This is your new meta, you either have this, or you loose

Prev13
QGJ(l), Lum, Rey/GS, Poe, Phasma
I knew about this, and since my team is up and running, here you go.
I have even given clues: "1, 2, 3, Poe, Phasma"
If anyone having troubles understanding mechanics, think for a few seconds, or read below:
QGJ+GS assist take one character out from opponent. Poe procs, Luminara attacks or heals, depending on opponent's speed. Phasma gives everyone second turn and advantage.
QGJ removes buff from opponent's Poe and gives everyone offense up.
Rey attacks second time with buffs enough to take out second character (or GS), Luminara heals or attacks with buff.
Opponent now has 3 characters, to your 5 in full HP.
This team is perfect. I might as well quit playing now, now that secret is out and nothing can defeat this team or that at the very least you can defeat any team with this. This is best defense team to date.
Tried and true, enjoy
(Ofcause tweak here and there, mechanics are the same. This also relies that AI opens with 'Victory March' on defense. If not, developers are making this perfect team unfairly coded. Also, new meta with RG is coming. I made a post of it, and ofcause, mods had to merge it.)

Replies

• AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I beat teams like this np, good team though but not the best. Dont quit playing, you havent made the best yet.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with being loose
  • Options
    how many ranking do you drop each day? I use similar team
    6qgj
    7lumi
    6sid
    6ig86
    4poe
    and i make top 3 everyday but sometime drop to 20 something.

This team do not performing well by AI i think
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    lol this team isn't that tough. i can beat it on a daily basis. the weak point is qgj. dooku stuns off the bat and it's pretty much game over after that
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Phasma(L) dooku QGJ GS Sid should be able to destroy that team easily.
    Dooku stun opponent's QGJ
    GS and Sid take out opponent's GS/rey
    QGJ take out opponent's Poe taunt giving mths team OU
    Phasma uses advantage
    Now opponent's QGJ can either give the opponent's team offense up and die or try to take down one char and die. Opponent's team will be left with lumi Poe and plasma at this point
  • Options
    Fresh shard so not many ppl have dooku anywhere near ready.

( I been farming dooku myself)
  • Options
    Phasma not as lead... Hmm. You'd probably do better with Old Ben. And... You're also pretty much assuming the opposing team doesn't have any fast characters to claim 5v3 before any opponent has acted (implied by that bit about full hp).

A team with any high speed characters such as Dooku, Rey, GS, Leia, Sid, even Opress (assuming he gets nicked by an AoE) will pretty much be trading blows until Phasma gets her turn. Only Jedi I know that beats out Dooku for first turn is Yoda with QGJ leading (possibly QGJ himself, as well, I'd need to check). Not to mention you're running QGJ as lead with only 1 other Jedi (which is a little bit silly, for now).

Then, you're going about relying on QGJ to Humbling Blow opposing Poe's taunt, which is actually only about 60% successful (from personal experience). That's only slightly better odds than flipping a coin, so I fail to see how you can be so certain about the outcome.

Teams that should give you nightmares typically have an evasion boosting leader (Dooku or Luminara, typically) OR Phasma as a leader, 3 meta cannons (high speed, one-shot potential damage such as GS, Rey, QGJ, etc.), and either Old Daka, Ewok Elder, Old Ben (few others). No Poe (sorry, he's a joke - always kinda' was and now that he has no chance for 1st-turn... yeah) due to lack of damage.

Both evasion leaders and Phasma leaders (particularly) tend to perform very well under the AI.
  • Options
    people still use poe?
    Im running QGJ, Sid, dooku, GS and Daka/fotp and 2 of their dps die before poe can taunt. this isnt meta as people are still figuring out the best stuff. But we know for certain that QGJ and rey is in it.
  • Options
    Beat it easily with
    Qgj
    Gs
    Dooku
    Phasma
    Daka
  • Options
    QGJ, GS, Yoda, Rey, Dooku?
  • Options
    Im rank 1 in my server w/ QGJ (L), Sid, dooku, GS, FOTP and i beat any team at the moment.
    But my team can easily be beaten as well.
    It doesnt matter as long as you can snipe rank 1 everyday. It is what it is.
  • Options
    Im rank 1 in my server w/ QGJ (L), Sid, dooku, GS, FOTP and i beat any team at the moment.
    Good sniping team, but bad defending. If you get #1 spot early one day and still have it when your next arena attempt is up, you should switch to some more AI-friendly compositions. You may just be able to secure #1 for a good while in doing so.
  • Options
    Qgj(L) + gs is mandatory. Then add 3 more high speed toons like sid,Rey etc... This is the ONLY way to be competitive in top tier arena. The meta right now is unbelievably boring.
  • Options
    Darthbinks wrote: »
    Qgj(L) + gs is mandatory. Then add 3 more high speed toons like sid,Rey etc... This is the ONLY way to be competitive in top tier arena. The meta right now is unbelievably boring.

Lol. GS will always be at the speed of another GS (meaning coin-toss). Additionally, QGJ leading only gets 1-2 Jedi first turn before Dooku (Yoda for certain, and I forget about QGJ himself). And Dooku has a 90% stun chance against Jedi... So yeah, Yoda might go first. Yay. But then Dooku usually just stuns QGJ. Other than that, having QGJ as lead means you're sacrificing evasion, crit chance/damage boost, or assist chance from the other most common leaders - all at the expense of picking up 1 character's guaranteed first turn, which is difficult to justify.
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Yup, awesome on offence, usually have 2 opponents down before they start. I'm testing this team myself with sid lead, qgj, gs, dooku, rey. I'm going to test this team further another week or so see how it holds on D. Next week I will submit in daka for sid.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    SinnerWill wrote: »
    Good sniping team, but bad defending. If you get #1 spot early one day and still have it when your next arena attempt is up, you should switch to some more AI-friendly compositions. You may just be able to secure #1 for a good while in doing so.

Not to burst any bubble, but most AI teams lose regsrdless of what to similarly well constructed teams. Holding 1 for a while is more related to the activity of people behind you. If you are #1 you can be targeted by 2-4 only. Ifvthat 3 particular personas arent online after you get your 6PM prize, you will "defend" it for a while. But it is an optical illusion, a mirage.

True defense is very hard. Even AI friendly teams hace horrible targetting
  • Options
    You can swap out Phasma for Poggle and get results just as good.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    That's about a B to B+ team. A pure speed team with toons all faster or as fast as Rey can obliterate her before she moves. GS is > Rey at this cap level and he can OHKO her pretty reliably. Dooku can stun Jinn, then use GS or your own QGJ to ohko Rey. If she doesn't go down in one hit, fine use Sid to finish her off. Then for the stunned Jinn, use the assist of either QGJ or GS that you didn't use on Rey. Both your QGJ and Rey are dead before they move - that's very reliably done with those 4 toons I mentioned. Now it's 5 on 3. Poe + Phasma + Lumi aren't going to win a match on their own.

This absolutely is not meta just FYI to anyone else and no...it's not either you have that or you lose - incredible hyperbole. Current meta is very broad due to the lack of defending after the speed change that opened things up, but one current version that's very good is QGJ leader, Rey, GS, Dooku, and Anakin. The key there is Anakin - you can kill Rey / Jinn pretty easily, but killing them make Anakin get instant meter and offense up. He also has offense up to all allies if that AOE does a killing blow...he's pretty wicked. @Cythis runs this on my server and it's about as good a defending team as you can get right now.

In addition to those listed above, these other toons are also in the PVP "meta" as well currently:
    • Daka
    • Phasma
    • Kylo
    • Lumi (on a heal / tank team - great with Daka)
    • FOTP (still big time deadly hitter, scary on assist call)
    • Yoda (maxed he can crit for >7k and remove meter - at that speed that's very good - good AOE too)
    • Old Ben
    • Poe
    • Poggle
    • Droids (88/86)
    • HRS

I've seen all of these toons recently take #1 on a very competitive server with the top tier speed meta being very prevalent on it. Then there's other variations of builds that can make a lot of other heroes viable as well. Vader, Snowtrooper, 5s, .... the ability to take #1 on a server right now is pretty broad for many team comps.

• Options
    The meta isn't a got to have toon right now. It is speed and 'rock, paper, scissors'. You can get speed with inherently fast toons, speed leaders or turn meter manipulation. There is at least 20 different teams on my leaderboard that have made the top 5 all with different combinations. The P2P group is running QGJ, Yoda and GS, but they are still changing parts out in the other two slots as no team has been able to hold #1 and all of them fall into the 20s daily. It turns into who wants to buy refreshes to stay in the top 3 at payout and it's still a crap shoot.
  • Options
    That's about a B to B+ team. A pure speed team with toons all faster or as fast as Rey can obliterate her before she moves. GS is > Rey at this cap level and he can OHKO her pretty reliably. Dooku can stun Jinn, then use GS or your own QGJ to ohko Rey. If she doesn't go down in one hit, fine use Sid to finish her off. Then for the stunned Jinn, use the assist of either QGJ or GS that you didn't use on Rey. Both your QGJ and Rey are dead before they move - that's very reliably done with those 4 toons I mentioned. Now it's 5 on 3. Poe + Phasma + Lumi aren't going to win a match on their own.

This absolutely is not meta just FYI to anyone else and no...it's not either you have that or you lose - incredible hyperbole. Current meta is very broad due to the lack of defending after the speed change that opened things up, but one current version that's very good is QGJ leader, Rey, GS, Dooku, and Anakin. The key there is Anakin

Why did you have to let the secret out, arghh.

• JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

This absolutely is not meta just FYI to anyone else and no...it's not either you have that or you lose - incredible hyperbole. Current meta is very broad due to the lack of defending after the speed change that opened things up, but one current version that's very good is QGJ leader, Rey, GS, Dooku, and Anakin. The key there is Anakin

Don't worry - people don't listen anyway. Look at the thread on who needs a buff - Anakin is mentioned multiple times. I've been saying tanky toons combat this speed meta well (I can defeat that speed team above with aoe tanks >80% of the time) and I still see everywhere comments that nothing can survive these speed teams. I think I've made 3 separate posts about it with pictures and all, yet.....I think the secret is safe :)
  • Options
    Don't worry - people don't listen anyway. Look at the thread on who needs a buff - Anakin is mentioned multiple times. I've been saying tanky toons combat this speed meta well (I can defeat that speed team above with aoe tanks >80% of the time) and I still see everywhere comments that nothing can survive these speed teams. The secret is safe :)

Understandable: on paper he doesn't look that impressive, and he's not easy to get for a non-whale.
    I've been attempting to farm 150 shards of his in a month for the next Yoda challenge based in part on the advice from folks like yourselves. This is eventually going to require me to start paying to refresh his nodes since he doesn't appear in shipments often enough.
    As an aside, since I haven't leveled up his main attack, would I be better off leaving it at level 1 for the challenge to avoid the resist / turn meter problem? (I would probably only do this for the level 6 challenge, I can't get to 7 this time around and would want to start using him at 6*, but I can wait until the March event...)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    QGJ(l), Lum, Rey/GS, Poe, Phasma
    I knew about this, and since my team is up and running, here you go.
    I have even given clues: "1, 2, 3, Poe, Phasma"
    If anyone having troubles understanding mechanics, think for a few seconds, or read below:
    QGJ+GS assist take one character out from opponent. Poe procs, Luminara attacks or heals, depending on opponent's speed. Phasma gives everyone second turn and advantage.
    QGJ removes buff from opponent's Poe and gives everyone offense up.
    Rey attacks second time with buffs enough to take out second character (or GS), Luminara heals or attacks with buff.
    Opponent now has 3 characters, to your 5 in full HP.
    This team is perfect. I might as well quit playing now, now that secret is out and nothing can defeat this team or that at the very least you can defeat any team with this. This is best defense team to date.
    Tried and true, enjoy
    (Ofcause tweak here and there, mechanics are the same. This also relies that AI opens with 'Victory March' on defense. If not, developers are making this perfect team unfairly coded. Also, new meta with RG is coming. I made a post of it, and ofcause, mods had to merge it.)

yeah i've ran a team like this and it's lost. idk where your evidence comes from but that's surely not the best team.
  • Options

[/quote]

Don't worry - people don't listen anyway. Look at the thread on who needs a buff - Anakin is mentioned multiple times. I've been saying tanky toons combat this speed meta well (I can defeat that speed team above with aoe tanks >80% of the time) and I still see everywhere comments that nothing can survive these speed teams. I think I've made 3 separate posts about it with pictures and all, yet.....I think the secret is safe :)[/quote]

yeah anikin is not only tanky but holy aoe dps.
  • Options

This absolutely is not meta just FYI to anyone else and no...it's not either you have that or you lose - incredible hyperbole. Current meta is very broad due to the lack of defending after the speed change that opened things up, but one current version that's very good is QGJ leader, Rey, GS, Dooku, and Anakin. The key there is Anakin - you can kill Rey / Jinn pretty easily, but killing them make Anakin get instant meter and offense up. He also has offense up to all allies if that AOE does a killing blow...he's pretty wicked. @Cythis runs this on my server and it's about as good a defending team as you can get right now.

In addition to those listed above, these other toons are also in the PVP "meta" as well currently:
    • Daka
    • Phasma
    • Kylo
    • Lumi (on a heal / tank team - great with Daka)
    • FOTP (still big time deadly hitter, scary on assist call)
    • Yoda (maxed he can crit for >7k and remove meter - at that speed that's very good - good AOE too)
    • Old Ben
    • Poe
    • Poggle
    • Droids (88/86)
    • HRS

I've seen all of these toons recently take #1 on a very competitive server with the top tier speed meta being very prevalent on it. Then there's other variations of builds that can make a lot of other heroes viable as well. Vader, Snowtrooper, 5s, .... the ability to take #1 on a server right now is pretty broad for many team comps.
    with the new changes

Poe is kinda liability without his first turn taunt.

GS assist calling POE means a key character likely will not be dead. ( at least thats the problem i have now )
  • Options
    The real problme here is.. I dont have an AnakiN! ****!
  • SpeedWeed
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    DOTs havent been fixed yet.

still cant kill atm.
  • Options
    The real problme here is.. I dont have an AnakiN! ****!

So farm?
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    DOTs havent been fixed yet.

still cant kill atm.

The change has been reverted due to another bug.

Don't worry - people don't listen anyway. Look at the thread on who needs a buff - Anakin is mentioned multiple times. I've been saying tanky toons combat this speed meta well (I can defeat that speed team above with aoe tanks >80% of the time) and I still see everywhere comments that nothing can survive these speed teams. I think I've made 3 separate posts about it with pictures and all, yet.....I think the secret is safe :)

Yep AoEs are still strong. My only gripe with them is that they can't defend. Stick a Poe in any team and he'll and when he taunts, not one AoE is fired. Makes defending with them next to impossible so I still leave that exact speed team both on offense and defense. Here's hoping the taunt problem gets fixed.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

It has been out for a while already. There are a few deniers but I have read that several times
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I run QGJ, yoda, Rey, FOTP and GS all maxed . Great team but still gets beat . I don't think there's much that can't be beat when the AI is controlling it. I've used a ton of different combos and there's always teams that can beat them on D