TB Rewards and guild commitment issues... please address this!

Prev1
ZyloRen
50 posts Member
edited November 2017
So how do we ignore the fact that once you are kicked from a guild prior to finishing TB you don't earn rewards? TB rewards are vital to players and very rare since they pay every 10 days or so... Missing TB rewards is a huge blow to the player and I speak from experience...

This week I got into it with some guild members and my guild leader, I'm shaking as we speak as I don't know if I'll remain part of the guild. I personally couldn't give two kittens about the guild but they have too much power over me. If they kick me before I get rewards tomorrow I'll probably miss them and then I'll have to wait another 10 days and all the hard work and time I spend so far in this TB will be gone!...

My heart is about to stop until I can get the rewards, then I don't care if they keep me or kick me. The argument is irrelevant as well as whose fault it is, what matters is that guild leaders shouldn't have that power. We are revengeful creatures and we like to get back at people for silly things.

This argument started over something so silly and now I'm in the corner. After 6 phases and lot's of time in this TB I might not get rewards...

My point is that if a guild kicks a player after the TB has started the player should still get rewards equal to the rest of the guild members. This cannot be abused by players to gain more rewards like raids, Therefore I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be done!
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    Welcome to real life. Don't make your boss mad until you have another job lined uo either. That's REAL power.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Welcome to real life. Don't make your boss mad until you have another job lined uo either. That's REAL power.

You are right but the difference is that we CAN do something about this and we SHOULD do something about it. You can't give guild leaders that kind if power. It's dangerous. Also don't forget that this isn't like raids, if someone raises you the middle finger and go out of his way, solos rancor during 0 damage and then quits the raid and still get the rewards. This is different however, TB cannot be abused like that, since personal performance is irrelevant and it helps everyone and not just yourself
  • Options
    Should have thought about that first before Unmasking yourself and revealing your true self. Time to put the mask back on and suck up to your bosses.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Should have thought about that first before Unmasking yourself and revealing your true self. Time to put the mask back on and suck up to your bosses.

From your attitude I'd say you have plenty of experience with that. I'm not like that my friend. Also this is why I'm writing this post, cause it shouldn't be happening
  • Options
    Then start your own guild. But remember....a leader who is leading when no one is following is just a guy going for a walk
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Then start your own guild. But remember....a leader who is leading when no one is following is just a guy going for a walk

So you'd rather get into that much trouble than simply make a tiny change to the game, giving rewards to people who got kicked before TB payouts?
  • Options
    ZyloRen wrote: »

So you'd rather get into that much trouble than simply make a tiny change to the game, giving rewards to people who got kicked before TB payouts?

I think it's simpler to presume people can act like adults. But hey, I've been known to make mistakes ...from time to time.

• Options

I think it's simpler to presume people can act like adults. But hey, I've been known to make mistakes ...from time to time.

Adults fight about stuff bro, they have issues and differences. I don't wanna have to shut up and go with the flow. Of course arguments take place between people. Also you have no idea about what happened, each case is different, I've been in many guilds and I can tell you that sometimes fights can be inevitable in a game like this. A player shouldn't have to pay this price
  • Options

You automatically assume that I'm wrong and that I must have brought this uppon myself. What if I'm absolutely right? How do you know that's not the case? I didn't even bother say why we fought cause that's irrelevant, who is right and who is wrong simply doesn't matter, what matters is that a player shouldn't have this much power over another player
  • Options

Adults fight about stuff bro, they have issues and differences. I don't wanna have to shut up and go with the flow. Of course arguments take place between people. Also you have no idea about what happened, each case is different, I've been in many guilds and I can tell you that sometimes fights can be inevitable in a game like this. A player shouldn't have to pay this price

It's a game. Chill the heck out. May the force be with you.

• Options

It's a game. Chill the heck out. May the force be with you.

yes you're right it is a game, however missing TB rewards is a huge loss. If you skip one reward that puts you around 20 days without rewards, that's massive
  • Options

Sometimes you have to go with the flow. The reward system is very communistic as it is. If you allow booted people to retain rewards, it would degrade into chaos as not only would you benefit from the group effort, you wouldn’t have to follow the rules.

That is simply not true, if you quit a guild right after you join you also hurt yourself, how can this be exploited? If you aren't doing what you are supposed to you are hurting your self included and nothing stops your guild leader from kicking you anyways.

This implementation can only help those unfortunate players who got mistreated by their guilds, not the other way around
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Did you deploy all your troops in phase 6 south instead of phase 6 middle as instructed and act like it ain't no thang?

• Options
    It's pretty hard for any us to make any assumptions with the lack of information surrounding your case. Sounds like the leader is not a very nice person then again he might be. If there is any change to the way things are I think rewards could be paid out after the end of each phase. But don't really think leaders roster edit abilities should be taken away.
  • Options
    Maybe kicking turned off during TB?
  • Options
    Pa_lin wrote: »
    It's pretty hard for any us to make any assumptions with the lack of information surrounding your case. Sounds like the leader is not a very nice person then again he might be. If there is any change to the way things are I think rewards could be paid out after the end of each phase. But don't really think leaders roster edit abilities should be taken away.

Again, you can assume I'm right or you can assume I'm wrong, that's not the point. The point is that even if it's the player's fault for getting kicked, it's a tough loss to recover when you've spent all this time and effort in TB all week.

My point is that no player should have that kind of power over another player
  • Options
    Maybe kicking turned off during TB?

No that's not right, being stuck with person who abuses rules for 6 days is horrible. Imagine if that person kept soloing rancors all week and you couldn't stop them
  • Options
    The real solution is to find a guild that you like. No offense sure but you said you’ve been in multiple guilds. Is the issue with them or you. Not trying to cut you down. Just saying, your refusal to “go with the flow”might be the issue.

I have multiple accounts, and thus more than one guilds
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options

Again, you can assume I'm right or you can assume I'm wrong, that's not the point. The point is that even if it's the player's fault for getting kicked, it's a tough loss to recover when you've spent all this time and effort in TB all week.

Why won't you tell us what happened?
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »

Why won't you tell us what happened?

Does it matter? Say I'm wrong, I've spend 6 days doing battles, following deployement rules and filling platoons, why should I not get rewarded even if I'm wrong?
  • Options
    Payouts after each phase would be a better solution.
    Guild leaders power should not be taken away.
  • Options
    Payouts after each phase would be a better solution.
    Guild leaders power should not be taken away.

I'd be ok with that althought considering that rewards scale more the higher your stars get, missing the last phase is also problematic. Also what happens if you are kicked right after the first day of TB? it's still not your fault and not you can't just hop onto a new guild and get rewards
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to correct sub forum.

This is the same issue with anything guild related. you could solo the Pit, or be the major contributor to the completion of the HAAT, and get kicked before rewards are given out and get nothing. Not sure TB should be any different. yes its longer and therefore the rewards are better but that doesn't change the fact that its the same mechanic for all guild related things.
  • Options
    I think you are looking for sympathy for where there is none Zylo. You have already said you could care less what happens after the TB is done with. Whether who is right or wrong is a mute point since you are in someone else's playground. Their rules good, bad, indifferent, fair, or unfair. If you get booted before TB ends then yeah I would be upset too. But its not the end of the world.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    moved to correct sub forum.

This is the same issue with anything guild related. you could solo the Pit, or be the major contributor to the completion of the HAAT, and get kicked before rewards are given out and get nothing. Not sure TB should be any different. yes its longer and therefore the rewards are better but that doesn't change the fact that its the same mechanic for all guild related things.

Of course it makes a difference cause you can raid every 2-3 days but you can do TB once a week and the rewards are much greater and rare like you said. Also raids are different cause the mechanics of rewards are different. Raids reward everyone differently, TB is collective. A player can hurt everyone in the guild by misbehaving in raids, but can't hurt others by misbehaving in TB. They might lower the overall progress but can't ''steal" away the rewards.

Also you must understand that this only to protect the players by not giving too much authority to guild leaders. We are all players and just because you are head of a guild that shouldn't give you the power to hurt others like this.
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    I think you are looking for sympathy for where there is none Zylo. You have already said you could care less what happens after the TB is done with. Whether who is right or wrong is a mute point since you are in someone else's playground. Their rules good, bad, indifferent, fair, or unfair. If you get booted before TB ends then yeah I would be upset too. But its not the end of the world.

You say it's not the end of the world however in theory alot can happen from missing the rewards of just one TB.
    Have you seen the prices on Hyoda shards? What if Hyoda and ROLO are required for a legendary toon similar to CLS and you miss the chance to unlock them by a couple of shards? That's gonna put you at a disadvantage for MONTHS against shard mates and guild mates.

Also this comes down to how seriously you take the game and your personal opinion and personal views don't apply to all players. Some people view this game as a hobby and spend a considerable amount of money to it, it is therefore proper to take it seriously and respect those who treat it as more than just a game!
  • Options
    Boofpoof wrote: »

Also you are correct that who is right or wrong is a mute point considering that being wrong doesn't mean you should be punished that harshly and not get rewards. I'll disagree on the part that since you are in someone else's playground you should just accept that and suck it up. This is exactly the point I'm trying to make we are indeed in someone else's playground but not out of choice! We don't choose to be part of a guild, we have to be part of a guild and therefore people need to be protected when they join other people's ''playgrounds''. You can always counter with the argument that if you don't like how others run things then you can move on and make your own guild and do whatever you want with it. However that's an **** argument, you don't fix a problem by doing nothing about it.
  • Options
    LOL. You don't want to run your own guild, cuz that's ? _ _ _ _ ? Silly? Bad? But you want to control how someone else runs their guild?

Apparently you missed the part about it's not YOUR guild. Rules are unique in every guild, if you DONT like the setup, then find a more appropriately fitting guild. And there is nothing unfair about a guild leader have the abilibity to remove PROBLEM players.

As you pointed out, it's a group effort, fine, we know that. HOWEVER, if you think that you will get rewards regardless of whether you are in that guild or not, you sir are a little off into left field. If you wish to acquire GUILD BASED rewards, then the ONUS is on you to find a guild that you are happy to be in, and play from there.
  • Options
    I'm surprised no one else commented on this up until this point:

What do you mean letting players get rewards from a TB they participated in wouldn't be exploitable?

It would be far more exploitable than raiding ever was. If you got rewards for a TB you participated in whether or not you are in the guild, you could be in 2 or 3 guilds every day, do a little bit in each one, and after phase 6 you could collect TB rewards from 12-18 guilds... letting you gather g12 gear up to 12-18 times faster than anyone else.

And since everyone gets the same rewards we are talking the potential of some major changes like: Oh I just took 3 characters from barely g12 to all 12.5 out of one territory battle time frame's rewards.

Your point of view on this seems decidedly backwards in almost every respect. I say this not to be offensive, but to try and get you to see how whatever perspective you are viewing it from is skewing your input. It's like you are standing in the spot that perpetuates an optical illusion or something.

No, the solution to your problem is to join another guild right away if you get kicked so you can still get tb rewards from them even though you didn't participate. This is because, as you said, TB rewards are not linked to participation.

To rephrase once more: TB rewards are not linked to individual participation, so giving rewards out to people after they have been kicked because they participated individually goes against the idea of TB and opens the door to far more exploitation than previous guild reward systems have ever allowed.