ALIGNMENT: DARK
CLASS: Capital
CATEGORIES: Empire, Capital Ship
CREW: Grand Admiral Thrawn

q6vf4b1082ej.png

ABILITIES:

Basic – Calculated Strike
ke4xbxz7xwu9.gif

Final Text: Target ally is called to Assist with +35% Offense.

Special Ability 1 – Art of War
gdnqfh3ecgym.gif

Final Text: All allies recover 20% Health and gain a buff for 2 turns. (Attacker: Offense Up - Support: Foresight - Tank: Defense Up)
Inflict a debuff on all enemies for 2 turns. These effects can't be Evaded or Resisted. (Attacker: Offense Down - Support: Ability Block - Tank: Defense Down)

Special Ability 2 – Phylon 07 Tractor Beam Projectors
a27y9ygn0q0a.gif

Final Text: Deal Special Damage to all enemies and remove 20% Turn Meter.

Crew Ability (Ultimate) – Strategic Dominance
2ciisevwae96.gif

Final Text: Instantly defeat target enemy and deal damage to all remaining enemies equal to 40% of their Max Health. Dispel all debuffs on target ally and grant them 100% Health, 100% Protection, 75% Turn Meter, and heal all other allies equal to 40% of their Max Health. Increase all cooldowns on the enemy Capital Ship by 1. This ability starts on cooldown.

Unique Ability (Passive) – Fierce Loyalty
Final Text: All allies have +25% Critical Damage (doubled on Empire allies) and +15% Critical Chance. When an enemy is defeated, all allies gain 5% Tenacity (stacking) until the end of battle. Reinforcement Bonus: Critical Chance Up for 2 turns

GENERAL STRATEGY
  • Calculated Strike can be used to apply effects from your other ships’ basic abilities, giving you great flexibility with the utility provided by your capital ship.
  • Art of War has a powerful impact on the battle. It bolsters your ships while reducing the effectiveness of the enemy’s ships, bringing strong utility to any phase of your fleet battles.
  • Strategic Dominance can help you bypass Endurance’s damage immunity on a taunt or deal with that pesky TIE Fighter. It is also the first ability to lock down the enemy capital ship’s abilities, preventing them from reinforcing, using their ultimate, or taking any significant action for an additional turn.

SHIP SYNERGIES
  • With strong Critical Damage and Critical Chance boosts that are always active, Chimaera is all about boosting allies to deal incredible damage consistently. Bringing Empire ships for the bonus 25% Critical Damage will maximize your fleet’s potential.
  • Ships that have strong utility on their basic attacks go great with Chimaera. Sun Fac’s Geonosian Starfighter can target lock, Umbaran Starfighter can dispel, First Order TIE Fighter can grant itself two Turn Meter boosts, and Slave I can focus on dealing a lot of damage. Being able to use the bonus effects on your ships’ basic abilities more frequently can turn the tide of battle if you bring a diverse toolbox.
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• :) how to unlock?
  • Duh, a new fleet challenge of course, just like all the other capital ships ;)
    hopefully not a 7* ghost and phantom
    A Legendary event, but I'm curious on who is needed.
  • stumpoman wrote: »
    :) how to unlock?
    hopefully not a 7* ghost and phantom
    Probably is lol legendary event. Can get 7*
  • Wait, ships are still a thing?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Got my 7* Ghost and Phantom II ready. If you haven't started farming them it took me like 4-5 months.

If Gauntlet, Gar and the trooper is needed, then Ima Gun Di.

• Winstar wrote: »
    Got my 7* Ghost and Phantom II ready. If you haven't started farming them it took me like 4-5 months.

If Gauntlet, Gar and the trooper is needed, then Ima Gun Di.

I don't have phx ships up so it's def them! Grats!

• Why hasn’t Emperor Palpatine gotten a capital ship? And why are there still ships in the game that we aren’t able to farm?

Thrawn’s ship looks pretty cool though!
  • Why hasn’t Emperor Palpatine gotten a capital ship? And why are there still ships in the game that we aren’t able to farm?

Hopefully this event and the rewards for ship arena opens up the ability to farm them.

I would love the Emperor to have a Capital ship! But let's enjoy the soon to be released one. Hopefully Palpatine's ship will be his Eclipse and that it would be the next Capital ship to arrive.
  • I'm not usually a pessimist, but there have been so many game breaking additions to this game, it's frustrating. Why not add new ships and toons with new abilities that merely change strategies and lineups, not completely wreck and overpower everything that already exists in game...
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    What about getting current capitol ships to 7*?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Fleet Mastery. This event series will return monthly and give players a chance to earn blueprints to bring their Capital Ships to 7 stars.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    SolariJedi wrote: »
    I'm not usually a pessimist, but there have been so many game breaking additions to this game, it's frustrating. Why not add new ships and toons with new abilities that merely change strategies and lineups, not completely wreck and overpower everything that already exists in game...

What leads you to believe that this ship is greatly superior to the others? That is something that only time will tell. Sure it's ultimate might look powerful, but when you compare to the ults of the other ships, I would say that it's likely to be pretty balanced
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Fleet Mastery. This event series will return monthly and give players a chance to earn blueprints to bring their Capital Ships to 7 stars.

Thanks. I see there is another thread explaining that part.
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    Pretty cool. For as much as there are complaints about DS getting shafted, DS capitals at least have the best ultimate abilities.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if there would be a need for Rebel ships for this challenge. With the Ghost and Phantom II being required.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    See, this would be great if there were more empire ships
  • See, this would be great if it also wasn't a whopping 5th out of 7 legendary events requiring lightside and a whopping 4 out of those 5 requiring Rebels. Talk about spitting in the faces of their darkside fans. That would say "play the game how we decide or else" more than anything to date. I'm HOPING this isn't how it's unlocked, I rather DS ships used to fight against lightside and PS and Ghost.
  • CG, who do we need to unlock it? I'm already throwing down $ to farm Ps characters I detest more than any in the entirety of the game just so I can finally get THRAWN, you gonna force players to farm their ships too for this? It would honestly cement the LS bias of 5 out of 7 requiring LS and 4 out of 5 needing rebels specifically. Plz tell me this isn't true.
  • CG, who do we need to unlock it? I'm already throwing down $ to farm Ps characters I detest more than any in the entirety of the game just so I can finally get THRAWN, you gonna force players to farm their ships too for this? It would honestly cement the LS bias of 5 out of 7 requiring LS and 4 out of 5 needing rebels specifically. Plz tell me this isn't true.
    Just look at the visual for the event
    i3jovv4nwnl2.jpg

There's no doubt you'll have to have Ghost and Phantom II.
  • @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP It would be very very nice of you to give more insight on the unlocking requirements for Cimaera. We already now that for character legendary event we need 5 5* toons of certain faction. With ships this is far from being obvious - we can potentially bring up to 8 ships in a single battle. Plus We do not have factions with many ships - I think rebels and republic ships are the most populated factions and they still have only 6 ships.
  • Why don't y'all just wait a bit for the event? All will be revealed in good time. You are not going to 7* your Phantom and Ghost before it happens, so just chill. It's going to be a monthly thing so you will have plenty of upcoming opportunities.
  • Spyda wrote: »
    SolariJedi wrote: »
    I'm not usually a pessimist, but there have been so many game breaking additions to this game, it's frustrating. Why not add new ships and toons with new abilities that merely change strategies and lineups, not completely wreck and overpower everything that already exists in game...

What leads you to believe that this ship is greatly superior to the others? That is something that only time will tell. Sure it's ultimate might look powerful, but when you compare to the ults of the other ships, I would say that it's likely to be pretty balanced

Um... did you read the abilities? You can have darth vader applying unevadable target lock all the time and an ult that instantly defeats an enemy? Plus, he can remove turn meter, grants cc and cm and he also gives tenacity + he can buff ur ships, while debuffing enemy ships.
  • Only hope is that my Ships can last long enough for Tarkin ship to kill everyone..
  • SolariJedi wrote: »

+1
  • Why don't y'all just wait a bit for the event? All will be revealed in good time. You are not going to 7* your Phantom and Ghost before it happens, so just chill. It's going to be a monthly thing so you will have plenty of upcoming opportunities.

Actually, the fleet mastery events are the only monthly ones, Thrawn's ship is a legendary event that will likely only return every few months (though it is the first legendary ship event so I'm not sure how long they'll make us wait). So, if you don't get it, you'll have to suffer in arena for awhile just like with squad legendaries.