Recent update was flat out awful

This update was terrible. I’m sorry but with the what’s ahead hint and quality of this update, the challenge of beating last February is not going to succeed. Here’s the good and the bad of this update:

The Good

1.)KRU, SFTFP and their ships given reasonable locations to farm. Given how often they appear in platoons and the necessity for more DS toons, this helps but only ever so slightly.

2.) Talzin and Wicket take their next steps into a proper farm. Now people can actually get viable usage from both NS and Ewoks who wanted to unlock these characters but didn’t break the bank at first. But that leads into.....

THE BAD:

1.) You just added two resistance toons to make JTR even more exclusively OP’ed. A big portion of your community couldn’t unlock Rey given her requirements and the absurd panic farm locations. So without JTR you can’t fully utilize rose and Holdo. Speaking of....

2.) ANOTHER marquee release. Seriously, please stop it. Release characters in any of the shops! A hard node! A Cantina node! A legendary event, anything! We are sick of it. And it’s not just bad because their kits are going to be exclusively for P2P, but you are also adding more exclusively P2P toons to platoons for TB thus making the goal posts move yet again. It’s a never ending end zone now.

3.) A Palp rework? If that’s the big ticket release for February, with QoL updates then you failed. That doesn’t top DN. And the ONLY way to do that now that Revan has been officially squashed is a Plagueis legendary event with a Palp and Vader rework paired with other QoL additions like a multi bronzonium function, mod management tool and guild ticket tracker that works. But it hinges on a LEGENDARY event. Not this marquee stuff which has been old since it’s inception.

I doubt this gets enough attention from the team but maybe if enough players see this they will demand better content. This is a bad update and bad form to make a release of P2P characters that have OP kits when paired with a hero’s journey character that a lot of us don’t have and won’t have until spring at the earliest.

Replies

• Options
    I completely agree.
  • Options
    Pretty much agree with everything here in the OP.

I know Rose and Purple Hair (two of the most hated Star Wars characters in history next to Jar Jar) aren't the big reveal, but they do make JTR even more OP which I don't like...and I have a JTR at Gear 12.

But trying to top a Nihilus release with what's alluded to....hmmmm, don't see it being topped or even matched.

Emperor gets at least two zetas and Vader gets a damage boost plus a unique zeta will definitely help out (and are SEVERELY needed) but that's not gonna top DN.

Now, couple that with a Bounty Hunter rework and additions like Bossk and Jango and a QOL? Now we're talking.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    I think u speak represent the community @Ravens1113 . Well done
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    marquee is fine as long as they get placed in reasonable to farm locations like you also give them credit for in this very thread.
    Platoons? who cares?
    p2p toons actually makes it easier because you don't have to fill those 4 TFP's and 4 DTs in those particular platoons either ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Yeah I’m not sure I understand the hate on marquees. They’ve long since standardized them as the norm for releasing all toons (except legendaries) as a way for people to buy them first, then a few months later everyone can have access to them. Sure I want it now, but this is the norm.
  • Options
    Complain complain complain... Why not thank them for all that they do and be happy to have this awesome game we can play for free.

Thank you CG! I am completely addicted to your game and love it!!
  • Options
    @Ravens1113 on mobilegamers YouTube video showcasing the new rose and holdo he did state the devs had emailed him and at the end of February a new event was coming. So be patient. The devs are doing great things and marquee=money initially.. because again, this is a business you can't have everything free lol

Don't like rose and holdo? Cool. Don't farm them
  • Options
    If you put out something super disappointing first, the next thing put out will look and feel better than what it really is.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I actually think a good palp rework would top DN, especially if it makes both viable again in top arena. Palp, done right, could very easily be the answer to both RJT and NS.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    marquee is fine as long as they get placed in reasonable to farm locations like you also give them credit for in this very thread.
    Platoons? who cares?
    p2p toons actually makes it easier because you don't have to fill those 4 TFP's and 4 DTs in those particular platoons either ;)

Platoons matter because the end result for that game mode is never going to hit if p4-p6 require you to keep paying to get a full clear. Now nobody is demanding a 45/45’LSTB just because, but it should be obtainable and characters that are marquee released and can’t be obtained other than buying the packs isn’t fair.
  • Options
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Yeah I’m not sure I understand the hate on marquees. They’ve long since standardized them as the norm for releasing all toons (except legendaries) as a way for people to buy them first, then a few months later everyone can have access to them. Sure I want it now, but this is the norm.

The concept isn’t the problem, it’s the fact of being the only way to release toons outside of the hero’s journey or legendary events. Rose should be a GW release and Holdo a Guild store farm. The last toon I remember not being marquee is Starck (not including Wampa or Hoda given they require diligent planning and spending, which is fine because it puts the responsibility on the player themselves)
  • Options
    Complain complain complain... Why not thank them for all that they do and be happy to have this awesome game we can play for free.

Thank you CG! I am completely addicted to your game and love it!!

The community and myself do thank the Devs and the team when it’s due. When they release awesome stuff they get their due thanks and moment in the sun. But there’s also a flip side to that and should be told when something bad was released.
  • Options
    @Ravens1113 on mobilegamers YouTube video showcasing the new rose and holdo he did state the devs had emailed him and at the end of February a new event was coming. So be patient. The devs are doing great things and marquee=money initially.. because again, this is a business you can't have everything free lol

Don't like rose and holdo? Cool. Don't farm them

Well nobody can farm them for a few months if they stick with the old cadence lol. The toons themselves? Not terrible overall. But their release method paired with making JTR even more OP just leaves a poor taste in a lot of people’s mouths
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Pretty much agree with everything here in the OP.

I know Rose and Purple Hair (two of the most hated Star Wars characters in history next to Jar Jar) aren't the big reveal, but they do make JTR even more OP which I don't like...and I have a JTR at Gear 12.

But trying to top a Nihilus release with what's alluded to....hmmmm, don't see it being topped or even matched.

Emperor gets at least two zetas and Vader gets a damage boost plus a unique zeta will definitely help out (and are SEVERELY needed) but that's not gonna top DN.

Now, couple that with a Bounty Hunter rework and additions like Bossk and Jango and a QOL? Now we're talking.

Yaaaas! I can see the hint now:
    “Everyone has a price....but there can be no mistakes this time”
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

The concept isn’t the problem, it’s the fact of being the only way to release toons outside of the hero’s journey or legendary events. Rose should be a GW release and Holdo a Guild store farm. The last toon I remember not being marquee is Starck (not including Wampa or Hoda given they require diligent planning and spending, which is fine because it puts the responsibility on the player themselves)

I guess I still don’t get that line of thinking. I agree they should be GW or arena or Guild store farms .... in 2/3 months. Both of these toons, particularly Holdo, are gonna be arena viable. Why would CG not capitalize with a marquee like they do for 90% of their toons? That’s the norm. The only reason Starck wasn’t is cause he was immediately needed for TB, just like CSolo.
  • Options

I guess I still don’t get that line of thinking. I agree they should be GW or arena or Guild store farms .... in 2/3 months. Both of these toons, particularly Holdo, are gonna be arena viable. Why would CG not capitalize with a marquee like they do for 90% of their toons? That’s the norm. The only reason Starck wasn’t is cause he was immediately needed for TB, just like CSolo.

And what about Holdo for a capital ship? Wouldn’t that have been better? Along with a Hux release to give DS another capital ship as well? Why isolate so much revenue potential?
  • Options
    I don't really have a problem with this update. It was never billed as the update to eclipse all updates, so I'm not sure why all the heartburn. The characters are fine. Rose and Holdo make more sense to me than freaking Wampa. I don't particularly care if some of you hated the movie or hate these characters. That point of personal preference does not make this a bad update, They gave us Matt and his ship on a lower-cost Cantina node. They added FOSFTP and his ship to Guild store (would rather have seen them in Cantina, Arena or GW, ofc). They changed the stupidly long Talzin and Wicket farms (which understandably upsets some of who invested in them).

It's certainly not a bad update, let alone the end of the world.

I agree with comments about Marquee event characters and how they affect TB platoons. That's probably pretty annoying for the high end guilds who even come close to completing platoons in p4-6. My guild does not, so making the problem worse hardly matters to us (and I suspect to most guilds). Still, I agree it's not a good state of affairs.

Granted, there are plenty of things wrong with this game and CG/EA do tend to put a foot wrong a bit too often for my taste, but the constant indignation that spews forth after every communication and update is a bit overdone, I think.
  • Options
    Aeternas wrote: »
    I don't really have a problem with this update. It was never billed as the update to eclipse all updates, so I'm not sure why all the heartburn. The characters are fine. Rose and Holdo make more sense to me than freaking Wampa. I don't particularly care if some of you hated the movie or hate these characters. That point of personal preference does not make this a bad update, They gave us Matt and his ship on a lower-cost Cantina node. They added FOSFTP and his ship to Guild store (would rather have seen them in Cantina, Arena or GW, ofc). They changed the **** long Talzin and Wicket farms (which understandably upsets some of who invested in them).

It's certainly not a bad update, let alone the end of the world.

I agree with comments about Marquee event characters and how they affect TB platoons. That's probably pretty annoying for the high end guilds who even come close to completing platoons in p4-6. My guild does not, so making the problem worse hardly matters to us (and I suspect to most guilds). Still, I agree it's not a good state of affairs.

Granted, there are plenty of things wrong with this game and CG/EA do tend to put a foot wrong a bit too often for my taste, but the constant indignation that spews forth after every communication and update is a bit overdone, I think.

I gave them their props for the FO toons on easy nodes and in guild store to make them farmable and also the switch up for MT and wicket.

But you’re missing the point of rose and Holdo being marquee. They don’t really fit in a Zfinn resistance squad. They’re meant to bolster RJT even more with their kits. There are a lot of people that don’t have her so these two are useless. Plus with Holdo being another marquee character then she is not an option for a capital ship. That would be awful (here’s to General Organa with the insta team revive like in TLJ hahaha)

What makes this update bad is the marquee aspect paired with them being exclusively meant for RJT.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Platoons? who cares?

Platoons matter because the end result for that game mode is never going to hit if p4-p6 require you to keep paying to get a full clear. Now nobody is demanding a 45/45’LSTB just because, but it should be obtainable and characters that are marquee released and can’t be obtained other than buying the packs isn’t fair.

You can get max stars without filling all the platoons, you just need a bit more GP. New toons help quite a bit with getting more GP as a guild, so i'd say every marquee event gets my guild closer to 45/45 48/48 instead of further away.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Who hates Admiral Holdo? Laura Dern is hawt. Rawr.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    Isn't there a minimum age requirement to post here?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Hmmm... the last time we got 2 mediocre characters this way, they had to be panic farmed for JTR.

O.o