Sandbagging Guilds Ruining TW

My guild has done fairly well in TW as of late, but as we pushed into the 50million GP zone, we have gotten non stop guilds who sandbag their GP by only queing their best members. So while we que a full 46-50 every time, they are queing 35-40 of their top players. This gives them a lower GP but much better overall members and they get to face lower guilds. This is kind of ridiculous and would be nice if CG was able to implement some sort of a fix. Maybe number of participating players needs to be at or near equal because we are putting a lot of work into TW but get mauled by these sandbagging guilds.

Replies

• Options
    They could base it on total Guild GP instead of those participating. Easy enough to determine, and it would motivate complete guild participation and development.
  • Options
    We're basically getting guilds with overall 10-30million gp advantages on us that just underque members to drop into a lower bracket of guilds to secure wins. It kinda ruins moral in our guild getting unfair matchups like this. Would be one thing if we were getting destroyed by similar level guilds. Just back to the drawing boards, but its just guilds that are gaming the system. I'd agree that in some cases total guild GP would be a benefit because they'd be forced to target full participation.
  • Options
    It’s a known problem but they say oh those guilds don’t get the best rewards then so no issue.
  • Options
    Pretty sure they said the new matchmaking would match up based on similar rosters, G12 characters, and Zetas or something along those lines. If it was doing that correctly, we'd at least be weeding out some of the sandbaggers. Doesn't seem to be working effectively though or maybe its just the 50million gp mark that people are targeting or something but its happened the last three consecutive wars. You either get stonewalled or steamrolled. Doesn't matter what your strategy is against em they just outright have better rosters and leave out anyone bellow a certain gp threshold.
  • Options
    It’s a known problem but they say oh those guilds don’t get the best rewards then so no issue.

Penalize all instead of offending a few. *facepalm*

• Options
    I agree, some sort of fix would be nice, sandbaggers are ruining the best part of the game for most players. All the top guilds are doing it also. Last few TW’s we have had we were up against 160m+ guilds and we are just over 100m.
    You watch You Tube? Well even those guys guilds are doing it, I know as we have faced them. Why? I do not know, I can only assume they don’t want to go up against a guild as powerful as them?

The only solution is to do what they do, but that means half your guild won’t be able to take part..

Will there be a fix? Doubt it as it will upset the whales, so just do it there way and stop moaning. The current system of total GP has always been to easily manipulated. It’s like fighting just based on age, imagine a fight between two 25yr old cage fighters against ten 5yr olds... no contest lol

Shame, as it really was enjoyable win lose or draw... as long as it was a fair fight. But it’s just not anymore...
  • Options
    I have a feeling we're going to be continuing our losing streak this time around--and that we'll see lower morale and enthusiasm for TW in the future because of it--if only because our guild is so hard to match-make for appropriately. We have GP's ranging from 2 million to 250 thousand--and have had difficulty winning TW since our first 2 mil player joined; not that I'm not happy to have them or anything--and are continuously matched against smaller numbers of players with larger and deeper rosters than ours. I would rather think that it's just down to the way matchmaking works--looking for the highest end squads that are similarly matched within a GP range--rather than something the enemy guild is doing to be actively malicious.

This time we're 40 against 30 with our 40 mil GP to their 57 mil GP. Wish us luck, forum folk.
  • Options
    I have a feeling we're going to be continuing our losing streak this time around--and that we'll see lower morale and enthusiasm for TW in the future because of it--if only because our guild is so hard to match-make for appropriately. We have GP's ranging from 2 million to 250 thousand--and have had difficulty winning TW since our first 2 mil player joined; not that I'm not happy to have them or anything--and are continuously matched against smaller numbers of players with larger and deeper rosters than ours. I would rather think that it's just down to the way matchmaking works--looking for the highest end squads that are similarly matched within a GP range--rather than something the enemy guild is doing to be actively malicious.

This time we're 40 against 30 with our 40 mil GP to their 57 mil GP. Wish us luck, forum folk.

Welcome to the world of not being a cutthroat guild. We routinely face guilds with anywhere between 20m and 50m more than us. We look at it as garunteed rewards for 2nd, and we always do our best to beat them. We beat a guild with 30m gp more than us in a recent TW. Strategy does play a part. Do your best, and focus on what you do well.
  • Ulic_24
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Not the end of the world. I’m in a ~100M GP guild and our last two TWs have been against guilds 19M and 21M GP higher. We lost the first by 200 banners and stomped the second. This current TW is another 21M in opponents favor and we’ll go tooth and nail again :)
  • Options
    I’m not saying that this ‘sandbagging’ as you’ve termed it doesn’t happen, but from my own experience not everyone in our guild wants to take part in TW and as it’s not mandatory we tend to have around 30-35 people taking part.

In addition by the time the second one comes around we generally drop to around 27 participants.

Perhaps the issue isn’t Sandbagging but that a lot of people find it a chore or just don’t enjoy the PvP aspect.
  • Options
    Ulic_24 wrote: »
    Not the end of the world. I’m in a ~100M GP guild and our last two TWs have been against guilds 19M and 21M GP higher. We lost the first by 200 banners and stomped the second. This current TW is another 21M in opponents favor and we’ll go tooth and nail again :)

To be honest, last TW we done we set our best teams on defence and then just let them have ago at us. Didn’t want to give them the satisfaction of seeing how their teams performed on defence. We didn’t even attack once.... just say back and collected rewards for second place, what else is there to do?

I hope CG are looking at participation, as if more guilds are doing what we are them they will see it fall dramatically. They might do something about it if that happens.

As I said, I have no idea why the big guilds are doing this, why don’t they want to have a fair fight? Which reminds me, I need to eat that left over chicken madras from last night.... yummy
  • Options
    Versatti wrote: »
    I’m not saying that this ‘sandbagging’ as you’ve termed it doesn’t happen, but from my own experience not everyone in our guild wants to take part in TW and as it’s not mandatory we tend to have around 30-35 people taking part.

In addition by the time the second one comes around we generally drop to around 27 participants.

Perhaps the issue isn’t Sandbagging but that a lot of people find it a chore or just don’t enjoy the PvP aspect.

I think you have nailed a couple very important points.
  • Options
    I love how every time someone sees a not full guild in territory wars it's sandbagging. I'm in the same boat as Versatti, in my guild we don't force anyone to participate but we suggest and post reminders. We average around 35 per war.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    We need a MEGA thread for all these TW complaint threads.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    #twIsKitten