Many of us are doing F2P wrong and why sim tickets are a mirage.

All 35 allies I have were found on this site. I've noticed I get some but not many ally points from my allies. This tells me that many of us are leaving a considerable amount of ally points on the table. The reason is that you get double the ally points when you use an ally's character. The way that I do it is that every time I'm given the option to use an ally I do so without fail. I always pick the one with the highest power not because I need it but because I believe that those of us most active in this game should support each other so it's a matter of principle (I do it even on the easiest gear farming missions). I know the bronzium packs drop shards and complete characters at a low rate. However, if you double our ally points then you are essentially doubling the odds of getting something useful out of your purchased packs.

This is why I say sim tickets are a mirage. They are presented as an item that's supposed to help you when in reality they are quite literally holding you back and keeping you from getting the most out of your limited resources in the game.

I would like to hear what thoughts anyone else has about this.

Replies

• I agree, sometimes though you don't have the time or inclination to play them out, particularly on a mission you barely scraped by on through lucky RNG.

That said, most of the time I play them out, often on auto for lower levels.

Don't think I'm getting any ally points for loaning, this was a known issue, can anyone confirm if they patched this now?

Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Something else I wanted to mention is if you find you aren't finding allies try switching out Barriss/Dooku/Chewbacca/Talia/Sidious as they are commonly used leaders. With them off of your team you'll find many more options for allies and the ally point bonus.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I was trying for a while to maximize my ally points in this way. Here's the thing: I have never gotten anything of value from the bronzium pack. So it's hard to motivate myself to care much about this.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Dont forget to get half light side and have dark side characters for friendslist :)
  • This whole ally points thing I've kind of forgotten about because the way it was supposed to work vs. reality is two different things. I only received the initial bonus for gaining allies, after that, never got anything...
  • Also in order to get more ally points from others I use less commonly used characters for leaders. On DS I use Old Daka. On LS I use Barriss because people that don't have her use her quite a bit.
  • Just can't be bothered to play through all the energy, but you are correct in that the chances are doubled with 20 tokens instead of 10. I've drawn Barriss, Poggle, and multiple IG-86s and Veers so far from bronzium packs. Definitely worth it if you have the time.
  • Just can't be bothered to play through all the energy, but you are correct in that the chances are doubled with 20 tokens instead of 10. I've drawn Barriss, Poggle, and multiple IG-86s and Veers so far from bronzium packs. Definitely worth it if you have the time.

Wow you've had great luck. I thought I was lucky getting old daka. I've also had a few one and two star characters which has helped me get their stars up a level.