Best Rebel Tank?

Prev1
Obviously Chaze is the way to go but i was looking for a solution before while I am grinding. I am running Leia, Wiggs, Lando and need a tank. I thought about K-2SO but I am not sure. STH is next but id like to focus Leia if that is a possibility and galactic war is cake walk and gives shards easy.

Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    Old Ben is pretty formidable
  • Options
    Old Ben would be an option for sure. I see him in CLS squads at the top of my shard, so he has staying power and won't be a wasted upgrade.

I also like STH and find him to be underrated.

I have not used K2SO at all as of yet.
  • Options
    I do not use K2SO either but I have not heard good things
  • Options
    Old Ben would be an option for sure. I see him in CLS squads at the top of my shard, so he has staying power and won't be a wasted upgrade.

Only problem with him is I cant stop farming Lando.
  • Options
    I suggest you run Wiggs, STH, Boba/Old Ben and then either Leia or Lando.
  • Options
    General Kenobi is the best rebel tank. Duh
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Moved to strategy section.

OB, STH,K2 in that order. IMHO.

Blaze is only ok without chirrut, but he is your only pre-taunt option.

• Options
    Old Ben.
    Even at a lower gear than st han, he works.
  • Options
    I use K2S0 quite a bit, and he works well with Cassian, but I don't know how good he'd be with your lineup.

I personally like the taunt mechanic, but since the taunt goes away the moment he takes damage, you have to be conscious of that and decide for yourself if that's what you want out of your tank. He counters a lot, and most of the time, those counters put the taunt back on though.

If you use him, make sure you put plenty of tenacity on him, because when he's debuffed, his counter chance is cut in half.

Scarif Rebel Pathfinder might be the better tank. His health, protection, and armour are all better, his basic gives TM, he has a more traditional taunt (that comes with AoE damage and debuffs), and he revives if he dies with any buffs. He's a cantina farm, so that's a bit of a conflict for you, but you can get him in the Fleet store as well, but then you're at the mercy of the cycle.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I have to say that after recently farming up Old Ben for only 8 Cantina energy, I am so glad I did. So easy to farm. Mind Tricks and strike me down are awesome. He is a badass as he should be. I immediatly put him on my Arena team, improved about 75 spots, and even though I am under geared with an average of 20k less GP people leave me alone.

If you use a fast Thrawn to swap TM with him and he gets Mind Tricks off early, the other team is hosed. I dont even have his taut zeta yet. Highly recommended.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    General Kenobi is the best rebel tank. Duh

?

He’s not a Rebel...
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options

Only problem with him is I cant stop farming Lando.

I'll bet you can if you try.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Blaze

Makes me laugh every time I see it.
  • Options
    On newer shards STH+Lando is a great combo, it destroys phoenix on both offense and defense.

Please note I said newer shard so if you can beat sth+Lando with phoenix congrats! New shard phoenix teams simply don't have the offense to cut through sth before Lando has hit you 3+ times and killed Hera and Ezra. Boba Fett works well in that lineup too, an early ability block can really ruin someone's day.
  • Options
    Hoth rebel soldier hands down best rebel tank because he's a support with taunt
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Baze (with Chirrut) or Old Ben
  • Options
    What @Hoffman72510 said. Since you haven't 7*'d Lando yet, my guess is that you're still somewhere in the 70s level-wise. STH is probably the best option here in the short term. If your shard is plagued with Phoenix (as it most likely is at that level) then Phoenix teams will get crushed by you, especially with a fast Boba to ability block, allowing Han to keep the taunt up. You must have a fast Han for this mechanic to work - Lando's speed isn't as important because he's gaining TM from all of the counters going against Han. Phoenix doesn't have a lot of damage, but STH will still need gear. If your shard has already grown out of Phoenix, then Old Ben is a far better choice. The only downside is the number of carbs and guns he needs to get out of G9. Past that, he's superior in every way to Han.
  • Options
    Don't forget about Chopper, he's a rebel too and is much better than either K2 or STH.
  • Options
    Baze (with Chirrut) or Old Ben

I already posted, but since there are so many really random answers, i wanted to emphasize this post.

In high end arena, there are only 2 viable rebel tanks. Old Ben and Baze.

Dont waste your time with anything else, tbey are all way too squishy.
  • Options
    STHan is very good.

Old Ben is probably better.

K2SO is absolute dog's mess.
  • Options
    Old Ben is hands down the best tank. He doesn't need chirrut like baze. He has two zetas, which rock arena.
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Mobewan wrote: »
    In high end arena, there are only 2 viable rebel tanks. Old Ben and Baze.

I think you meant Old Ben and GK, never see Baze in the top any more. Only see Old Ben with JTR. GK is everywhere.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    GK is not a rebel.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Besides baze, the best rebel tanks are:

- Old Ben: after the rework he's pretty solid if you manage to give him some decent speed. He takes tm from every enemy while giving annoying debuffs.He even has zetas.
    - stHan: he's overall pretty good. He takes tm, he's quite fast and he gives tm when hit, which is pretty good with the taunt. He's also relatively easy to gear.
    - R2: yes, R2. You can build him to be a tauntless tank. He's fast as a bullet and overall the best support in the game.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Seriously, why does no one else mention Chopper? He's an easy farm, has a lot of health and prot with a lot of health and prot regen built in, is really fast, can assist other droids/Phoenix, can stun opposing droids, can remove buffs, and best of all requires no zetas to be maxed. Given @BobcatCityzen 's farming goals for his team Chopper is the obvious choice.
  • Options
    kevsmart wrote: »
    Seriously, why does no one else mention Chopper? He's an easy farm, has a lot of health and prot with a lot of health and prot regen built in, is really fast, can assist other droids/Phoenix, can stun opposing droids, can remove buffs, and best of all requires no zetas to be maxed. Given @BobcatCityzen 's farming goals for his team Chopper is the obvious choice.

Because he's fast and taunts for just one turn. See, the two things don't go fine together.
  • Options
    Taken on individual merits, OB is probably the best. If you have them in the correct team, however, I'd argue it's Kanan. He gains an insane amount of extra power by being in a Phoenix team, and his kit really starts to shine there.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    kevsmart wrote: »

Because he's fast and taunts for just one turn. See, the two things don't go fine together.

Being fast was one of the benefits you just gave in STHan's favor. And we're not talking end game arena here, we're talking someone who is leveling up and building his roster. Chopper fits directly in with the OP's farming plans where STHan directly conflicts with Leia and OB conflicts with Lando.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Taken on individual merits, OB is probably the best. If you have them in the correct team, however, I'd argue it's Kanan. He gains an insane amount of extra power by being in a Phoenix team, and his kit really starts to shine there.

Phoenix team is a masterpiece of sinergy, really the last very good brain work from the devs. Anyways, they have their huge downside: if you don't use ezra and Sabine together, they just can't deal enough damage, but if you use them both, they'll be too fragile (you would have to leave either chopper or zeb out). They're simply capped: they can't do good over a certain limit. Nevertheless, they're a very strong and adaptive team, especially in LSTBs and HAAT. But they won't bring you over 100-50 in the arena. Kanan could be a good vice-GK but he's too slow and he's almost useless without the rest of the squadron.
  • Options
    I assume we talk about arena mode, yes?

Depend on ur shards.. if ur enemies haven't got GK yet, simply baze is the best rebel tank. U haven't got baze yet? old ben will do the trick. Due to release of new chars with very high damage attack, st han is not realible nowadays.