GW Continues to be beyond frustrating... =/

fartingkoala
11 posts Member
edited November 2017
So I'm playing on a new account. I quit the game about year ago (due to Galactic War), but recently came back. My account is level 48, and I am essentially maxed on my teams for my level. However, since the last update, I can hardly get past node 9 anymore (even with about an hour of attempts)! I'm using a pretty decent team for my level too, so Idk what else I can do. I've even dropped about $250 on this account so far, so I should be well above the average player at my level. I understand that you want GW to be challenging, but it's too hard. I noticed a lot of high level players saying that it's a lot easier now, but if I have to wait until I'm level 85 with multiple G11 or G12 teams to have a hope of beating GW again, I'll most likely end up quitting the game out of frustration.

I'm not even asking to make it very simple. Heck, I get it if I can't beat GW every day-that's how it was designed, but I can't even get within reach of beating it, which is why I'm complaining. I would love some feedback on this. I know I'm not overreacting, because this is absolutely ridiculous. I'm even P2W and can't win. What more do you want Capital Games??...

Replies

• Options
    I don't believe you
  • Options
    What part? And why?
  • Options
    If everyone has a complain, what is cg supposed to do?
    Anyway, i am level 81, and saw a hike in difficulty too today. Would recommend using characters like thrawn(fracture), pre taunters and buff immunity/ability blockers/dazers in earlier nodes to give them full tm. Then use them as per your convenience.
    See, i am far from maxed out for my level ( 3 gear 10 characters are my highest) and ftp. Still i've been beating gw for the last 54 days.. due to the well rounded squad i have. Thats what you need for gw..
  • Options
    $250 ... L48. The whole part. It sounds like trolling.

If you are not trolling, try starting a new game. You are a year behind your peers and will never catch up.
  • Options
    I'm not trolling. Bought a $100 pack of crystals, and a number of bundles to get characters... Ironically to beat GW lol. i don't care about being number 1 in the world. I just play for my own personal enjoyment and like playing with my friends. But I find it incredibly unenjoyable when a game is impossible.

@Kiri. I appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately, I'm a ways off from reaching that point. My main complaint is that my characters are maxed for my level (minus star value), and I can't even get close to beating GW. I run a mix of Barriss, Consular, Kylo Ren, IG88, QGJ, GS. I don't have the luxury of multiple well geared up teams, because of the short time I've been playing. It just doesn't feel balanced whatsoever.
  • Options
    I'm not trolling. Bought a $100 pack of crystals, and a number of bundles to get characters... Ironically to beat GW lol. i don't care about being number 1 in the world. I just play for my own personal enjoyment and like playing with my friends. But I find it incredibly unenjoyable when a game is impossible.

@Kiri. I appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately, I'm a ways off from reaching that point. My main complaint is that my characters are maxed for my level (minus star value), and I can't even get close to beating GW. I run a mix of Barriss, Consular, Kylo Ren, IG88, QGJ, GS. I don't have the luxury of multiple well geared up teams, because of the short time I've been playing. It just doesn't feel balanced whatsoever.

Can you put up your swgoh account?? Wanna see if you have thrawn, phoenix, wiggs, chaze.. these people make it insanely easy
  • Options
    Btw, sorry if i was a bit harsh before :P
  • Options
    I could... Again. I'm level 48. I simply just don't have access to those characters... Unless I spent thousands of dollars =/ Thanks though
  • Options
    Btw, sorry if i was a bit harsh before :P

Nah. Don't worry. You weren't harsh. I saw it as you wanting to be helpful, and I appreciate it. There's just not a lot I can do about it atm
  • Options
    Just cuz I see it hasn't been mentioned yet, if you are level 48, you can't access mods yet, once you are clear level 50, mods unlock, I suggest you read up on mods, clear level 50, farm a mess of health mods from the challenge, pref tier three , and get your squads properly built. No mods, no worky .
  • Options
    Thank you Ghost. I've been eagerly awaiting those for sure. Even though I'll only be able to get health mods for awhile, hopefully it will give me the edge I need. If I still have trouble I may be back... Maybe I'm just particularly frustrated because it's double drops right now, and I just feel incredibly cheated lol.
  • Options
    If you are able too, hit level 50 before they end and toss some double drop magic on mods, and seriously, to start off with, health mods are perfectly fine. And you want tier three on the challenge, so that you get the higher rarity mods dropping. And with mod,drop rate at 100% again, you always get something. , sell grey mods, unless they are a five dot speed primary arrow, get decent credits for selling them.
  • Options
    Thank you. I'll certainly try to get there. I'm doing 6 refreshes on Cantina and regular energy during double drops, so fingers crossed. Appreciate the advice!
  • Options
    6 REFRESHES?! Whaaaaat? Where do you place in arena lol
  • Options
    Well. Normally it costs 100 for cantina/50 for regular, but with double drops, I can justify spending 200 crystals per cantina and 100 for regular lol. Normally I just stop at 3. I'm placing around 75 every day right now with just 5 arena battles. Told you... I'm (foolishly) spending too much on this game lol xD
  • Options
    Cool! I'm thinking i'll do it too lol.
    Btw, dont underestimate normal health mods when you get them :3 aaaand get phoenix!!!
    Good luck and see ya!
  • CombatCommander7
    466 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Well. Normally it costs 100 for cantina/50 for regular, but with double drops, I can justify spending 200 crystals per cantina and 100 for regular lol. Normally I just stop at 3. I'm placing around 75 every day right now with just 5 arena battles. Told you... I'm (foolishly) spending too much on this game lol xD

If you haven't played for over a year and are only Level 48, how do you reach Arena Rank 75? Seems quite odd, huh?

Other than that, yes focus on Phoenix.
  • Options

If you haven't played for over a year and are only Level 48, how do you reach Arena Rank 75? Seems quite odd, huh?

Other than that, yes focus on Phoenix.

Guess you didn't read the first sentence where the OP stated he is playing on a new account . . .
  • Options
    Oh yeah, you're right. I misread it, thought he came back to his old account. Sorry a lot.