Best resistance team for TB?

Prev1
Got them all almost to 7 stars now and I'm ready to gear them but I don't want to gear the wrong ones. Is it Finn, Rey, Poe, Trooper, R2?

Replies

• Options
    That's the best team in my opinion ;)
  • Options
    I would say leave Rey and R2 out. and put in Pilot and BB-8. The more characters that can expose the better. Zeta on Finn is a must though.
  • Options
    With Finn Poe trooper pilot and bb8 I've never lost one battle yet
  • Options
    You need the trinity of Finn (zeta), Poe and Trooper.

Then it's any 2 from Resistance Pilot, Rey, R2 and BB8. I have used all possible combinations, and they all work just fine. My personal preference for HAAT/GW is for Pilot (extra source of expose) and R2 (I like the stun and potency increase). However, typically in TB I use zFinn, Poe, RT, RP and Rey, because that frees up R2 to be used in rebel teams, and there's plenty of phases where you need 2 rebel teams.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Definitely helps guys, thanks!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy section
  • Options
    I use Finn, poe, pilot, trooper and r2...r2's stun really helps w the countering troopers and I use his burn when there are multiple exposed opponents.
  • Options
    Finn, Poe, RT, BB8, R2. R2 can be replaced by RP if you need him elsewhere.
  • Nedus
    91 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Zfinn, poe and RT are a must... in tb then I add RP and BB8 but not because they do more exposes, but because they can be used only in a resistance team. So I can use rey and r2 in other teams. Rey is still a strong attacker and r2 is very good in so much LS teams
    The best resistance team in general is zfinn, poe, rt, r2 and bb8
  • Options
    One other point worth mentioning to help with your planning is that for HAAT P4 you need one of the droids (R2 or BB8) to avoid the airstrike. You don't need to use one if you use the team in P2 though. I know your post is about TB but it's a team with multiple uses so you might wanna consider this aspect as well.
  • Options
    It really depends on who you have Zeta'd.

The given three are zFinn, Poe (high speed), and RT. BB-8 makes even the hardest of those battles a breeze, and I highly recommend him as your fourth.

I have Rey's zeta, and the extra daze s very useful in later phases when more than one Skull Snowtrooper's tend to pop up. Plus she hits like a meteor once illuminated destiny is active on her.

RP is good for extra Exposes, and hits very hard as well with her secondary, if modded properly.

R2 is good for stealth and stuns, but I prefer to use him with Leia under CLS lead. Plus, the only time you actually need stealth, the spec ops usually just dispel it.

• Options
    Really it's the zeta on Finn that makes them tick. The other 4 are kinda interchangeable so don't get too bogged down on which is 'best' - different game modes have more optimal builds but any resistance will be a benefit to the squad
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Sub in BB-8 for R2. BB-8 has been killing it for me in TB and then you can use R2 with the mandatory rebel squad.
  • Options
    i do zFinn, Poe, R-Trooper, Rey, and BB-8....enemy never get to take a turn
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    BettieBlue wrote: »
    You need the trinity of Finn (zeta), Poe and Trooper.

Then it's any 2 from Resistance Pilot, Rey, R2 and BB8. I have used all possible combinations, and they all work just fine. My personal preference for HAAT/GW is for Pilot (extra source of expose) and R2 (I like the stun and potency increase). However, typically in TB I use zFinn, Poe, RT, RP and Rey, because that frees up R2 to be used in rebel teams, and there's plenty of phases where you need 2 rebel teams.

Hope that helps!

I agree. In TB avoid using your R2 with your resistance. A good resistance team should be able to clear all 6 stages without getting hit (make sure you use poes buff block on the elite troopers to avoid them getting taunt). Save the snowtroopers for last then get a finn stun on them and its an easy win.

Also, in later tb phases dont use strafe till the last battle. Since resistance gain so much TM they lock out the strafe cooldown so you will usually only get one use out of it. You can easily do it without using strafe but it's nice to have as a back up if you get stuck with a elite snowtrooper taunting.

R2 is best saved for rebel squads as they have less utility in dealing with the elite snowtroopers.

My normal team is Zfinn, poe, trooper, pilot, and rey. I dont have BB8 geared or else I would likely swap rey for him.
  • Options
    You can clear any phase 6/6 with a gear 8 BB8. zFinn, Poe, Rtrooper, Rpilot, and BB8. Use R2 with rebels.
  • Options
    yeah, I was clearing with G8 BB-8 with all abilities level 3 (except Illuminated Destiny was 6). Now it is a easy as pie since he's max'd out (no zetas).
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Flakbait
    63 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I've tried it a few different ways, and based on my personal experience (after the core 3), the other two that work best for me in Territory Battles are BB8, & RP.

BB8 is the unequivocal king of TB IMO, because starting in wave 2 (or at latest 3) I can easily get an ID per wave, and depending on the timing, sometimes 2 in waves 5-6. It's like the Resistance easy button, and is easily the 2nd best thing going for Res, right after Finn's Zeta.

The extra exposes from RP are more valuable (IMO) than the big hits from Rey. Rey can make it a bit faster, but RP makes it safer and less likely for RNG to shaft you.

The odd droid out is R2. His stuns can help get the machine rolling safely, but that's in the early rounds where they can't hurt you much. After the TM engine is running, he really doesn't add any value except the occasional counter attacking elite that he can lock down. The way I deal with them is stack a boatload of exposes on them before hitting them the first time. They seldom get more than 1 counter attack before dying, and Poe's protection can easily take that until it gets back to 100% from more IDs.

Instead, I use R2 in one of my other CM teams - typically Rebels.

R2 is more valuable to me for Resistance in GW, but I still only sub him in for RP for the toughest mega-meta teams. His stun and stealth can help mitigate the actions that some top teams still get, no matter how much I try to lock them up. Otherwise, same problem as with TB. 1/3rd of the way into the fight (or less) he's not really needed, and therefore isn't as valuable as RP.

edit-
    FWIW, my R2 is G12 w/2 zetas. And I still leave him out for my G9 RP, and G8 BB8.
  • Options
    It deosn't really matter to be honest...If you have Finn, Poe and Trooper you can pretty much freely rotate the other 2 as you wish....I've done 6/6 on every phase with different teams - usually always use Pilot and then Rey in the lower Phases (1-3) because she can pretty mush one-shot most people with her specials...and BB8 in Phases 4-6 - there Rey can't one-shot them but with Illuminated destiny and on the last 2 battles you can two-shot them - My pilot does 40k+ crits on his special and that's with potency mods....R2 can be useful with the extra stun here and there but to be honest Fin's stun is more than enough and if the expose engine starts going you don't really need stuns except maybe on the occasional Elite Snowtrooper...
  • brillcs
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I used Zeta Finn, Resistance Pilot, Resistance Trooper, BB-8, & Barris just as an oh kitten I need a heal toon. If you load up on potency it's pretty easy to get BB-8's Illuminated Destiny to go over every round or two. Using this group I've yet to run into any issues.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    all the "must have R Trooper" is just brainwashing

Finn, Rey, Poe, RP, BB8 is best for TB you can run manually select targets but leave it on auto and clean up
  • Options
    Finn bb8 res pilot trooper and poe I get illuminated destiny twice/wave. Bb8 is only g8.
  • Options
    anonidude wrote: »
    Really it's the zeta on Finn that makes them tick. The other 4 are kinda interchangeable so don't get too bogged down on which is 'best' - different game modes have more optimal builds but any resistance will be a benefit to the squad

Poe is'nt interchaneable and so isn't trooper
  • Options
    I'm probably going to go with Finn, Poe, Trooper, Pilot, R2. If that is the case, what would the gearing priority be? Assuming I can only get 2 of them to high gear levels (at the moment), which 2 need gear the most?
  • Options
    I 6/6 every day with resistance Zinn Poe rt rp bb8
  • Options
    all the "must have R Trooper" is just brainwashing

Finn, Rey, Poe, RP, BB8 is best for TB you can run manually select targets but leave it on auto and clean up

Rt exposes with his basic. So you have a chance every attack. Rp only exposes on her special. Thats why everyone puts RT first.
  • Options
    I like to use R2 because he’s the only one with an AOe. Just in case something goes wrong and a few guys go into stealth that way i can still hit any exposes there may be on them.
  • Options
    I like to use R2 because he’s the only one with an AOe. Just in case something goes wrong and a few guys go into stealth that way i can still hit any exposes there may be on them.

I can't imagine things going sideways to the point where r2 was necessary. Any decently geared resistance squad with zFinn, Poe, and RT should clean up every battle. R2 has huge value as a rebel and shouldn't be wasted on a res squad that doesn't need him. If a few guys go into stealth, expose the ones that aren't stealthed and then whack them.
  • MrBlack
    11 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I do Finn, Poe, rt, bb8, r2 sometimes on the last couple of nodes of gw when I need to get a solid start and want to ensure that I land those first exposes. Sometimes I can’t get rolling otherwise. I do it for the potency boost, not the aoe.
  • Options

Even without enemy in stealth, R2 AOE is effective. Expose every enemy multiple times that damage from expose alone can kill him, and annihilate entire enemy toons with AOE. With this, all the Resistance characters will have 100% TM from the start of battle, and Not even Han Solo can be a threat. This strategy is especially effective in GW, where you can face G12 Han Solo with God Mods.