Splash Screen Observation - Y Wing

Replies

• Cossin
    301 posts Member
    Options
    For ships: Tie Defender--Tank that is as good as Biggs. Scimitar Assault Bomber--Thrawns design. Tie Interceptor--High speed attacker
    Grievous as a fleet commander or at least with his starfighter.

How can you forget TIE Phantoms? ;-)

• Droideka
    615 posts Member
    Options
    Ads from over a year ago have shown B1 battle droid as being a playable character, and we still don't have him. Being on a loading screen means nothing.
  • Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    Nobody seems to notice the 3rd star destroyer in the top left corner

If you look at the antennae above the bridge, you'll notice that all of the ships are imperial I class Star destroyers, and since there are already 2 in the game (chimera and executrix) I doubt they will add another, as after ANH, the empire switched to imperial IIs, and before that, there are very few notable imperial officials that both flew imperial Is and don't already have their own ship in game. Either that, or I'm just a nerd that looked way to far into this, and CG just doesn't really care what ship models they use for a title screen that only appears for a few seconds. Probably the second one.

Some might say nerd, I say a man of culture
    But yeah, last screen had TLJLuke on it and the screen came and went without him... I feel a bad aftertaste for products that advertise something that is not available, even if they have plans for it in the future...
  • Options
    MntMan wrote: »
    OK. Maybe to change the subject a bit from all the topics these last couple weeks regarding updates.

Did anyone else notice on the splash screen as it loads the game there is a Y wing fighter? Does this mean it may make an appearance and who might it's pilot be? Dutch? Pops? Dex? Evaan Vertaine? Keyan Farlander? Wes Janson?

Discuss.

If we get a new rebel pilot my guess is Wes or another Rogue for Jedi luke event.

The roster stands:
    Cls
    R2
    Hermit yoda
    Captain han (50/50)

Rolo is, imo, unlikely for the 5th spot as she isn't with luke during the battle of Hoth and is only briefly seen by luke on bespin. Which leaves the most likely candidate as a Rogue. Now they could be nice and use wedge, maybe reworked with a zeta. But after the JTR event I wouldn't put it past them to release Wes, Hobbie or another Rogue in vet smuggler fashion.

Lando seems plausible.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    We need Dash Rendar and the Outrider like yesterday.
  • Options
    At this point in the game, they don't need new pilots - just ships for all the pilots they have!!

But seriously, every Republic era Jedi had their own ship, and we've just barely given all of them their ships. Raid Han, one of the galaxy's most famous pilots? Only flying the seat of his pants for now. Commander Luke and R2 without an X-wing? Just makes me sad.

I'm kidding a little, but the truth is that the prequels drowned us in characters and ships, the original trilogy established most of the iconic ships, but there weren't all that many to be honest ( or were so generic they never got an official pilot of any sort ) and the sequels have been a desert. Rogue One alone did more on that account than both Force Awakens and Last Jedi combined.

So they're stuck with an era of characters that are waiting on their ships to be added, and two eras of characters that have lots of ships with no identified pilots, or almost no ships at all that aren't already added. I honestly think they're in a bit of a pickle.

I'd say give Farmboy Luke a T-16 Skyhopper, but those are technical speeders, and it still doesn't do anything to balance out the eras or the factions. It's a mess right now, I'm looking forward to seeing how they approach it.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @MCThr33pio Farmboy Luke should get his Red 5 X-Wing from the Death Star assault. It would breathe life into an old character that needs it: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157994/when-do-we-get-to-dust-crops

Han Solo and Chewie without a ship is silly. No Seperatist Capital ship is silly (hello Grievous/Dooku/Nute?). No Padme is silly as she could come with a Naboo Royal (plus Ric Olie and a Naboo Starfighter). Many of the Bounty Hunters have ships (IG-88/IG-2000, Bossk/Hound's Tooth, Dengar/Punishing One, etc. etc. etc.)...they still don't have Baron Soontir Fel, instead opting for TWO generic first order pilots and one generic imperial pilot.

While some of the current ship decisions are puzzling at best, there's at least a TON of room to grow in this regard (though we will likely never see any of the characters/ships I just listed).
  • Options
    Obviously we are all waiting for Jedi Luke does the splash screen mean we will get him this year. Hate to think about the characters we will need for him and more than likely that it will be a second part to his first. What does the community think about this?
  • Options
    Red herring. Also shows a Y-wing and Starkiller Base.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Splash screen means nothing.
  • Dagon
    105 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Probably we will need Captain Han Solo, Rebel Officer Leia Organa, Hermit Yoda, R2-D2 and who knows, maybe even some Ewoks....
    Post edited by Dagon on
  • Options
    One tier is space battle vs space worm!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    One tier is space battle vs space worm!

That would mean getting original Falcon, likely as a legendary, along with original Chewie as a pilot, all shortly before the Jedi Luke event hits. Yeah, we can definitely expect this.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Options
    Just to be safe, farm all EP 5 toons, so Lando, ROLO, Hermit Yoda, R2, CLS, CHolo, and Lobot
  • Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Just to be safe, farm all EP 5 toons, so Lando, ROLO, Hermit Yoda, R2, CLS, CHolo, and Lobot

And Wampa. And Imperial Probe Droid.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    First splash screen had cls but we never got him.
    Second screen was Jedi Luke but we got cls.
    Don’t believe the hype but like everyone is saying be prepared with all toons 7*.
  • Options
    Jedi Luke was on the old splash screen too. Means nothing.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Captain Solo, Officer Leia, Yoda ep5, Luke ep5, Ben.

If i had to guess those are the ones we will need.
  • EclecticsScott
    369 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    There’ll be something needed that we don’t have yet. Has to be a panic farm quotient. 3PO maybe.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Options
    There’ll be something needed that we don’t have yet. Has to be a panic farm quotient. 3PO maybe.

This. If it's to be a Hero's Journey, something will be conspicuously added three months ahead, that we will obviously need at 7*.

We won't need Hermit, would too greatly restrict possible participants (and therefore, possible spenders)
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    Options
    The splashscreen means nothing. He's been in the game's artwork since its inception. But, I would expect him to enter as leading the sith-destroyers just after traya takes over arena. That's how things are done around here.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Disagree: The way this game is organized players are always looking for guilds to have acess to end game content, so needing Yoda wouldn't mean restricting spenders.

But i agree with EclecticsScott about they will most likely create another character for people to panic farm and buy packs before the event.
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    Options
    Viserys wrote: »

This. If it's to be a Hero's Journey, something will be conspicuously added three months ahead, that we will obviously need at 7*.

We won't need Hermit, would too greatly restrict possible participants (and therefore, possible spenders)

What do you mean? Everyone in the bigger guilds who have been farming hermit yoda from the start already has him at 7*. No one is alienated. It's your choice if you don't have him by the time of the event. And the last minute character is obviously gonna be force ghost ben, which makes me nauseous just thinking about it. In Luke's journey, he learns Jedi 101 from ben, 201 and 301 from yoda, then 401 from dead ben. Haha. Or something like that.
  • Options
    MntMan wrote: »
    OK. Maybe to change the subject a bit from all the topics these last couple weeks regarding updates.

Did anyone else notice on the splash screen as it loads the game there is a Y wing fighter? Does this mean it may make an appearance and who might it's pilot be? Dutch? Pops? Dex? Evaan Vertaine? Keyan Farlander? Wes Janson?

Discuss.

If we get a new rebel pilot my guess is Wes or another Rogue for Jedi luke event.

The roster stands:
    Cls
    R2
    Hermit yoda
    Captain han (50/50)

Rolo is, imo, unlikely for the 5th spot as she isn't with luke during the battle of Hoth and is only briefly seen by luke on bespin. Which leaves the most likely candidate as a Rogue. Now they could be nice and use wedge, maybe reworked with a zeta. But after the JTR event I wouldn't put it past them to release Wes, Hobbie or another Rogue in vet smuggler fashion.

That's a good point. But can't have r2 in there. They would never allow a character everyone necessarily has at that point. Has to be all separate acquisitions.
  • Dagon
    105 posts Member
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=wdqRydQ8ggw
    Viserys wrote: »

Hermit Yoda will surely be needed, count on that
  • Options
    On Luke/R2 + Red 5 or Han and Chewie + Falcon, I’ve had this idea for an interesting mechanic for a while now: make pilots swap-able. Have a single Red 5 that either Farmboy Luke or CLS can pilot with different kit. Same thing for the various Hans, Chewies, and Reys for the Falcon.

You could make the Arc-170s generic with the clones all adding different kit. Same thing with generic Jedi Fighter and being to use any of the various Jedi.
  • Options
    Dagon wrote: »
    Probably we will need Captain Han Solo, Rebel Officer Leia Organa, Hermit Yoda, R2-D2 and who knows, maybe even some Ewoks....

dohbtful.

Can’t make money off of those toons unless they make them farmable right before which will just make people who farmer them in territory battle store angry.

They aren’t going to release a legendary toon that can’t be panic farmed though.
  • Options
    Even the game changers are talking about him now but I agree may be along way out but time flies in this game.