Talzin/Wicket Farming

Usually with the release cadence, each level toons become easier to farm/acquire.

I feel like the Wicket/Talzin events have actually gone backwards.

I understand these 2 toons are made to be harder to acquire which is fine but here is my issue:

The toon is first released and you get a single pack to acquire 5-330 shards. We also get the event to get a max of 20 shards (if you refresh).

Now we have the same event to get 20 shards which is fine but we now have a faction pack that has a 1 in 3 chance of actually getting any shards for the toon you are trying to farm. Sure there are also chromiums but do any end-game players actually buy those?

My request here is to at least bring back the single pack during the event so you have a guaranteed chance of getting shards for that toon, similar to how the individual capital ship packs were brought back for the ship events. Sure, it will still be hard to get that toon but at least you have a reliable option of acquiring shards.

@CG_Kozispoon is this a possible solution the team could look into?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It is what it is right now. They will only be farmable through the event for the foreseeable future.

They have stated that later they may find a home somewhere else.

As far as packs are concerned, I don't think that will happen, that's not really how they do things. It makes buying the packs when a toon first comes out feel more important.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    It is what it is right now. They will only be farmable through the event for the foreseeable future.

They have stated that later they may find a home somewhere else.

As far as packs are concerned, I don't think that will happen, that's not really how they do things. It makes buying the packs when a toon first comes out feel more important.

Well they brought back the capital ship packs for the ships event. Wicket/Talzin is a unique scenario.

They stated Wicket may become farmable somewhere else but Talzin won't.

To be honest, revenue-wise it makes sense to bring back the Talzin/Wicket single packs. Not many people will dump a huge amount of money into a 1 in 3 chance to get shards, then on top of that another chance to get more than 5 shards. If they release the pack, they'll make more money. If they don't, the majority of people will just continue farming through the event.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    the ship situation is unique too, they are needed to get chimera.

I'm sure they know what will and will not make them more money, and they also test things which will take time to collect the data. they can be patient.
  • UltimateZeus
    1221 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm sure they know what will and will not make them more money, and they also test things which will take time to collect the data. they can be patient.

Agreed. I'm just giving my opinion from my situation.
    the ship situation is unique too, they are needed to get chimera.

The ship packs aren't just for Chimaera since they also provide the packs for Mace's and Tarkin's ship. The ship packs they brought back due to people suggesting it on the forums. This is why I am doing the same.