Splash Screen Observation - Y Wing

Prev13
MntMan
281 posts Member
OK. Maybe to change the subject a bit from all the topics these last couple weeks regarding updates.

Did anyone else notice on the splash screen as it loads the game there is a Y wing fighter? Does this mean it may make an appearance and who might it's pilot be? Dutch? Pops? Dex? Evaan Vertaine? Keyan Farlander? Wes Janson?

Discuss.

Replies

• Psilosin
    163 posts Member
    Options
    A-Wing was on the old splash screen...sadly never amounted to anything.
  • Options
    It's just artwork, "Jedi luke" has been on loading screens too..
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Ha!. Trying to divert on a new subject as the other ones in "General" are getting beaten to death. Don't kill it before it starts. LOL.
  • Jxm82
    13 posts Member
    Options
    I think an older screen had a bwing as well plus tie interceptors. Means nothing most likely.
  • Options
    We need porkins with the fatty boom boom ability.
  • Cridiron
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, if it's a ship it probably isn't coming, nothing happens with ships... lol
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    No new ships or ship raid??!!
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Being a unit on the spashscreen that isn't already in the game seems to be the surest way of never getting added to the game.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    you are name dropping..

we all know that if the y-wing came into the game, we would get "yellow leader" with it.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    you are name dropping..

we all know that if the y-wing came into the game, we would get "yellow leader" with it.

Colonel Starck says hi. :D
  • Options
    You mean the length of Qui Gon Jin's saber never made you chuckle?
  • Options
    Also Kenobi in his jedi garb on the cover now as well
  • Options
    I have been waiting for this new loading screen ever since Fall. Seriously.
    I was shocked when they updated the game icon and play store cover and the loading screen didnt change.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't mean anything.
  • Options
    A wing and Y wing were both on the old back splash. They'd have to create new rebel characters to pilot those and I REAALLLYY don't want more rebels...we just got the Sith back. Let's be happy with that for a while.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    General Gievous is also in it, so maybe something will be in store for him? And I know he was in the last one, and look how that turned out. Also, what makes me mad is that chewbacca is still on the title screen, and we haven't gotten a bersion of him that is worth anything, and even in a new video ad for the game, he is seen flying the falcon. Starkiller base can also be seen in the background, so maybe there's something new with that? And there's obviously ROTJ Luke, but I'm not sure that he'll be added so soon. There's also, oddly enough, Obi-Wan specifically from episode 3, so who knows? Maybe if they release a generic rebel pilot, he'll fly the Y-wing?
  • ott0bot
    101 posts Member
    Options
    I’m waiting for the “Jumbo Lightsaber” Qui Gon.
  • Options
    Anyone who's played Battlefront knows EA doesn't know about B- Wings and just noticed that people like Y-Wings. ;)
  • Options
    Nobody seems to notice the 3rd star destroyer in the top left corner
  • Options
    Ever since ships were announced all I wanted was to have a squadron of Y Wings. I couldn't care less if they're obsolete around the Battle of Yavin, I love them. Unfortunately nothing happened with them. No Gold Squad. With Rogue One there was another chance to bring them in, but no, we got 2 U Wings instead that no one really gives two hoots about. B Wings would also be nice, as would A Wings, but it looks like ships were jammed into the game because the community kept hounding the forums for it, but now the focus is on new raids, TB & TW.

Starkiller Base is also on the splash screen now too (was it on the previous loading screen?) (And please don't let that be a precursor for a terrible tfa raid based around yeehaw pilot Poe...)
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ever since ships were announced all I wanted was to have a squadron of Y Wings. I couldn't care less if they're obsolete around the Battle of Yavin, I love them. Unfortunately nothing happened with them. No Gold Squad. With Rogue One there was another chance to bring them in, but no, we got 2 U Wings instead that no one really gives two hoots about. B Wings would also be nice, as would A Wings, but it looks like ships were jammed into the game because the community kept hounding the forums for it, but now the focus is on new raids, TB & TW.

Starkiller Base is also on the splash screen now too (was it on the previous loading screen?) (And please don't let that be a precursor for a terrible tfa raid based around yeehaw pilot Poe...)

I totally agree with you on the Y-Wings although personally I wanted A-Wings as well more! And you wanna know what I wanted even more? Tie Bombers and Interceptors! ;-)

The world defining original trilogy and we don‘t even have a proper imperial/rebel armada nor full troops.
    Even if it does‘t make much sense, I would love to field a proper (working with the game as it works, meaning one-ofs) old school trooper team...
    Storm Trooper, Heavy Storm Trooper, Magma Trooper, Storm Trooper Officer and maybe an Imperial Officer
    (There are so many more Trooper types... inferno, shock, etc....)
    Instead I have to make cross planet/purpose Teams as a patchwork team. Give me my wall of shines white imperial ground troops!

Don‘t introduce so many „heroes“ while the real heroes are the grunts...
    #maketheEmpiregreatagain

In all seriousness: I love the game but I honestly regard it as false advertising if the loading screen does not show what you actually can get, even if there are plans in the future... they are not here and no word when or if they might appear... until then per definition: deceptive false advertising! (Misleading illustrations... you advertise with something your product does not deliver and intentionally so!)
  • LordDirt
    5008 posts Member
    Options
    Padme was on one screen for awhile and she still hasn’t arrived
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    If this was true we would be getting a starkiller base toon. Wait....there is no first order legendary character....Starkiller base confirmed!!!
  • Options
    For ships: Tie Defender--Tank that is as good as Biggs. Scimitar Assault Bomber--Thrawns design. Tie Interceptor--High speed attacker
    Grievous as a fleet commander or at least with his starfighter.
    Lassic the Chosen
    "Might or Magic, All will fall before the Chosen"
  • Options
    If we went off of loading screens then we would have had Aurra Sing a LONG time ago.
  • Options

I am quite sure Y wings will come. They are bombers in the movies, maybe CG is trying to concept them as such. Glasscannon ship that takes a few turns to load up the fatman strike... Too bad Bobba already beat them to it.

All the wings... Everyone seems to move Y wings, A wings, B wings... Where is the love for the C wings?
    The spicy, delicious chicken wings are the only wings worth having a debate over..
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    T4NM4N26 wrote: »
    A wing and Y wing were both on the old back splash. They'd have to create new rebel characters to pilot those and I REAALLLYY don't want more rebels...we just got the Sith back. Let's be happy with that for a while.

A-wings were also quite prominent in TLJ, I am expecting we will get that A-wing pilot (Lintra or whatever is her name) and her ship soon. So far, we have got precious little from the movie.
  • Options
    MntMan wrote: »
    OK. Maybe to change the subject a bit from all the topics these last couple weeks regarding updates.

Did anyone else notice on the splash screen as it loads the game there is a Y wing fighter? Does this mean it may make an appearance and who might it's pilot be? Dutch? Pops? Dex? Evaan Vertaine? Keyan Farlander? Wes Janson?

Discuss.

If we get a new rebel pilot my guess is Wes or another Rogue for Jedi luke event.

The roster stands:
    Cls
    R2
    Hermit yoda
    Captain han (50/50)

Rolo is, imo, unlikely for the 5th spot as she isn't with luke during the battle of Hoth and is only briefly seen by luke on bespin. Which leaves the most likely candidate as a Rogue. Now they could be nice and use wedge, maybe reworked with a zeta. But after the JTR event I wouldn't put it past them to release Wes, Hobbie or another Rogue in vet smuggler fashion.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    Nobody seems to notice the 3rd star destroyer in the top left corner

If you look at the antennae above the bridge, you'll notice that all of the ships are imperial I class Star destroyers, and since there are already 2 in the game (chimera and executrix) I doubt they will add another, as after ANH, the empire switched to imperial IIs, and before that, there are very few notable imperial officials that both flew imperial Is and don't already have their own ship in game. Either that, or I'm just a nerd that looked way to far into this, and CG just doesn't really care what ship models they use for a title screen that only appears for a few seconds. Probably the second one.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Had an A-wing on the last splash screen. Never received one.

Y-wing being there has no meaning.