Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum) Phoenix Tagging

When Ahsoka was first released, I realize there was some hesitance to tag her with Phoenix. As other characters and teams have increased in power and synergy, it no longer seems problematic to do so.

Giving ATF the Phoenix tag would add another option to new players looking to compete in the Thrawn challenge and Phoenix territory battles, and just in general another flexible spot to the limited Phoenix roster.

Replies

• Options
    +1, only after they add Agent Kallus (dark Side), Kallus Fulcrum (light Side with Phoenix tag), and give Rogue 1 toons their own tag. Thanks.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    With Traya getting a stronger version of Ahsoka's unique for sith teams, there's clearly no problem in balance giving Fulcrum her Phoenix tag anymore. With the rebels series just wrapped up, a quick Ahsoka / Phoenix highlight would be nice.
  • Options
    If it were just Ghost squadron, then it would make sense for ATF to not have the tag, but since it IS Phoenix, she should definitely have the tag
  • Dooly66
    6 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    +1 on my end for sure. I've been side farming Sabine for a bit now but it would be great to have another character to add to the Phoenix roster. The last few episodes of Star Wars Rebels cemented Ahsoka as an important part of the Phoenix Squad's story. Please make this happen!
  • Options
    Oh, the combination of Kanan's debuff heal, Fulcrum's debuff cleanse, Chopper's health regen, and Zeb's protection regen would make Phoenix so much more infuriating in their defense.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Oh, the combination of Kanan's debuff heal, Fulcrum's debuff cleanse, Chopper's health regen, and Zeb's protection regen would make Phoenix so much more infuriating in their defense.

Yes, yes it would. It would make Phoenix viable in Arena again.

• Options
    You could also swap Zeb and Chopper for Sabine and Ezra for the climb in Arena and put Zeb and Chopper in on the last battle for defense
  • Options
    You could also swap Zeb and Chopper for Sabine and Ezra for the climb in Arena and put Zeb and Chopper in on the last battle for defense

The possibilities are endless!
  • DedrickRogue
    924 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    A: She isn’t and wasn’t ever in Phoenix squad. She was the Rebels’ Fulcrum information agent, and occasionally helped out when a situation was over their heads.

B: I love Fulcrum Ahsoka, but she wouldn’t even be an improvement in Phoenix. Phoenix doesn’t pass out that many unique buffs reliably enough to take advantage of Meditate-Whirlwind. Zeta Kanan handles cleansing the whole squad just fine already. Plus you’d have to drop a core Phoenix member, with a solid unique; all for 30% Crit avoidance and 5% heal per Buff.
    It would be amazing to have atf as a phoenix member and to allow for some of her cleansing ability to be shared. It would make Phoenix able to compete against the ep meta and give another viable sith raid team.

There’s no way Phoenix would have any better shot vs EP, even with Fulcrum. All Rebels & 2 Jedis make Vader insanely fast, and shock pretty much ruins them. By the time they chip through Shore multiple would be dead already.
  • Options
    A: She isn’t and wasn’t ever in Phoenix squad. She was the Rebels’ Fulcrum information agent, and occasionally helped out when a situation was over their heads.

B: I love Fulcrum Ahsoka, but she wouldn’t even be an improvement in Phoenix. Phoenix doesn’t pass out that many unique buffs reliably enough to take advantage of Meditate-Whirlwind. Zeta Kanan handles cleansing the whole squad just fine already. Plus you’d have to drop a core Phoenix member, with a solid unique; all for 30% Crit avoidance and 5% heal per Buff.
    It would be amazing to have atf as a phoenix member and to allow for some of her cleansing ability to be shared. It would make Phoenix able to compete against the ep meta and give another viable sith raid team.

There’s no way Phoenix would have any better shot vs EP, even with Fulcrum. All Rebels & 2 Jedis make Vader insanely fast, and shock pretty much ruins them. By the time they chip through Shore multiple would be dead already.

A. She may have been the Rebel’s Fulcrum, but she did several missions with Phoenix Squadron. She was not a part of Ghost squadron, but if Old Ben gets the Rebel tag, despite having only ever done one thing for them and never actually joining them, then Fulcrum can get the Phoenix tag.

B. I think you’re underestimating the power of Kanan’s Unique with Ahsoka’s once spread amongst the entire team. Total debuff Immunity is nothing to scoff at, especially with the 10% Health loss is more than compensated for by the 25% Health gain from Kanan’s Unique that happens when the gain the buff. I disagree on their not being enough buffs to take advantage of Meditate-Whirlwind. Kanan puts out defense up, Sabine gives Offense Up and Crit Chance, and Chopper gives a random buff every time he attacks. It’s not Murder Bear levels of buffs, but it’s seems like enough for her to use.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Fulcrum consistently worked with Phoenix as their primary intel agent (and all the wiki's have her with Phoenix on her affiliations, usually as one of it's commanding officers). Remember that Phoenix is the entire squadron under Commander Sato, including the stolen carrier, corvettes, Y-wing and A-wing squadrons and their support crews. We're not just talking about the Spectre group.

I also think you are underestimating Ahsoka's synergy. With the Phoenix tag, she would get the shared passives (crit chance, crit damage, increased protection and protection regen, counter change etc) and Phoenix would be much immune to getting stunlocked. Also remember that shock wouldn't stick vs Ahsoka's passive. Status effect lockdown is basically Phoenix's biggest weakness. I think Ahsoka would be a tremendous help.

edit: just fyi, for buffs phoenix can generate - offense up, speed up, defense up, crit chance up, protection up, tenacity up and foresight. 6 is pretty good for whirlwind, on top of her own ability to produce retribution, protection up and foresight.
  • Options
    Most of those are needing Chopper to take numerous turns, which takes some time to set up. Compared to running her with R2-Leia, or STHan, or even R1, it just seems slow.

I’ll give you shock wouldn’t stick if they got her debuff, but I never really have had an issue with Phoenix getting debuff-locked. I run Kanan at 70% tenacity, and he keeps everyone clean.

I have a g12+2 zeta Fulcrum, and a Kanan zeta g11 Phoenix squad; and I’d have a really hard time dropping any of their uniques for her. You need Hera Kanan and Chopper minimum, and likely Zeb for unique. So drop Ezra for her? Pass, he does very similar damage and fits the group much better(massive TM gain, Buff wipe, assists, ect.)
  • Options
    Chopper has a built-in assist and Kanan gives him counter attack. Chopper ends up attacking quite a bit, spreading around random buffs for Fulcrum to focus onto a single source.
    Still not a he.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Most of those are needing Chopper to take numerous turns, which takes some time to set up. Compared to running her with R2-Leia, or STHan, or even R1, it just seems slow.

I’ll give you shock wouldn’t stick if they got her debuff, but I never really have had an issue with Phoenix getting debuff-locked. I run Kanan at 70% tenacity, and he keeps everyone clean.

I have a g12+2 zeta Fulcrum, and a Kanan zeta g11 Phoenix squad; and I’d have a really hard time dropping any of their uniques for her. You need Hera Kanan and Chopper minimum, and likely Zeb for unique. So drop Ezra for her? Pass, he does very similar damage and fits the group much better(massive TM gain, Buff wipe, assists, ect.)

The only buff chopper gives that isnt found elsewhere is speed up. Are you not running Sabine? Sabine and Kanan are the two current best characters on the team.
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

You are giving solid reasons to not include her in your Pheanix team. But adding her gives more diversity and options to a tag with only 5* characters to pick from, and more teams to put ATF into. It does not matter at all if they become more powerful.

* I know they are 6, but for all of us who did not farm Sabine in GuildStore it is not realistic to even consider her in ours team until 2019.
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

You are giving a solid reason to not include her. But it is not about making Phoenix more powerful, it is about diversity in a tag with only 5* members to choose from.

* For us who did not farm Sabine in time in the GuildStore, it is not realistic to consider her in our teams before 2019.
  • Options
    I'd be fine with her getting the tag - however it won't mean anything during the current Meta

And if your ATF is geared up enough to matter, say, for TW, then you're going to be efficient and put ATF in a more robust Rebel group and keep your classic Pheonix members together anyways.

I got this problem with NS and will have it with Ewoks... these 7-8 person factions leave you with these loose ends that aren't able to coalesce into a meaningful groups are a real kitten in TW.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    As someone who runs a full 5x zeta g12 Phoenix team in arena, getting Fulcrum would make a huge difference. They perform well overall, but even with Kanan's cleanse are prone to being stunlocked or especially turnlocked by Nihilus in an emperor team. Phoenix is unusually synergistic and dependent on all characters taking their actions. Getting Ahoksa would really improve a lot of matchups.

...in addition to it just being the right thing to do lore wise, and boosting faction options for content in general. Plus, compared to NS and Ewoks, Phoenix has the advantage of also having rebel and or jedi tags - so the characters left off the main squad are still quite viable on other teams.
  • Options
    Like in TW. If you use ATF in Phoenix, then Ezra could prove to be very useful in a Jedi Squad. His synergy with Hoda has already been proven.