Platoons Rework

Dev team, as territory battles have progressed I have grown to love them more each time I go through. However, there is one aspect that absolutely drives me bonkers. PLATOONS. Platoons are a great concept and can actually reward someone for farming a character that isn't used as much or is a longer farm.

Instead they're used to make guilds give up some of the most common characters in the game time and time again while still expecting decent results in combat missions. I can completely understand not wanting a guild to have 50 TFP, Biggs, Wedge, Vader, etc. However, I also believe that it's ridiculous to have more than 10 of any character in platoons.

Breaking it out, there are 180 character slots to be filled in platoons. For a guild of 50, you're looking at averaging about 4 characters per person. Lets say for example, you need 10 TFP's, 10 Vaders, 10 Tarkins, 10 EPs, and 10 Stormtroopers. That right there is almost 1/3 of platoon spots right there. Add in 5 Mauls and 5 Darth Nihilus' and now you're 1/3 of your way through platoons, with using 7 out of 62 Dark Side characters. Or 11% of Dark Side characters are covering 33% of platoons. Now I just used those characters as examples but the math still works with any character in the game.

My point is the concentration of platoon characters is killing the fun in territory battles. You said territory battles would allow us to utilize our whole roster. Instead we're utilizing, at most, 50%. With 62 Dark Side characters, each character should appear, on average, 3 times. Now take out some of the new characters who are not yet farmable, and you're looking at about 58-59 Dark Side characters and a little over 3 times per character.

All I am asking is for a chance for platoons to actually allow us to utilize our whole roster as was advertised.

Replies

• Options
    The original plan was to make use of the lesser used toons, but then they realized that they had another cashgrab opportunity, and you know they won't ever pass that up. This is more likely to get worse, not better.
  • Options
    It's getting worse with every new toon. The platoons became ridiculous. And that's how it is supposed to work. (Surprise, surprise.)
    Last time we needed the Silencer in 5 of 6 ship platoons in P6, sometimes twice. Not to mention the other ones.
  • Options
    Platoons are also a carrot on a stick. You'll never fill em cause new characters will replace the ones you eventually got to farm
  • Options
    Platoons are very much a pay-to-play mechanic now. It's so ridiculous. They almost are not even worth doing anymore.
  • Options
    Worst is when there's an empire only mission and over 70% of characters required in platoons are empire. Total bleach fest.
  • Options
    On top of that, the difficulty level of the missions is tuned to having the platoon bonuses, as if it wasn't already impossible enough.
  • Options
    Moved to Feedback/Events, which includes Guild Events.