I would even be okay with being able to swap full sets of gear between toons with same gear requirements, similar to being able to take off, and swap mods, only keep all the pieces together, as a single piece. Just give us some gear templates per toon types, and once you filled all the gear spots for a level (let's say X), you have a fully crafted piece of gear X. All pieces together, form a single piece of full gear, which you can swap over to another toon, depending on what you're doing... It's a rather ridiculous idea, but I would surely take it over having to gear out every single duplicate piece for every single character... Oh well, back to the grind!!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/frenulum/ || Ally Code: 696-652-666 || Android | LG Nexus 5X | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 3G | MEmu 2.7.2