RG or Stormtrooper?

I currently run Thrawn(L),Vader,Tarkin,TFP and RG in Arena,all at G10 except RG who is at G9. Should I replace RG with Stormtrooper?No one is zetaed.

Replies

• Options
    Replace RG with shoretrooper if u can. He is viable even at 3*
    Or replace him with a g.10 or g.11 if possible sion.
    Sion is also viable at 3*
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    While replacing Sion or Shore would be your best bet, you probably don't have them yet.

I would go Storm over RG
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Royal Guard is... an interesting unit with some nice features that don't really work that well in practice. They are more a tank you put on a B or C string Empire team for Territory Battle and Territory wars, rather than a primary character for your long-term arena team.

In an all-Empire team, Stormtrooper is very good and very tough. Once you start talking those Emperor Palpatine Empire/Sith hybrid teams, Stormtrooper becomes a lot squishier. Shoretrooper is generally regarded as the best Empire tank, particularly when you have a Thrawn you don't want disabled before he can Fracture somebody, but is very difficult to get. Shoretrooper and Stormtrooper together are an infuriatingly tough defensive line, which does quite well on Thrawn led teams.

However, to answer your question, yes. Replace Royal Guard with Stormtrooper.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I like RG - and he may be better in more of a mixed Dark Side team.

Stormtrooper is better in a pure Imperial Trooper team.

But Shoretrooper is the best Dark Side tank, hands down.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    Royal Guard had how kit designed before launch, and he hasn't changed yet. Gaining taunt when allies drop below 50% health was a lot more powerful before protection came along. While he definitely works as a tier b tank in almost any Empire lineup, it doesn't change the fact he's a tier b tank.
    Stormtrooper has TMR, irresistible expose, trooper synergy, and is way more iconic. Is choose him over RG any day.
    That being said, the best Imperial tank is probably Shore, the best DS plug-and-play tank is probably KRU, and a good EP team doesn't need a tank anyway. So take that under advisement.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    There is G12 RG in my top 30 of a 2016 shard. Has like 110k EHP. Shore and Storm are better but RG has uses. Theorycrafting but RG (and Sith Trooper) would be better with Visas Mar because they would always have buff immunity cleansed and can Auto-Taunt unlike Shore or Storm.

Honestly I think hes probably best used under a Gar Saxon right now because of the counters and he stuns and speed down with his basic. That is how I use him in TW. Gar Tarkin TFP RG and Tusken Shaman. Its not meta but fun to play around with in GW. The counters also power up Tarkins AOE and he can get his big AOE a few turns faster.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    There is G12 RG in my top 30 of a 2016 shard. Has like 110k EHP. Shore and Storm are better but RG has uses. Theorycrafting but RG (and Sith Trooper) would be better with Visas Mar because they would always have buff immunity cleansed and can Auto-Taunt unlike Shore or Storm.

Honestly I think hes probably best used under a Gar Saxon right now because of the counters and he stuns and speed down with his basic. That is how I use him in TW. Gar Tarkin TFP RG and Tusken Shaman. Its not meta but fun to play around with in GW. The counters also power up Tarkins AOE and he can get his big AOE a few turns faster.

I like very much that comp, maybe ShoreT instead of Tusken shaman?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

I like very much that comp, maybe ShoreT instead of Tusken shaman?

Yeah Shore works anywhere, but for TW I use him in Troopers team. TSham gets a bonus heal amount for each debuffed enemy, and between RG Tarkin TFP and Gar you get the maximum bonus almost everytime. I think with Bonuses its close to largest heal in game. He works ok.