I’m actually pretty happy with the team

Chowders_Thiccness
17 posts Member
edited April 2018
Between ships getting changed, making talzin and wicket farmable, the bounty hunter rework and addition of bossk , the role back of sith raid rewards and the inclusion of two new events im pretty happy. I had just been hitting that slump where i had most of the characters i wanted. I feel like im actually motivated to farm the bounty hunters right now and it feels nice. Im also glad that they seem to be making marquee event characters very useful recently except for a couple whe we won’t mention cough cough rose and holdo cough cough. So i just gotta say thanks devs and keep up the good work.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Agreed
  • Options
    Holdo is allegedly very useful, ironically. In direct contrast to her role in the movie lol
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    We haven't seen the ships in action yet, MT and Wicket are "farmable" on one hard node each and the BH rework is a mixed bag at best. But go ahead, keep your youthful optimism.
  • Options
    Holdo is very good for TW! Put her on a resistance team with Rey and your constantly healing protection and health as if BB8 and Finn did not already
  • Options
    I am also happy with the recent updates all of a sudden I have a lot to focus on and farm. Plus we have the solo stuff coming up which will bring extra content.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    We haven't seen the ships in action yet, MT and Wicket are "farmable" on one hard node each and the BH rework is a mixed bag at best. But go ahead, keep your youthful optimism.
    8 hard nodes each day at a minimum is much better than 10 shards a month. And i believe a test was done and bounty hunters did 4% on one of the sith raid phases so thats pretty good. And as for ships we have seen gameplay of the new version. And i for one am interested in the game play. and on top of that we are getting a new pve table so thats great. So i would say none of this is optimism
  • Options
    Already favourited Bossk. Gonna try and make him stronger, and really get bounty hunters a solid defnce for sith raid
  • Options
    I have had the pleasure of meeting many of the devs when we were in Sacramento. They're good people working hard and they're smarter than most of us lol. I feel like some positive changes are in place and in the works. Good to see something other than negativity for once! :)
  • Options
    Yes, get the feeling I joined at the correct time.

This way the changes to fleet will be what is rather than me having to adjust to another way right after. 10 more levels which is another week at best, probably week and a half.

Bossk being marqueed saves me a little rime and gives me a bounty hunter which I'll be needing as the expenses are increasing.

I hear the new event has gone for the health tank route which is standard.

8 nodes a day should be permanent IMO but nice all the same.

Al in all a good turn of events.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Between ships getting changed, making talzin and wicket farmable, the bounty hunter rework and addition of bossk , the role back of sith raid rewards and the inclusion of two new events im pretty happy. I had just been hitting that slump where i had most of the characters i wanted. I feel like im actually motivated to farm the bounty hunters right now and it feels nice. Im also glad that they seem to be making marquee event characters very useful recently except for a couple whe we won’t mention cough cough rose and holdo cough cough. So i just gotta say thanks devs and keep up the good work.

While I'm totally sympatico with you on being happy with the devs, I've got a big disagreement about Holdo and Rose. They're hiiiiighly under-rated.

Holdo works well under either Rey or Finn. Under Finn you want to stack Potency. She's going to crack a lot of Exposes if she AoE's after Poe taunts which will reset her AoE and daze a good amount--I've got her at 66%, which isn't enough to daze everyone every time, but spamming that AoE every turn or every other turn will smash. Under Rey you stack crit and now she's Poe whose mass expose does damage instead of reducing TM and can heal when needed.

Rose works under Rey's leadership. Her basic can double tap, potentially proc'ing Rey's leader ability twice per turn. Her speed is good, but her zeta means she's going to go fast as hell and can spam out attacks. Combined with either Poe (either leader) or Holdo (Rey leader) she's going to get a good amount of bonus offense.

These are good characters. Folks just like crapping on them because they had a problem with the movie or whatever. In game they have a simple kit, but simplicity doesn't hurt when it's simply good.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

While I'm totally sympatico with you on being happy with the devs, I've got a big disagreement about Holdo and Rose. They're hiiiiighly under-rated.

Holdo works well under either Rey or Finn. Under Finn you want to stack Potency. She's going to crack a lot of Exposes if she AoE's after Poe taunts which will reset her AoE and daze a good amount--I've got her at 66%, which isn't enough to daze everyone every time, but spamming that AoE every turn or every other turn will smash. Under Rey you stack crit and now she's Poe whose mass expose does damage instead of reducing TM and can heal when needed.

Rose works under Rey's leadership. Her basic can double tap, potentially proc'ing Rey's leader ability twice per turn. Her speed is good, but her zeta means she's going to go fast as hell and can spam out attacks. Combined with either Poe (either leader) or Holdo (Rey leader) she's going to get a good amount of bonus offense.

These are good characters. Folks just like crapping on them because they had a problem with the movie or whatever. In game they have a simple kit, but simplicity doesn't hurt when it's simply good.

I don’t run finn res in arena and i also don’t have jtr unlocked yet so both of these people are useless to me. I also say that they are useless because there are people who can do their jobs better. They may be good toons but there are ones out there that get the job done better.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    That doesn't make any sense.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SithGodSaint
    17 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I believe adding extra tries for hard nodes was a good move. In addition to that the communication and involvement from the devs has been greatly improved since I started the playing the game last year. I’m impressed with the dev involvement. A huge shoutout to @CG_Carrie for hopping on the Game Changers videos and sharing new ideas and content with the community. Keep up the stellar work!
  • Options
    ljcool110 wrote: »
    They're good people working hard and they're smarter than most of us lol.

They do a great job- it's a good game.

Second point - rather a blanket statement old boy ;) these folks ain't curing cancer or sending rockets to Mars.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    8 hard nodes each day at a minimum is much better than 10 shards a month. And i believe a test was done and bounty hunters did 4% on one of the sith raid phases so thats pretty good. And as for ships we have seen gameplay of the new version. And i for one am interested in the game play. and on top of that we are getting a new pve table so thats great. So i would say none of this is optimism

Of course the hard nodes are better, but it is still painfully slow and with high competition to boot, so nothing I would be too thrilled about.
    Could you please provide some link for the test? I have seen only reports here saying that their damage was drastically reduced, and the sky-high tenacity of the raid bosses will still prevent most of the TDs.
    As for ships, I agree that what they decided to show us looks interesting, but I choose to remain wary until I get to experience it myself.
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    i love how they use youtubers to pass the kool aid around
  • Options
    ljcool110 wrote: »
    They're good people working hard and they're smarter than most of us lol.

They do a great job- it's a good game.

Second point - rather a blanket statement old boy ;) these folks ain't curing cancer or sending rockets to Mars.

So glad you told me you’re a Brit. Reading your comments in an accent makes them better lol

@NicWester really interested in these comps. Rose, Holdo, and Spirit are my phase 2 grinds.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    After an atrocious first quarter by the devs, I am also looking forward to the ship updates and the current state of the sith raid is decent.
  • Options
    People playing this game don't realize how lucky they are to have such a fantastic team of devs. They actually care about The free to play.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Looks like you spilled some of that kool aid and made your blanket rather wet.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty happy as well. My biggest complaints are (1) not giving us enough heads-up on events, (2) lack of mod management, (3) lack of officer tools and (4) lack of chat options. And I believe they're working on all four of those.
  • Options
    Just posting general agreement, dev communication and actions have been much better (though I think they also got unfair flak for what were presumably higher-up decisions out of their hands!).

And, being happy going into May 4th means I'm much more likely to spend real money then, even if only crystals.
  • Options

Because if someone likes something you don't then they must be crazy? And they can't just like different things?
  • Options

Because if someone likes something you don't then they must be crazy? And they can't just like different things?

Now you're getting how the forums work!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Yea it’s great until you realize you can only gear them up to level 7, maybe 8 and then you can only use them in Galactic War like the other 80 characters that are useless. No wait you can “deploy” them in a territory battle which is absolutely thrilling.
  • Options
    idk if it was said already, but here I go. Yes there is only 1 HM for Wicket and MT. But they both also still have their events that'll pop up. And as said earlier by another, I'd rather have 5-8 tries every day to get them, over the 5 shards they drop a month in events. I nearly have shore maxed so happy to see a way to farm these two now.
  • Options

Of course the hard nodes are better, but it is still painfully slow and with high competition to boot, so nothing I would be too thrilled about.
    Could you please provide some link for the test? I have seen only reports here saying that their damage was drastically reduced, and the sky-high tenacity of the raid bosses will still prevent most of the TDs.
    As for ships, I agree that what they decided to show us looks interesting, but I choose to remain wary until I get to experience it myself.

It's supposed to be painfully slow because they're both characters that you have to want to take to 7*. I just finished off talzin last week using shipments and refreshing her event every time. Didn't spend a dime and mostly finish top 50 in arena (with a handful of top 100 payouts), so it's not like I'm swimming in crystals, I just made the choice to go there.

Considering how good she is, I think the single hard node may even be a little too generous...
  • Options

It's supposed to be painfully slow because they're both characters that you have to want to take to 7*. I just finished off talzin last week using shipments and refreshing her event every time. Didn't spend a dime and mostly finish top 50 in arena (with a handful of top 100 payouts), so it's not like I'm swimming in crystals, I just made the choice to go there.

Considering how good she is, I think the single hard node may even be a little too generous...

That was also the goal of the wicket and talzin events - the same time length as a hard node farm or a little more. It’s a lot faster now. Also the 2 zetas are fantastic. With some great crystal planning you can cruise through it. Shipments, hordnodes to 8 attempts now and the event that you can refresh.