Ewok Help Need

giphy.gif
I know they aren't "meta", but I think Ewoks are a ton of fun, and I'd like to start using them more often. I've got some questions for the Murder Bear aficionados among us:
  1. How important is speed? It seems to me that Ewoks get most of their turns from turn meter manipulation rather than speed, and they tend to have low base speed. I normally like to put a set of speed mods on my toons, but I'm thinking of skipping that with my Ewoks. Is this a bad idea?
  2. Who should be the fifth Ewok? I plan to use Chirpa as a leader along with Ewok Elder, Logray, and Teebo. I'm torn between Scout, Wicket, and Paploo for the fifth Ewok.
  3. Defensive or Offensive? Ewoks seem to have a lot of health regeneration synergies, so should I focus on defensive mods to maximize their survivability or offensive mods to give them some teeth? Or a combination thereof?
  4. What am I missing? Are there any Ewok tips/strategies that I'm missing?

Replies

• SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    Nice I wish I saw ewok and droid teams more
  • Options
    I'd love to see an epic Ewok vs. Jawa match...
  • Options
    Wicket and Paploo are both good, scout should be ignored
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve gone back to Ewoks in arena lately and am pleasantly surprised as how well they can do...

I’ve tried a lot of variations but I feel like Chirpa (L), Elder, Logray, Paploo & Wicket are the strongest setup. (I’m using a fully zeta’d twinked out Ewok team... all 7* except wicket who is still at 5*)

Here’s some answers...

1- Speed is always important... but most important on Paploo in this team... the Ewoks are a fantastic player controlled team and Paploo moves super fast with his unique (Vader rarely can even out-speed him). Use him to trade turns with wicket and then use wickets stealth on him in return to give him taunt... usually wicket goes again and does his aoe in stealth (avoiding any counterattacks and giving a ton to TM to the team)... that’s the ideal first turn of action and usually after that you can just click auto and win most battles ;)

2- 5th Ewok... see above. You can do well with other teams (like using Fulcrum or other characters) but I honestly feel the setup Im using works the best vs most teams you will face

3- mods... a lot of health is useful... especially when you start adding g12 pieces in there. Wicket and Chirpa should be primarily offensive... the rest defensive. Speed is king and you want a lot of it... even though the Ewoks can allow for lower speed with the TM gains they get naturally it’s still always nice to move faster and more often...

4- Strategy is key with the Ewoks... a lot of it just comes from playing them and knowing when to use certain abilities and when... like I said above they are an amazing player controlled team.
    They won’t do great on defense so you have to maintain your rank throughout the day... they can easily beat all current meta teams and I’ve been taking top spots with them since I started using them again... it’s a super fun team and somehow very rewarding when they wreck some “Uber team” and are barely even scratched...

Here’s my .gg link if you want to see nhow I have mine set up at the moment...

https://swgoh.gg/u/smapty/
  • Options
    Thank you, @Smapty ! That was some awesome intel!
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    I made a video just today of the Ewoks vs a Rex squad... would be a tough team for most meta squads but it’s just right for some nasty Ewok full auto action ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E_O2-Nzg8Vc
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    Without watching the video, that's a seriously weird team comp. What does MT do for them? Not to mention two tanks and two supports?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    It's a plague you to death squad.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »

Yeah that’s the point of the opposing team.. plague should theoretically dwindle your team down while you struggle against the tanks
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    I’ve gone back to Ewoks in arena lately and am pleasantly surprised as how well they can do...

I’ve tried a lot of variations but I feel like Chirpa (L), Elder, Logray, Paploo & Wicket are the strongest setup. (I’m using a fully zeta’d twinked out Ewok team... all 7* except wicket who is still at 5*)

Here’s some answers...

1- Speed is always important... but most important on Paploo in this team... the Ewoks are a fantastic player controlled team and Paploo moves super fast with his unique (Vader rarely can even out-speed him). Use him to trade turns with wicket and then use wickets stealth on him in return to give him taunt... usually wicket goes again and does his aoe in stealth (avoiding any counterattacks and giving a ton to TM to the team)... that’s the ideal first turn of action and usually after that you can just click auto and win most battles ;)

2- 5th Ewok... see above. You can do well with other teams (like using Fulcrum or other characters) but I honestly feel the setup Im using works the best vs most teams you will face

3- mods... a lot of health is useful... especially when you start adding g12 pieces in there. Wicket and Chirpa should be primarily offensive... the rest defensive. Speed is king and you want a lot of it... even though the Ewoks can allow for lower speed with the TM gains they get naturally it’s still always nice to move faster and more often...

4- Strategy is key with the Ewoks... a lot of it just comes from playing them and knowing when to use certain abilities and when... like I said above they are an amazing player controlled team.
    They won’t do great on defense so you have to maintain your rank throughout the day... they can easily beat all current meta teams and I’ve been taking top spots with them since I started using them again... it’s a super fun team and somehow very rewarding when they wreck some “Uber team” and are barely even scratched...

Here’s my .gg link if you want to see nhow I have mine set up at the moment...

https://swgoh.gg/u/smapty/

All excellent information. To add to it if you can't get paploo fast enough to outspeed Vader (I don't have the mods for it) you can dropped ee for solo. He is only really needed for 2 moves and the second is just a bonus stun.
  • Options

I disagree.

Chirpa logray paploo wicket elder all maxed G12 and zetaed.

Nightsister squads are the easiest of the current meta teams, I actually auto these fights with manual targeting.

Standard CLS squads are easy.

JTR are reasonably easy too, provided you don't get RNG screwed.

Zarriss is a pain in the bum, careful targeting and ability use you can usually still win (but will timeout a lot)

Empire post rework - don't even bother, against a squad with good-excellent mods you will never outspeed Vader and in lucky to sometimes even get a single turn (I have +95-+110 on all my ewoks).

Interestingly, sometimes when elder gets killed first I still manage to win convincingly - which makes me think perhaps he could be replaced by scout for dmg/TM reduction or Teebo for the dispell/insta 100%tm.

Haven't geared scout or Teebo to try, but the standard 5 are a great squad - they suck in all the raids though.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »

I disagree.

Chirpa logray paploo wicket elder all maxed G12 and zetaed.

Nightsister squads are the easiest of the current meta teams, I actually auto these fights with manual targeting.

Standard CLS squads are easy.

JTR are reasonably easy too, provided you don't get RNG screwed.

Zarriss is a pain in the bum, careful targeting and ability use you can usually still win (but will timeout a lot)

Empire post rework - don't even bother, against a squad with good-excellent mods you will never outspeed Vader and in lucky to sometimes even get a single turn (I have +95-+110 on all my ewoks).

Interestingly, sometimes when elder gets killed first I still manage to win convincingly - which makes me think perhaps he could be replaced by scout for dmg/TM reduction or Teebo for the dispell/insta 100%tm.

Haven't geared scout or Teebo to try, but the standard 5 are a great squad - they suck in all the raids though.

You can disagree all you want. @ProximaB1_ comment was an answer to a question about the opposing team, nothing about ewoks not beating NS

Someone asked:
    TVF wrote: »
    Without watching the video, that's a seriously weird team comp. What does MT do for them? Not to mention two tanks and two supports?

So an answer was given:

That is design of the other team weather it works against ewoks or not, as was explained here also

Yeah that’s the point of the opposing team.. plague should theoretically dwindle your team down while you struggle against the tanks

Reading is fundamental
  • Options
    I made a video just today of the Ewoks vs a Rex squad...
    27donu.jpg