Resistance healer in the future?

I have seen real potential for the resistance class but sadly they suffer from one vital flaw - lack of a healer. Most classes have at least one character designated for such a task some directly some indirectly (nihilius, shoretrooper, wedge to name a few) but much like first order this class of characters seem to only specialize in dealing fast and heavy damage. Will we be expecting any healers for this group any time in the future?

Replies

• Options
    Probably Rose. Assuming they make her a playable character.
  • Options
    Bb8 restores health and protection with illuminated destiny.
  • Options
    Bb8 restores health and protection with illuminated destiny.

Just protection, actually.
  • Options
    Exactly, just protection which leaves the new Rey combos very susceptible to talzins plague. They need a healer.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    meh, don't need a healer.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Somebody wants to hold off Nightsisters and have a dominant / OP team all to their own :)
  • Options
    Why would you need a healer when you can have the immortal General Leia "Mary Poppins" Organa?
  • Options
    Haha general poppins, unique: when defeated, flies back into battle at 100% health but is stunned in a coma for 2 turns (cannot be dispelled)
  • Options
    Exactly, just protection which leaves the new Rey combos very susceptible to talzins plague. They need a healer.

If you have a zeta Finn Talzen shouldn’t ever get a turn
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    rose will be the healer, her heal will be called "im saving you, dummy"
  • Options
    I've been running a resistance squad for a while (Zinn, Poe, RT, zBB8 and zzR2) and I have never felt that I need a healer...as long as they have speed and the exposes hit and R2/Finn get some of their stuns in...then the other squad does not get a turn.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is a resistance Healer coming to the game. It will probably be 3 months until they are free to farm though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    LegoLegs_ wrote: »
    I've been running a resistance squad for a while (Zinn, Poe, RT, zBB8 and zzR2) and I have never felt that I need a healer...as long as they have speed and the exposes hit and R2/Finn get some of their stuns in...then the other squad does not get a turn.

zHan says hi.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

zHan says hi.
    Only when you're defending, and defending is already bad enough for Resistance that Han's no big deal. Moreover, other than Barriss Offee back when zetas first came out and people were relearning the ropes, have you ever looked at a team while you were attacking and said, "Well, they've got Luminara, so maybe I'll go find someone else..." Nah, man, healers are bully fodder on defense.

On offense you can deal with a random character getting stunned, even if it's Poe, by landing even one expose. Daze is the only thing you really need to fear, and Han can't do that yet.

Resistance doesn't need a healer and it doesn't really fit thematically. The Resistance is small and can't really afford to take hits, so their style of warfare is based on quick assaults. That translates in game as being reliant on exploiting Exposes, then falling apart and folding if something goes wrong.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

If you have a zeta Finn Talzen shouldn’t ever get a turn

It’s not that easy. Talzin is much faster than any resistance character that exposes. She is going to get her plague off unless severely outmodded. Daka and Ventress are going to go before them as well. And you’ve got a zombie taunt to get around. You’ve got to mess with stun and expose RNG. It can absolutely go south in a hurry for a Finn lead resistance squad.
  • Options

zHan says hi.

zHan is not an issue...and besides, zHan makes bad decisions when controlled by the AI :wink::smiley::smile:
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

zHan says hi.
    Only when you're defending, and defending is already bad enough for Resistance that Han's no big deal. Moreover, other than Barriss Offee back when zetas first came out and people were relearning the ropes, have you ever looked at a team while you were attacking and said, "Well, they've got Luminara, so maybe I'll go find someone else..." Nah, man, healers are bully fodder on defense.

On offense you can deal with a random character getting stunned, even if it's Poe, by landing even one expose. Daze is the only thing you really need to fear, and Han can't do that yet.

Resistance doesn't need a healer and it doesn't really fit thematically. The Resistance is small and can't really afford to take hits, so their style of warfare is based on quick assaults. That translates in game as being reliant on exploiting Exposes, then falling apart and folding if something goes wrong.

This is true. On defense resistance is not always that great...especially if the attacker knows to stun Poe before he taunts. Resistance relies on speed, if you can get your hands on good speed mods (with insane secondaries) then you will have a lot of fun. They can auto GW, massive damage in HAAT and viable in arena...and they are fun.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

zHan says hi.

zHan is not an issue...and besides, zHan makes bad decisions when controlled by the AI :wink::smiley::smile:

He's an issue when you're on defense. That's all I'm saying. zFinn teams are super easy to beat and I always attack them whenever I see them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    There are a lot of potential resistance healers that are still not in the game: Old Leia, Rose, Amilyn Holdo, Resistance Ackbar (in case you didn't notice, he's perfectly alive and well in TFA and TLJ), 3PO and even Maz Kanata (she would surely be a scoundrel, but I think she would get the Resistance tag too), which is also force sensitive.
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    There are a lot of potential resistance healers that are still not in the game: Old Leia, Rose, Amilyn Holdo, Resistance Ackbar (in case you didn't notice, he's perfectly alive and well in TFA and TLJ), 3PO and even Maz Kanata (she would surely be a scoundrel, but I think she would get the Resistance tag too), which is also force sensitive.

Old Leia would be something,haha... 3PO has been shining in his absence as well (not sure if there is a reason, but I always thought it strange that he has not been added to the game yet)
  • Options
    They are already lopsided Op, stop asking for more game genie stuff.
  • Options

Succeptible to Talzin. Welcome to the new Rock Paper Scissors that Arena should be