MT Event

There was a thread on here I had seen stating at the current rate, it will take F2P members over 4 years to get Mother Talzin to 7 stars based upon the event occurrence and shards dropped. I was trying to follow-up with the thread to see if it's going to happen more often, but now I can't find it.

I'm not understanding why the Nightsister events are only 24 hours. Zombie, sure. Because they did 2 last month. But Mother Talzin? Her last event was 75 days ago (according to the other thread that was posted). Will this become like a Yoda or a Palpatine event or are we going to have to endure this over 4 years if we don't plan on paying for her?
#ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround

Replies

• Options
    It's going to be every month just like wicket so like so 22 more months for me but I bought two packs to test my luck so total f2p should have her 7* in 24 months
  • Options
    its 33 months if you dont have her. but if you got her right away its about 2 years
    and her event is once a month so days inbetween doesnt matter
  • Options
    Its all ok guys soon enuf she will enter rotation of a store or a hard node,most likely the hard node. All chars make their way into a node or store at sum point. She was only released in October so barely over two months since her release. Have patience. Most chars enter sum sorta rotation 3-4 months after release. Not all but most. She is in the chrome pks an they need to let her run her course their first. I like u am mostly f2p as well n really want to level her but after two yrs playin I understand how this wrks an have learnt to just have patience my time will come. Let the whales have their fun.
  • Options
    Don't count on getting Talzin from a cantina or hard node any time soon. The devs have explicitly stated that the "Defense of Dathomir event is planned to be her only farmable location".
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Don't count on getting Talzin from a cantina or hard node any time soon. The devs have explicitly stated that the "Defense of Dathomir event is planned to be her only farmable location".

This ^^^
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Options
    The reason for the gap between the last occurrence of the event and this one is the release cadence. All characters wait a few months in between being released and becoming farmable, even when they do something like this with how their farming will work. Bringing it back after only about two months is actually quicker than normal, in fact - Wicket's event took longer to come back the first time.

That said, yeah, still ridiculous to have this be the only way to get Talzin and Wicket. Even if you can afford the refresh each month (assuming the two last month was a holiday thing and not going to be the norm), that's only 20 shards per month, which means a full year and four months to farm for those who were present for their release event (and thus are starting from 3* and 15 shards), and three more months for those starting from scratch. Double that for anyone not refreshing the event. Literally the only way to 7* either of them in a reasonable amount of time is buying shards from shipments, where they're at the premium price of 80 crystals per shard, or buying various packs (whether Chromium or character-specific). That does suck for anyone who cares about either of them.
  • Options

This ^^^

And if this changes I’m gonna want my money back.
  • Options

This ^^^

Gotta agree with you there lol. We will see as time progresses
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options

This ^^^

On the basis that had you waited one more year you could have started farming her for free?

How do you manage in your life when something you paid in full goes for sale?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Each time the event comes back refresh it and you'll collect 20 shards each time. You'll 7 star her in about 12 months (defense of dathomir should come back once a month) if you did the marque event that got her to 3 stars already. I regret is that i didn't buy her 25 shard pack for $9.99 USD nor refreshed the event the first time. That's going to set me back to 12 months instead of 11.

Takes you guys like 6 months 7 star GK and some of you still don't even have 7* Baze and he was introduced a year ago? The hill just looks hard to climb but it's not.

If you are so sore about Talzin... Hoda and Wampa, and even KRU? Good luck with that.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Options
    Worry not, it will not take much more than 6 months until you lose interest in her and she joins Aayla or B2 in the gallery of former glories no one really cares about anymore. By that time we'll have a new Dooku or Droid (or more likely a Rebel) which will turn top-notch Nightsisters in mince meat on his own in a blink.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    22 or 33 months?! You know, just because you put it in months instead of years doesn't make it hurt any less hahaha. But I guess it makes sense in their eyes. Gives players something to strive for.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Options
    they're also running out of spots to put characters. And given that 20 energy hard nodes take about a year to farm to 7 stars, super strong players like MT taking 2 years seems logical. People have the option to save 7 days worth of crystals and refresh the event and cut the farm in half. To put this in perspective, I've been playing for 2 years and still don't have Aayla Secura unlocked... this game is about choices.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    they're also running out of spots to put characters. And given that 20 energy hard nodes take about a year to farm to 7 stars, super strong players like MT taking 2 years seems logical. People have the option to save 7 days worth of crystals and refresh the event and cut the farm in half. To put this in perspective, I've been playing for 2 years and still don't have Aayla Secura unlocked... this game is about choices.

Starting from zero a single hard node takes about 7 months. 2 years is quite a lot longer than that, despite the fact that when they originally released these types of events they said it would be about as long as a hard node farm.
  • Options
    Defense of Dathomir didn't start until now because of the Release Cadence. 2 years to unlock is pure speculation based on lack of information. What I said originally is approximately as long as a single hard node farm. We're monitoring right now to see what the inflow looks like and we'll adjust the frequency if it becomes necessary. The thing to take into consideration is that I prefer to start from a position of caution, and see how things shake out before making changes. We're going to run it a few times the way we have been (same with Wicket) and then see what the data tells us. I've also got longer-term plans for things like this that will take awhile to come to fruition and in some cases relies on tech or content we're planning to build later.

So the shorter reply is, relax. Defense of Dathomir is a pretty easy event that requires very minimal character investment, costs zero energy, provides an A tier character at a guaranteed rate per win, and has a relatively under-priced refresh per-shard compared to shipments. I would think people would have liked all that.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Defense of Dathomir didn't start until now because of the Release Cadence. 2 years to unlock is pure speculation based on lack of information. What I said originally is approximately as long as a single hard node farm. We're monitoring right now to see what the inflow looks like and we'll adjust the frequency if it becomes necessary. The thing to take into consideration is that I prefer to start from a position of caution, and see how things shake out before making changes. We're going to run it a few times the way we have been (same with Wicket) and then see what the data tells us. I've also got longer-term plans for things like this that will take awhile to come to fruition and in some cases relies on tech or content we're planning to build later.

So the shorter reply is, relax. Defense of Dathomir is a pretty easy event that requires very minimal character investment, costs zero energy, provides an A tier character at a guaranteed rate per win, and has a relatively under-priced refresh per-shard compared to shipments. I would think people would have liked all that.

@CG_CapGaSP I think that most all of us do like it. I know that quite a few players do, there will always be FO,s that are unhappy no matter what. But in the end, it's a fun event, " possibly" ( ;) ) a little long for stars, but overall it's fun and a unique way to acquire a new char.
  • Options
    @CG_CapGaSP

I'm relatively confident that most players do, in fact, appreciate the actual requirement criteria associated with Talzin's event. However, like many areas in the game, it's fairly obvious there is frustration with the 'lack of information' regarding (in this case) the schedule for her recurring events. Success in this game relies heavily on resource management and planning ahead. For most other farming modes, there is far less ambiguity associated with the farming schedule. Standard farming may take a long time, but at least we have a decent idea how long it will take, and there are ways to speed up that process if we so choose.

Personally (and I only speak for myself here), I'd rather not have to simply wait to collect shards with no real effort involved and no way to really speed up the process (with the exception of the single refresh available per event). That just isn't fun to me.

Even though it may be less consistent and take more effort, hunting for my meals in the wild is far more satisfying than getting a food pellet dropped into my cage once a day. Let me hunt.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

I have no issue with the event itself. But, TBH, I don't understand what data you need to determine how long it would take people to complete the character at this rate. The only relevant data would be the number of people who are getting the character faster by buying it from packs or refreshing, which doesn't help those of us who feel that both packs and premium shipments (to which you are comparing the cost) are in most cases terrible deals. I understand that you may choose to increase the frequency or provide other methods of obtaining the character in the future or whatever, and that's fine if it happens. But if the data somehow tells you that isn't necessary because X number of people got her faster than I did by spending crystals, that's not going to change how much it irritates me.
  • Options

Music to my ears that. Thank you, really enjoyed the event which is as you say pretty easy, AND it beats the heck out of going 0/5 3 days on the trot on a 20 energy node...

It’s nice to change it up.
  • Options
    If wicket went at the pace of 'a single hard node farm' I'd have him 7* already.
  • Options
    A single hard node should yield something around 11 shards per week (5 attempts per day, 1/3 drop rate). To match that, the MT/Wicket events should be run once a week, not once a month.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

Starting from zero a single hard node takes about 7 months. 2 years is quite a lot longer than that, despite the fact that when they originally released these types of events they said it would be about as long as a hard node farm.

You’re right on length of time as I was still thinking in terms of 3 attempts per day. Glad they changed that to 5. Still, if they change the mechanics to allow players to 7 Star her in 12-15 months, I’d contend that’s fair given the strength of the character. Especially considering she’s arena viable at 4*.

• Options
    ...if they change the mechanics to allow players to 7 Star her in 12-15 months, I’d contend that’s fair given the strength of the character. Especially considering she’s arena viable at 4*.

Outside of those that have been boosted by reworks, how many top-tier characters that were in use 12-15 months ago are still viable? Sorry, but I'd contend that's just too long of a farm.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

You’re right on length of time as I was still thinking in terms of 3 attempts per day. Glad they changed that to 5. Still, if they change the mechanics to allow players to 7 Star her in 12-15 months, I’d contend that’s fair given the strength of the character. Especially considering she’s arena viable at 4*.

a few toons are viable at 4 stars, like chaze
    i think nihlius was also good at 4 star, not too sure.... and more but im not 100% sure on all that were good like that
    but more importantly chaze, and nihilus are still far faster to farm then talzin
  • Options
    It's just a money grab
  • Options
    I’m not wasting crystals on refreshing the event until I know that I’ll be able to 7 star her within the next few months. Otherwise by the time i get her maxed the meta will have shifted.
  • Options
    I know you guys said you'll make adjustments as needed, but at the current rate, by the time someone who's F2P get Talzin to 7 stars, she'll have lost her viability.
  • Options
    They still have't fixed Talzin's 5% Tm gain in her Leadership when the enemy resists - It's a pretty big bug considering CLs (kinda sorta) has the same thing for a Zeta.

Likey end result is gonna be they just take it out of the description and say "fixed"
    #JustforResTrooper #nerfnute #nerfrey
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Arcaver wrote: »
    I know you guys said you'll make adjustments as needed, but at the current rate, by the time someone who's F2P get Talzin to 7 stars, she'll have lost her viability.

This is my issue with the suggestion that they are "collecting data" - which obviously means "how much people are spending" - as they have already acknowledged that it requires no energy, and is a fairly easy event (so none of that "data" matters).

The only thing wrong with the CapGasp's quote is he should have stated "I would think p2p people would have liked all that." - in which case, he would have been 100% accurate. F2P are left out in the cold in this model, but P2P would have liked all that.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Arcaver wrote: »

This is my issue with the suggestion that they are "collecting data" - which obviously means "how much people are spending" - as they have already acknowledged that it requires no energy, and is a fairly easy event (so none of that "data" matters).

The only thing wrong with the CapGasp's quote is he should have stated "I would think p2p people would have liked all that." - in which case, he would have been 100% accurate. F2P are left out in the cold in this model, but P2P would have liked all that.

You have to admit that he is right about the pricing being better. And it would cost you half a piece of gear in shop a month to refresh, that's easy enough for f2p to come by.