Increased numbers needed for TW has broken our guild.

Gavsta
202 posts Member
We're a guild at between 90m & 100m.... we have a mix of a couple of whales, a load of day 1 (ish) FTP/dolphin players, a few mid-range players... and a few newbies to pull them along.
The increased number requirements (from 25 to 28 per territory) may on paper be simple... but in practice doesn't take into account non-participation, weak guild members & the ability to do anything on offence.
This TW, 6 of our guys joined... but now have decided to jump ship.
Can u please return it to the previous figures... or don't assume that we can put more teams down
25.... for non-militant guilds... is a massive amount per territory. The increase means we've put some seriously weak teams down... and will struggle to do anything on offence.
I've heard rants... complaints... etc regarding this from the likes of Ranger at Reality Skewed Gamers. I wanted to put a more sedate slant on it... but he has a point. We play for fun.... yes its a grind at times... but we enjoy playing.... (and big pat on the back for the sith raid!).
But... this increase is making peeps move away from swgoh.

Replies

• Doug
    11 posts Member
    Options
    It's worse than you know, a full guild of 50 vs another full guild of 50 will have 35 squad spots per territory, these drastically reduces the chances of a tie because most guilds can't fill all of the spots and still attack.
    Trash squads are inevitable if you want to have any offensive ability.
  • Options
    You saying that GP isn't factored in? Only number of players per side?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    1. Have all members participate (or if they don't participate, tell them to not sign up at all).
    2. Let people with weaker rosters set fewer teams, and people with stronger rosters set more.
    3. Plan how you balance your defense vs. your offense. If you only set strong defensive teams it's your own choice to have a weaker offense. It's all up to you.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    It has one advantage though. You've got more use for your weak toons because the enemy can't fill all 35 slots with great toons either.
    I don't like it though, not sure why they felt the need for a double tie breaker (def slot increase + variable banner earnings). Either one would have done the job, but i must say i personally would have like a different tie breaker altoghether.
    As for breaking up the guild, our priority now lies with the sith raid, so "we" as a guild care less about TW. I've noticed other guilds feel the same way judging by the TW scoreboard. We're around 130m GP, so it's not like we're only facing really casual guilds.
    My TW routine usually ends in getting frustrated and dropping half my roster on a single team wich i wasn't able to beat the first go around due to RNG, user error or just not selecting a good enough team in order to save toons for later. Yea, i don't like TW very much xD
    Save water, drink champagne!