Will this team gain me R2-D2? (Need opinions)

Zader: Power-16215, Gear 9 (7*)
EP: Power-13558, Gear 8 (7*)
Tarkin: Power-12808, Gear 8 (7*)
TFP: Power-12315, Gear 8 (7*)
MT: Power-10173, Gear 8 (6* 30/100) MT power will be increased once 7*

Will this gain me R2? Been told different opinions but mainly yes. thought I'd write in forums see what people say.

Replies

• Options
    Those are all pretty heavy hitters, but you have no tanks. Zader might be able to pseudo tank, but you'll probably need really good RNG to avoid someone getting one-shotted. I'd say give it a run, be prepared to replay a few (ok, many) times, and pray to RNGsus. If you can, try to get Storm up, and swap him for Magma... I found that Magma hits like a wet noodle at anything below G9.
  • Options
    RunSilent wrote: »
    Those are all pretty heavy hitters, but you have no tanks. Zader might be able to pseudo tank, but you'll probably need really good RNG to avoid someone getting one-shotted. I'd say give it a run, be prepared to replay a few (ok, many) times, and pray to RNGsus. If you can, try to get Storm up, and swap him for Magma... I found that Magma hits like a wet noodle at anything below G9.

I better start praying to RNGsus then lol. Yeah I've heard Stormtrooper is key for the event due to him being a tank, he's at 5* on my roster. Ive seen YouTubers beat the event with Magma though.
  • Options
    Plus, Tier 7 Rebels are immune to TM manipulation, iirc.
  • TGDXHyp3z
    74 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    MidasWelby wrote: »
    Plus, Tier 7 Rebels are immune to TM manipulation, iirc.

Oh right. Better start cantina farming StormTrooper then.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Possible! But difficult without good mods but I realized your Vader has zeta I think you don't even need stormtrooper. Use Zader as lead, stack dot and they will melt down by constant dot since they get so many turns some consider it to be unnatural. Use my knowledge, I beg you.
  • Options
    you don't need to farm any other toon, you can gear ep and tarkin up if needed, it won't be a waste of resources since tarkin has a great capital ship and ep is useful in pve and both are not hard to gear.
    and keep trying until you get the perfect rng, also you may try ep lead (I did it with zader back then, but a few players said ep lead worked better for them) .
  • Options
    That's about the Team I did it with. Wasn't easy but it did happen.
    Put Palps in the Lead. Pray they Stun MT, Try and try again!
  • Options
    That's about the Team I did it with. Wasn't easy but it did happen.
    Put Palps in the Lead. Pray they Stun MT, Try and try again!

Fully agreed - you don't need anyone else, the R2 event anywhere near as difficult as the other legendary events with a Zader
  • Options
    I got 7 stars with a level 35 Snowtrooper in my team. It's a pretty easy event. You should be fine.
  • Options
    I did it with a g6 storm and tarkin but i kinda cheated because i had thrawn to fracture R2 and then it was over lol.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    RG saved the day for me. Had him at G10. He absorbed a lot of hits with his auto-taunt and stunned R2 :smile:
    FTP was G9, Palp G7, Vader G7 and GMT G6.

RG and TFP did all the work.
  • Options
    ReneGade wrote: »
    RG saved the day for me. Had him at G10. He absorbed a lot of hits with his auto-taunt and stunned R2 :smile:
    FTP was G9, Palp G7, Vader G7 and GMT G6.

RG and TFP did all the work.
    Very unusual lineup with most at g 6 7
    this is hopeful for me!
    Thanks for sharing! btw, no zetas right?
  • Options
    I did the event with G10 Palp lead, G10 Vader, G8 Royal Guard, G8 GMT and G8 MT. Took me several tries before I beat it and it just barely got R2 down. MT is fairly useless on T7. He can't remove turn meter and his damage is pretty low. I had to wait for the perfect rng before I could get past with my team.