Who is the best 5th to an Ep lead DV ShT Thrawn 5th squad

Prev1
Olddumper
3000 posts Member
edited February 2018

Who is the best 5th to an Ep lead DV ShT Thrawn 5th squad 99 votes

DN
26%
Zombie961Nikoms565cuyler415555Joseph_QuinndvdcisnerosWaquiSaKaEm3Dark_Helmet152HovahdoArdpa_Res0ugpeeeeDryffJasFonzDarthApokIznogudKnightyThiffArdenPulsarPutnam 26 votes
DT
9%
STRIKEBOMBBrtStlndPuddis95jackv11Horse_2318_darthnemesis1yuuzhanronThe_Real_Dark_LightTalilover 9 votes
Tarkin
26%
SarcodinoxlX_Snow_XlxReddstormPhernDelmonYoungSpeedRacerCharlo999OlddumperShannonP35SITHPLAGUEProximaB1_ProGhandeArwenaraTeshKarhannstarplatinumpinkfloydMinetaridgeFunderboltsSnokeonaUnicornRoopehun 26 votes
TFP
2%
BuffbeardoMano 2 votes
MagmaTrooper
0%
GK
22%
Daddyngo007Itsatrap5000ReyCharlesHuatimusMike7169LordInuyPlooshFaapsag12RigglerDamba_BaJaVCnRegaliaWkj312C_KwaiewqewqcZn997Go_CubsRevanComingSoonGlueygluon 22 votes
other
14%
leef6The6Bull6TooLGebuttersnapsAsenaneogeohunterGoodgilRacerDejakDipsterFiddleMasterDarthMatt2004Snowlock2017JijackCanaBrainWiper 14 votes

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    other
    Starck =D
    (needs some further testing)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Another tank.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Stormtrooper should be on the list
  • Options
    Replace **** Vader with DN. Then go with GK aß 5th. See what happens.
  • Options
    other
    Tarkin/DT for attack mode, GK for defence
  • Options
    other
    Royal guard
  • Dark_Helmet152
    529 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    DN
    I've had good luck with DN, DT, GMT and MT. Hard to say who is the best. I am anxious to try sith marauder there as well.
  • Options
    Tarkin
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Another really fun offense mode is Ep TFP Tarkin Thrawn and Vader.
  • Options
    other
    Olddumper wrote: »

They are gruesome and very fast.. don't even need tank. Can wipe enemies in 2-3 turn lol :lol:
  • Options
    Drop shore and use GK+DN.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Looks like Tarkin the the favorite option! Gotta gear him up and try.
    I've tried GK and DN, both did well on offense but GK does better on defense. Will be trying MT and TFP next as I have them geared.
  • Options
    DN
    Izza wrote: »
    Looks like Tarkin the the favorite option! Gotta gear him up and try.
    I've tried GK and DN, both did well on offense but GK does better on defense. Will be trying MT and TFP next as I have them geared.

tfp is fast but he's abit squishy. don't really work well on AI defence. If against a raid han team, he gets ko immediately if first shot. I don't have GK so I use zarriss instead and I feel she's not half bad. My arena squad: zzEP (L), zzVader, zDN, zarriss, zThrawn
  • Options
    Tarkin
    That was easy.
    Tarkin, the sleeper.
    He'll also put the enemies to sleep, and stay there.
    Grandma Tarkin I call 'er.
    Hit the gym.
  • Options
    Tarkin
    Tarkin is already a great toon, but under ep Zeta lead he is a TM feeding machine
  • Options
    other
    Get rid of Vader, put in DT and Krennic. You won't regret it.
  • Options
    Tarkin
    Tarkin hands down!
    Until Marauder arrives.
  • Options

They are gruesome and very fast.. don't even need tank. Can wipe enemies in 2-3 turn lol :lol:

What would you guys suggest for an empire team from my line up. I've been running Palp(L), Vader, Thrawn, Shore and Storm. Zeta on all other than Palps lead. I have been holding up pretty decent in the arena and not dropping very far but it just doesn't have that punch I want to get better results.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/banj0/
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Tarkin
    Banj0 wrote: »

What would you guys suggest for an empire team from my line up. I've been running Palp(L), Vader, Thrawn, Shore and Storm. Zeta on all other than Palps lead. I have been holding up pretty decent in the arena and not dropping very far but it just doesn't have that punch I want to get better results.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/banj0/

First and foremost zeta his lead. Without his zeta you may be running the best comp. Once you zeta him just refer to this thread.

So far Palp(L), Vader, Thrawn, Shore and Tarkin seems to be the consensus with Palp(L), Vader, Thrawn, Shore and DN not far behind.

I think the Tarkin squad has a higher ceiling and the DN squad has a higher floor for each battle. Also, I didn't check your mods but if you have junky mods just run the Palp(L), Vader, Thrawn, GK and DN meme, great on offense but sub optimal for D. Also without ShT it doesn't clobber NS the same way.
  • Options
    Tarkin
    leef wrote: »
    Starck =D

Any news on this? He is much better than I thought
  • Options
    DN
    I just want to throw this out there: Vader lead also can work very well. Especially with a fast Thrawn in the mix. Vader AoE's dropping everyone's TM, then AI for Thrawn almost always uses Grand Admiral's Command to bump Palp who stuns and knocks everyone's TM down again. DN then does his AoE, Thrawn fractures....pretty much whoever, then it's Vader's turn again. I have all 4 at 200+ speed and they rock even the best JTRey teams.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Tarkin
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I just want to throw this out there: Vader lead also can work very well. Especially with a fast Thrawn in the mix. Vader AoE's dropping everyone's TM, then AI for Thrawn almost always uses Grand Admiral's Command to bump Palp who stuns and knocks everyone's TM down again. DN then does his AoE, Thrawn fractures....pretty much whoever, then it's Vader's turn again. I have all 4 at 200+ speed and they rock even the best JTRey teams.

While all this may be true, Thrawn lead will always keep vader from ever dominating arena again.
  • Options
    DN

While all this may be true, Thrawn lead will always keep vader from ever dominating arena again.

Perhaps....except that virtually no one runs Thrawn lead anymore. I finished #1 yesterday with Vader lead, Palp, Thrawn, DN and GK - and the only "new" zeta was Palp's unique. And it was easy. November 2015 shard.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Gebuttersnaps
    478 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    other
    IPD

Edit: Tarkin is good too.
  • Options
    Tarkin

Perhaps....except that virtually no one runs Thrawn lead anymore. I finished #1 yesterday with Vader lead, Palp, Thrawn, DN and GK - and the only "new" zeta was Palp's unique. And it was easy. November 2015 shard.

Right I honestly expect it would be. And it would actually be much easier with wampa. The problem is, if everybody were to start using your squad the guy using Thrawn zEP ShT Zylo and DT would be able to sit in 1st place. So Zader will always cap around 20 percent usuage on the meta report. Wampas daze could be the secret sauce to helping vs a Thrawn lead but up too this point it has been such spite that I doubt it fixes everything.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    other
    leef wrote: »
    Starck =D

Any news on this? He is much better than I thought

That's probably it, "better than i thought". I was suprised he was doing so well on offense, i got a little overexcited.
    I switched to DN (6* unfortunately) to see if i drop further/less far on def. On offence both work just fine against pretty much all teams. I'm gonna give tarkin a try in a couple of days.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Tarkin
    I'm assuming people picking GK are just guessing and haven't actually tried it. GK on this squad goes full turtle mode. He just sits around debuffed and ability blocked and hardly gets a turn. ShT kinda does this but if he isn't dazed he can get into the swing of things quickly due to the TM gain.
  • Options
    Use GK along with shore. That's my plan.
  • Options
    Tarkin
    @Sacull_Kinslayer I tried and others shard mates as well, it doesn't work properly, that squad need more firepower, not more tanks.

Watch Marauder come out within 3 days and the threads whining to nerf empire squad will pop out all over foruns :D
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Tarkin
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    @Sacull_Kinslayer I tried and others shard mates as well, it doesn't work properly, that squad need more firepower, not more tanks.

Watch Marauder come out within 3 days and the threads whining to nerf empire squad will pop out all over foruns :D

You are definitely right about GK adding no fire power to a squad that really could use more. I'm not sure Marauder will be the answer though. He looks more like a set up toon for a different sith based squad, with integral parts yet to be released.

Can Somebody explain what they mean by that 2 percent TM gain? Is it more or less somebody assists or attacks out of turn and he gains 20 percent tm?
    Post edited by Olddumper on
  • Options
    DN
    I'm assuming people picking GK are just guessing and haven't actually tried it. GK on this squad goes full turtle mode. He just sits around debuffed and ability blocked and hardly gets a turn. ShT kinda does this but if he isn't dazed he can get into the swing of things quickly due to the TM gain.

With Thrawn, you use Admirals Command to clear the debuffs on GK and then he cleanses everyone else and gives them retribution. Unless it's not needed, in which case GK does what a tank does - eats damage. Honestly, with a Vader lead, the other team doesn't get to go all that often.