Droids in Arena

Poxx
2288 posts Member
edited May 2018
Been a long time.

88 and IPD have quite the synergy, between aoe AB and target-locks that prevent gaining buffs, prot or health.

BB8 and R2 r a great duo as well.

If these 4 r put under a HK lead, BB8 becomes the tank, prot is bolstered by R2 and regens thru BB8 unique. Besides Raid Han, an equally modded Vader under EP won't b as fast as these droids out the gate w/ a +40% tm boost to start.

Opening salvo should b able to drop 1 toon on the opposing side and cripple their 1st turn.

Looks good on paper.

Any thoughts ?

Just like if I want it to rain, I wash my car...i am sure going all-in on droids will force a droid rework and invalidate my team tho lol.

Replies

• CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    Options
    They're not going to do much as far as I can see.

• Jay_1997_C
    213 posts Member
    Options
    Someone ran hk bb8 r2 IG-88 and IPD on my shard recently and was pushing top 20, was trying my FO team against him and I got battered
  • Jay_1997_C
    213 posts Member
    Options
    This from a launch shard
  • Teweedo
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like a pretty cool and original team to try out either way. Props for coming up with it.
  • DasMurich
    245 posts Member
    Options
    A build like this was what I was hoping for having placed a zeta on 88. But, as I stated elsewhere it's broken - shocker. And the whole reason I want it is I just need the variety and a new fun-team.

I've landed target lock on opponents in arena and it doesn't prevent health or protection recovery. Target Lock on BB? He'll evade and recover both. Target lock on Han? He'll fire off 2 rounds and his health climbs back up.

This buggy, broken zeta business is getting old, fast.

The problem with all droids is if your BB taunts, Thrawn breaks him and he's then rendered virtually worthless from the get go. You could bring in Chopper because he's got a lot of utility in a droid team but it's still a toss up.

I think the team would need 1 non-droid toon if BB is part of the group, but there's got to be a tank, 88 is squishy. Very squishy.
  • BnBTobacconist
    665 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    yep I had the same idea just don't have the extra zetas for 88/IPD yet.. I don't think HK is the best lead though, might be rex.. but that combo is definitely deadly on those two and can definitely be arena worthy
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    I've always used droids in arena. Problem with droids is there is no "one team" you can use to beat everyone. Against empire I use HK,R2,BB-8,88, and IPD (5*), and even with my terrible mods I can beat any empire team quite easily (but against teams with +130 speed Vader I need some good luck to win). Against CLS or RJT I swap out 88 for chopper, but these matches aren't always a win. If I lose its usually because one of the tanks takes both the fracture and RJT's 2 special abilities (which mean they die turn 2). Right now I finish top 2 everyday (rotate with another) on a March 2016 shard. Its not an easy road to take, but its what I like best.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    I've always used droids in arena. Problem with droids is there is no "one team" you can use to beat everyone. Against empire I use HK,R2,BB-8,88, and IPD (5*), and even with my terrible mods I can beat any empire team quite easily (but against teams with +130 speed Vader I need some good luck to win). Against CLS or RJT I swap out 88 for chopper, but these matches aren't always a win. If I lose its usually because one of the tanks takes both the fracture and RJT's 2 special abilities (which mean they die turn 2). Right now I finish top 2 everyday (rotate with another) on a March 2016 shard. Its not an easy road to take, but its what I like best.

Your droids are very impressive, you must be very proud.
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    I auto the Mythic Tier of Forrest Moon event vs Ewoks with: HK, BB, R2, K-2, and Chopper. They drop those bears with great efficiency. I'm sure other droids could work with HK, R2, and BB...

As far as arena, I was shown some stuff with 88 and 86 that was quite impressive... but was told that timing of 88's AoE is important... happens too fast vs a counter team and the team breaks down really fast.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard