Character gear levels for Rey's journey

Prev1
Do you think gear 8 will cut it for this event? Or should we be trying to max these characters abilities "minus zeta's" and gear ten or higher?

Replies

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Best thing you can do, stay at g8, but farm the resources needed for the gear. Hold onto the gear, the Omegas, (Zetas?), and credits; it’s not even for a long time, just a week.

Try at g8, if you fail, add what you think you might minimally need, rinse and repeat.

At the end of the day, if you didn’t need the extra gear, well you can use it elsewhere, the extra Omegas can now go elsewhere and yata yata.
  • AtlasMKx
    260 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Usually good mods and a g9 or 10 to help carry the team of 8s can do these. Have gear ready but try it first and see how you do.
  • Options
    More than likely you won't need to gear Veteran Han very high as he will likely be impaled during the event. Another sacrifice just like OB during the CLS event.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    SandurzGoH wrote: »
    More than likely you won't need to gear Veteran Han very high as he will likely be impaled during the event. Another sacrifice just like OB during the CLS event.

If it’s like CLS, he’ll have to survive long enough for that final scene
  • Options
    Probably all zetad gear 12 lol
  • Options
    It's Rey's event, so you're safe in assuming she will need to be pretty beefy. I also assumed most people would be using their energy just to get the Smugglers, and therefore they wouldn't be super high gear level. Consequently I've tried to make the tiers they're used in a little less gear-intensive. As always, your mileage may vary.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    It's Rey's event, so you're safe in assuming she will need to be pretty beefy. I also assumed most people would be using their energy just to get the Smugglers, and therefore they wouldn't be super high gear level. Consequently I've tried to make the tiers they're used in a little less gear-intensive. As always, your mileage may vary.

Thank you very much!
  • Options
    I have Rey (S) Gear 11, the vets at G8, but omega'd their Health Steal Unique (Partner in Crime). BB-8 Gear 10, and zFinn is Gear 11. Also, all done up with 5*, L15 mods.....

I'm pretty sure that will be enough, but I have a couple zetas banked I hope I do not have to give to get through. I remember waaay over doing it on Luke's Journey and over geared for sure. It was really great seeing some feedback from @CG_CapGaSP ... much appreciate it!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    @CG_CapGaSP just gotta throw this out there- thank you for always giving prompt responses and answers. Truly a classy characteristic.
  • Options
    DarthA wrote: »
    Do you think gear 8 will cut it for this event? Or should we be trying to max these characters abilities "minus zeta's" and gear ten or higher?

Since its required for them to be gear 11 to even participate, no gear 8 won't do it
  • Options
    Required gear 11? Where do you get this
  • Options
    Required gear 11? Where do you get this

I call shenanigans.... :wink:
  • Options

Great info. Thanks.
  • Options
    I won’t even get her but love to casgasp for being the our finest source of communication as always
  • Skittlesnacks1
    209 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Why does this thread still exist when mine asking if F2P can get her was smashed into the rey character requirements thread? Shouldn't this of all threads be in the character requirements thread?
  • Options
    Why does this thread still exist when mine asking if F2P can get her was smashed into the rey character requirements thread? Shouldn't this of all threads be in the character requirements thread?

Content
  • Options
    The real question is why do we still want Rey?
  • Skittlesnacks1
    209 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    J_Starseed wrote: »

Good question. If her leaked kit is the real deal I don't see anything about her that would fit into or change the current meta. All we needed was another tank that can't taunt...I thought they realized the error of this when they fixed Old Ben.
  • Options

Good question. If her leaked kit is the real deal I don't see anything about her that would fit into or change the current meta.

It wasnt leaked It was officially released.
  • Options

You need G12 with full zetas.
  • Options
    I suspect if most of your required toons must be:

Gear 8/9... maybe ok, but be prepared for plenty of attempts.

Gear up 9/10.. on track

Gear 11/12 no problems

Store all gear, omegas and zetas as it’s already been suggested in case you need to boost your team.

You could also strip your arena mods of your arena team and put them on, it’s a pain but highly effective.
  • Options

Good question. If her leaked kit is the real deal I don't see anything about her that would fit into or change the current meta. All we needed was another tank that can't taunt...I thought they realized the error of this when they fixed Old Ben.

True to some degree, but who knows what we get for new Resistance toon(s) that could (along with new Rey) blow the scene and then youll see.

~D
  • Options

This has got to be my favorite dev post in a VERY long time. Thank you @CG_CapGaSP for the extremely insightful post. I won't get Rey this time around but it is very nice to know how it is designed in a basic sense. And thank you for taking into account the fact that the Vets were going to be a challenge for people to even unlock, much less gear.

• Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for the dev post. Little things like this make a big difference in the community.
  • Options
    It's like he's talking to us like we are real people. So refreshing
  • TVF
    36831 posts Member
    Options
    Invalid_ wrote: »

Congratulations.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Matt_B wrote: »
    It's like he's talking to us like we are real people. So refreshing

I don’t post much, but I had to post just to agree with you. There would probably be less frustration on the forums if communication was handled this way more often.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Invalid_ wrote: »

Congratulations.

Thanks!
  • forrestfire5050
    35 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Insanely refreshing to get a response like that
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/CG_CapGaSP

I have been torn for a while now trying to consider whether or not to spend money to get the new Rey. My dilemma was concerning the difficulty of the event, mostly regarding gear levels. This was because I am mostly a f2p player who has spent around $100 total in over a year now. I was worried that by using all of my resources just to get the vets ready, that my gear levels would suffer, resulting in me not finishing the event even after acquiring the vets. You’ve helped ease my mind and I’ll 100% go all in now. You just gained a huge fan! Thank you