What is it that makes tie fighter unhittable?

Luniz
359 posts Member
I just lost to a tie fighter that evaded 20 or 30 attacks in a row. I don't see any skills that give it evasion up or whatever, am I missing something? This is under thrawn capital.

Replies

• Options
    Tie has high natural evasion, so it definitely can be a pain to deal with. Depending on your fleet, using certain ships , ie, poe , Vader , are excellent against tie due to the can't be evaded part of their abilities.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy section.
    and this
    Tie has high natural evasion, so it definitely can be a pain to deal with. Depending on your fleet, using certain ships , ie, poe , Vader , are excellent against tie due to the can't be evaded part of their abilities.

• Options
    Yeh like he said it has high dodge chance. Like mine has 41% dodge chance. An ever time it does evade it grants turn mtr to capital ship an double if its a empire ship like thrawns. So as he said avoid trying atk it with most ships n use vader or poe or any ship tht says atk cant be evaded. Cuz u dont want to miss when u atk u will put urself in a big hole by givin their capital ship lots of turn mtr.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Show me any video of a ship battle where a ship was attacked 20 times
  • Options
    Mine has a 43% dodge rate as an example
  • Options
    As everyone said above, the imperial TIE has a very high dodge chance, which it relys upon in order to survive the battle. There are 5 main ways to counters to this:
    1) Vader's basic attack can't be dodged. This is the most common way.
    2) Vader's special inflicts evasion down, which allows your team to gang up on the TIE.
    3) Bistan, when stelthed, can't be evaded.
    4) Poe's special can't miss when attacking an enemy without protection, which is almost always the case with the TIE.
    5) Both Tarkin & Thrawn unltimates can't be dodged, so if you get that far, that's one way.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Show me any video of a ship battle where a ship was attacked 20 times

Don't know about 20, but I had one Dodge the killing blow 13 times in a row(2.5 full rounds) earlier tonight, letting his tarkin get off the fleet attack.

It is ridiculously lame
  • Options
    U need to hit him at least once with vader/poe/stealth bistan so that the tie don't have full health.

If he have full health, maul come out as reinforcement, then pseudo taunt the tie then it's game over.
  • Loy
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    4) Poe's special can't miss when attacking an enemy without protection, which is almost always the case with the TIE.
    A minor correction, Poe's special never misses regardless of protection. No protection on target makes him crit 100% of time with it.

• Options
    Loy wrote: »
    Goodgil wrote: »
    A minor correction, Poe's special never misses regardless of protection. No protection on target makes him crit 100% of time with it.

That's not actually true, I've seen Poe miss with his special. Used a combination of foresight (given by Thrawn) and stealth (Maul) to make him target an automatic miss, and he did.
  • Options
    I think defense ai gives extra dodge to TIE as well. all 5 matches today my TIE fighter literally did not dodge once. One match, due to maul, I was forced to attack the defense TIE and dodged 6 in a row and they wiped my team. I have had this problem for about 2 weeks since I finally got into top 25.

If anyone can explain the next part, I would be thankful. I think the defense gets bonus chance to crit as well as damage. All 5 of my matches today, enemy FO tie went first and literally one shots my FO tie. So I am starting at 4v5 and almost always losing. I don't understand why theirs can hit so hard on defense, but mine never can on offense. I am checking after and they are all mirror matches and in many cases, my FO Tie has more power. FO tie, tie, and biggs are all g12, all ships and pilots are 85 and 7*. My shard, teams are all Thrawn, biggs, FO tie, Tie, vader, reaper. Can anyone explain why their FO tie can almost always one shot mine at the start of the battle? On the rare occasions I go first, I have to use FO tie and Tie and sometimes vader to kill their FO Tie.
  • Options
    Read the characters abilities
  • Options
    For ties, I use vader ta most of the time to attack tie fighters and when i do assists (chimera, cassian-uwing , and others), i choose vader to attack tie fighters. Avoid using other ships on tie fighter unless you have no choice.
  • Options
    Seems like a good trade off since Tie gets zero protection. People seem to forget about that
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Tyrael1701 wrote: »
    I think defense ai gives extra dodge to TIE as well. all 5 matches today my TIE fighter literally did not dodge once. One match, due to maul, I was forced to attack the defense TIE and dodged 6 in a row and they wiped my team. I have had this problem for about 2 weeks since I finally got into top 25.

If anyone can explain the next part, I would be thankful. I think the defense gets bonus chance to crit as well as damage. All 5 of my matches today, enemy FO tie went first and literally one shots my FO tie. So I am starting at 4v5 and almost always losing. I don't understand why theirs can hit so hard on defense, but mine never can on offense. I am checking after and they are all mirror matches and in many cases, my FO Tie has more power. FO tie, tie, and biggs are all g12, all ships and pilots are 85 and 7*. My shard, teams are all Thrawn, biggs, FO tie, Tie, vader, reaper. Can anyone explain why their FO tie can almost always one shot mine at the start of the battle? On the rare occasions I go first, I have to use FO tie and Tie and sometimes vader to kill their FO Tie.

Look at the capital ship. Also, anecdotal evidence is never going to convince anyone of grand statistical conspiracies