Free Samsung Data Pack

Prev134
Powerlifter450
501 posts Member
edited December 2015
Our friends at Samsung have released a data card pack for this game. However, they accidentally overlooked those of us without a current device. Please, do not despair. I have a solution.

Download the Bluestacks Android Emulator for PC and Mac.then download this game. Once you log into your account, the card pack should be all the way over on the left. It will be red and say Samsung and free.

You're welcome!
Post edited by Powerlifter450 on

Replies

• Options
    Are you on about the First Order Trooper?
  • Options
    I have the first order trooper. This post isn't about that. Samsung has a special card pack for Samsung device users. Samsung forgot to award this to non Samsung users. The pack includes IG-86, several character shards, some cash, and 400 crystals.
  • Options
    Thanks for the head's up!
  • Options
    Anytime!
  • Options
    Good info thank you
  • Options
    You're welcome. I wanted to be sure as many people could get this as possible. This might help everyone in the future also.
  • Options
    Wow.... iOS needs one.... Lucky Samsung....
  • Options
    Maybe Apple will do one in the future
  • Options
    I'm playing on a Samsung Galaxy tab S and didn't see anything about that , searched the internet and again nothing
    How can we claim that pack ? Where can I found infos on that ?

Thank you
  • Options
    Popped up on my S5 automatically...maybe it's exclusive to the phones?
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    I don't know which Samsung devices it will show up on. If you would like to have it, then follow the instructions I provided in the original post. If you have questions about install and setup, then ask me and I'll help you.
  • Options
    FWIW, I got the pack on my Galaxy Note 3.
  • Options
    I recently tried this on my Note 4 and it worked! Thanks!
    Everything exists today was fiction in the past. Every fiction today will exist in the future...
  • Options
    You're all welcome. I'm glad many people have been able to acquire this pack.
  • Options
    Wow. thanks! There...has to be a thumbsup button!
  • Options
    You're welcome. There doesn't seem to be one on this forum. There was a grant XP button on the EA answers forum.
  • Options
    I have a note 4. I signed into Google play and could not find this pack. Screenshot?? Better instructions? Please???
  • Options
    I don't have a Samsung smartphone or tablet. Samsung put together a small data pack with Capital Games. There's a picture of it on the star was galaxy of heroes answer board. Answers.EA.com then navigate to star wars galaxy of heroes. Then click general discussion and you'll see the topic.

There are a few Android emulators out for the PC. One is called Bluestacks. If you install Bluestacks you can install software from the Google Play Store. Download this game. When it starts up, skip the tutorial and sign into your account. Now go to the data cards section. All the way on the left you should see the red Samsung free pack.

Bluestacks, and perhaps other emulators, identify themselves to software as specific devices or so it appears. This is why the Samsung pack showed up. I don't know if the device identifier can be changed manually or not. I'm sure there's a way to edit it somehow. I'm just not inclined to look for it.

I posted this because I think everyone should be allowed to claim the Samsung pack and/or any other free promotional packs.
  • Options
    I installed Bluestacks and downloaded the game and google play games update, then I opened it, and there was no free samsung card, and no way to sign into my non-google play account. so i signed in to google play... still no free droid, only the stormtrooper. and now my google play account is linked to a level 1 bluestacks game instead of my level 31 game on my phone where I haven't signed into google play yet... any help?
  • Options
    Once you sign in to Google Play, it will restart the game at your Google Play account level. Whatever your Google Play level is. Another reason I wanted to get this out asap was because I don't know how long this will be available. The free Samsung pack is in with the data cards. If you are signed in to your account and don't see it in with the data cards, it may have expired. I'd check a few more times in the next couple of days for it. So far, most people have reported success claiming it.
  • Options
    IMG-20151124-WA0001-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    Cheers, so I'm just confused at the specific requirements for this to show up.. just to clarify this only shows up after signing into "google play" account right?.. since you can't sign into youre non-google play account in bluestacks?
    So, you would have to first sign into google play on your phone if you haven't done so already, so youre leveled up character and deck is transferred to the google play account. then when you sign into the google play account in bluestacks your free Samsung card will get added to your leveled up character and deck?

If this is true i messes up and attached my Gplay account to a brand new game in bluestacks. so to avoid this ppl have to attach their Gplay accunt to their leveled up guest account before signing in on bluestacks... Am i missing something?
  • Options
    nope, i dont think so, the one you played in your phone is separate account from googleplay. So meaning if you dont signin you are level 31 guest account, and after you signin its back level 1. Its better to play with google account so that your character data is secured.

Probably you can email dev to help merge the guest and google account.
  • Options
    Great tip, thanks Powerlifter, appreciate the shards and crystal! I'd expect this loophole to be closed pretty soon though....
  • Options
    The reason I said sign in to your account through Google Play, was so that you'd get the Samsung pack on your account. Getting it on a guest account isn't doing you any good. Bluestacks is just an emulator. Many software emulators need to identify themselves as something to other software or hardware. In this case, it looks like the Bluestacks software is telling this games servers that it's a Samsung device.

If you are on IOS, you could try to save your game through Facebook connect. Then create a Google account if you don't have one. Then try to sign in to Facebook connect from Bluestacks. This should load your game and allow you to save it. At the moment, I can't articulate this any better than I have. Hopefully, I've explained this well enough.
  • Options
    I have a Galaxy S5. No issues with the Samsung Pack: started literally a minute after the game hit the US Google Play store.
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • Options
    Vanilla Bluestacks would not let me log into Google Play Games. I found a rooted version of Bluestacks and it worked great.
  • Options
    Hmm, I wonder why not? It usually has a three checkoff setup system. Part of this includes signing in to Google Play. As a disclaimer, let me say I'm in no way affiliated or invested in Bluestacks. The important part is that you found a way to get this to work when it wouldn't
  • Options
    I'm on a galaxy S3... and I did not get any samsung pack :(
  • Options
    Try using the emulator then.