Revan Is Now Canon!

Prev13
Thanks to the latest Star Wars installment, The Last Jedi, Luke has made Darth Revan and all of The Old Republic Games!

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-last-jedi-darth-revan-easter-egg/

Get to crackin on Darth Malak and Bastilla!
#ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Seems like a stretch
  • Options
    I want the wookie! What was his name? Hanhar or something?

I remember glitching one of his speech prompts and maxing out his strength and intelligence.. ahh good old days lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Star Wars, yes, but SWGOH no.

Moved to off topic
  • Options
    So that visual dictionary and the Sith crystal/jedi crusader pendant was leaked weeks before the movie and this is the first I've heard anyone try and say it is 100% Revan. I'm hopeful, but probably more of an Easter egg and less of an official canon origin . We shall see!
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    c9y1re9zva401.jpg
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Moved to off topic

Uh, how is it not canon to SWGoH? If it's canon is Star Wars wouldn't it be canon in a Star Wars game? Are you guys going off a different universe than the movies and games?
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Options
    Arcaver wrote: »

Moved to off topic

Uh, how is it not canon to SWGoH? If it's canon is Star Wars wouldn't it be canon in a Star Wars game? Are you guys going off a different universe than the movies and games?

I believe that Kyno's position is that regardless of whether or not Revan is canon in the Star Wars universe, he is not a character currently in the SWGOH game. And since this is a forum for SWGOH specifically, not a forum for general Star Wars discussion, the thread should be moved to the Off Topic sub-forum.
  • Options

Moved to off topic

@Kyno If it's canon in star wars how would it not be for swgoh?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Moved to off topic

Kyno If it's canon in star wars how would it not be for swgoh?

The fact that he is cannon has nothing to do with swgoh. they could introduce revan, but that fact that he is cannon has nothing to do with the game. (for now)
  • Options

Moved to off topic

Kyno If it's canon in star wars how would it not be for swgoh?

The fact that he is cannon has nothing to do with swgoh. they could introduce revan, but that fact that he is cannon has nothing to do with the game. (for now)

Make more sense when explained. Thanks
  • Options
    Thanks to the latest Star Wars installment, The Last Jedi, Luke has made Darth Revan and all of The Old Republic Games!

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-last-jedi-darth-revan-easter-egg/

Get to crackin on Darth Malak and Bastilla!

This is an Easter egg, or fan service if you will, it in NO way canonizes Revan in the Disney lore.
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Disney doesn't like the "old" characters, can't you tell?

I'd guess EA would like to dust him off the Legends shelf , but can't get the ok from HQ
    Post edited by FierceRevan on
  • Options
    Even if he's canon he shouldn't be in the game
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Even if he's canon he shouldn't be in the game

I feel the opposite, Sith & Jedi both need help so I'd love to see Revan added. Doesn't make him canon though.
  • Options
    Wasn't he made cannon by the Star wars the old republic game? Fake news.
  • Options
    jejuzang wrote: »

Is this a joke? KotR was never canon, but both games were awesome.

Regardless, even if he was "pre-canon", which he wasn't, Disney wiped everything away except the 6 movies and The Clone Wars show when they bought it.
  • Options

Regardless, even if he was "pre-canon", which he wasn't, Disney wiped everything away except the 6 movies and The Clone Wars show when they bought it.

He was more than the game, several comics and books but all "legends" ; not canon ,even before the Disney whitewash
  • Options

He was more than the game, several comics and books but all "legends" ; not canon ,even before the Disney whitewash

Whitewash?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options

I know, there was tons of stuff on Revan and the Mandalorian Wars, some of the best EU stuff in fact. Was more generalizing for simplicities sake.
  • Options
    Does the inclusion of HK47 and DN not make Revan also fair game for swgoh? Not sure it’s canon but there are characters from those games in swgoh
  • Options
    HK47, Darth Nihilus, Sith Trooper, and Sith Assassin are all from the Old Republic series, so I would think that anything from those series are canon. Unless @Kyno is saying that if characters are not currently in the game they're not considered canon?
  • Options
    Maxx121312 wrote: »
    Does the inclusion of HK47 and DN not make Revan also fair game for swgoh? Not sure it’s canon but there are characters from those games in swgoh

Game has access to any current canon source, as well as anything used by EA previously.

So we can get Revan, Iden Versio, Gelen Marekor even Mr Bones, we can't get Mara Jade.
  • Options
    Game has access to any current canon source, as well as anything used by EA previously.

EA should use my characters from SWToR, they were pretty OP. Who doesnt want a Clone Trooper that killed 2 Senators of the Republic? Nothing says you are OP like killing a Senator in the Senate while in the middle of being questioned in an investigation.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    HK47, Darth Nihilus, Sith Trooper, and Sith Assassin are all from the Old Republic series, so I would think that anything from those series are canon. Unless Kyno is saying that if characters are not currently in the game they're not considered canon?

No I am saying they are off topic because being canon, has nothing to do with the game.
  • Options
    Zolaz wrote: »

EA should use my characters from SWToR, they were pretty OP. Who doesnt want a Clone Trooper that killed 2 Senators of the Republic? Nothing says you are OP like killing a Senator in the Senate while in the middle of being questioned in an investigation.

God those games were so great. After much hounding, I just got my son KotOR on Xbox for his birthday. I hope it holds up well....that and they make KotOR 2 a backwards compatible digital too.
  • Options

@DedrickRogue i never said KoTOR, i said The old republic. You know the mmo right? The game that is still going on now. The game is in fact cannon. Revan has been cannon for a very long time. So again, this is fake news. Just click bait for whatever webpage you got it from.
  • Options

God those games were so great. After much hounding, I just got my son KotOR on Xbox for his birthday. I hope it holds up well....that and they make KotOR 2 a backwards compatible digital too.

That person and you are talking about different games. OP is talking about the MMO and you are talking about KotOR the single player game. If you dont know what SWTOR is i suggest you check it out as it ends the Revan storyline. And also read the book, SWTOR Revan.
  • Options

That person and you are talking about different games. OP is talking about the MMO and you are talking about KotOR the single player game. If you dont know what SWTOR is i suggest you check it out as it ends the Revan storyline. And also read the book, SWTOR Revan.

Neither of these are considered canon. SWTOR Revan was printed a full year before Disney bought, and regardless the book is Legends i.e. Expanded Universe i.e. not canon.
  • Options

Neither of these are considered canon. SWTOR Revan was printed a full year before Disney bought, and regardless the book is Legends i.e. Expanded Universe i.e. not canon.

Swtor is considered cannon
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

Swtor is considered cannon

https://www.geek.com/culture/the-current-canonical-star-wars-timeline-1683840/

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

“As of April 25, 2014, the only previously published materials that are considered canon are the six Star Wars films, the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series and film, and the stand-alone Dark Horse Comics arc Star Wars: Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir.[1] Meanwhile, the Expanded Universe is no longer considered canon[2] and was re-termed as the "Legends" brand. Most Star Wars material released after April 25, 2014—with some exceptions—is composed in collaboration with the Lucasfilm Story Group, making it part of the "new canon."”