Past week shard drops a lot harder?

I dunno, I mean I know it's RNG....but starting sometime last week I started getting significantly worse shard drops. Not just one day, but now going on a solid week with dozens of multi-sims.

I typically sim a cantina node in sets of 5 and get 1-3 shards. This has been pretty reliable for months now. However, the past week I am consistently getting 0-1 shards. I even had an 0-15 which in MONTHS of simming never had....occassionally had some 2 or 3 out of 15.

Is it possible that there was a stealth change to drop rates?

Replies

  • Stodie wrote: »
    Is it possible that there was a stealth change to drop rates?

    No.

  • I've noticed this too. I refresh twice per day so I get approx 33 attempts at a 12 energy cantina node. I would average around 11 shards per day.

    Over the last week I've been averaging around 6 per day. A definite step change in drop rates on cantina sometime last week.
  • I leveled Lando with 80 shards, to unlock him. I got a 30-40% chance for a shard drop in cantina 1-E. Then i * him to 5*, same drop rate. Since then get 1 shard for 10 tries! And that for the last three days (2x Cantina refresh a day!).

    This is not normal!

    Do you think the devs are cheating on us?
  • Necro. @Kyno
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    To confirm- no updates or changes have been pushed recently.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Deantron wrote: »
    I leveled Lando with 80 shards, to unlock him. I got a 30-40% chance for a shard drop in cantina 1-E. Then i * him to 5*, same drop rate. Since then get 1 shard for 10 tries! And that for the last three days (2x Cantina refresh a day!).

    This is not normal!

    Do you think the devs are cheating on us?

    It's normal. The days leading up to Christmas is extended to 36 hours a day instead of 24... in your head!!! muhahaha >:)
  • It your imagination keep farming
  • Deantron wrote: »
    I leveled Lando with 80 shards, to unlock him. I got a 30-40% chance for a shard drop in cantina 1-E. Then i * him to 5*, same drop rate. Since then get 1 shard for 10 tries! And that for the last three days (2x Cantina refresh a day!).

    This is not normal!

    Do you think the devs are cheating on us?

    Yes, it is normal. No, no one is cheating you. It's a combination of three factors: RNG, variance and your own (and other would-be conspiracy theorists) confirmation bias. May the force be with you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    24198 posts Moderator
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Necro. @Kyno

    young enough to let it slide.
  • Kyno
    24198 posts Moderator
    moved to correct sub forum.
  • IgneoMorte
    253 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Kyno wrote: »
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Necro. @Kyno

    young enough to let it slide.

    Almost a year old
    Just out of curiosity, what is the age limit for a necro?

    PS: doing great, as always, Kyno. Keep up the great work
  • Kyno
    24198 posts Moderator
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Necro. @Kyno

    young enough to let it slide.

    Almost a year old
    Just out of curiosity, what is the age limit for a necro?

    PS: doing great, as always, Kyno. Keep up the great work

    haha, yeah i should probably read the year too.....thats important right....
This discussion has been closed.