FO team for bb8/mod challenge

uhdea
49 posts Member
I was looking at FO chars and it seems that KRU, KR, CP, FOE, and FOO are the fastest to farm. if I get those to 7* would they be able to beat the 7* bb8 and tier 3 mod challenge battles? It will be a while until my guild is able to compete in territory battles so offense mods are the immediate priority, with bb8 being secondary.

Replies

• Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    The only problem with those being the fastest to farm is with both Kylos and executioner that is a lot of cantina farming it might be beneficial to do FOTFP at the same time as between hard nodes and the fleet store you might be able to get him before finishing all 3 cantina farms
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    That team will do fine at around gear 9, but darthpedro is exactly correct. Also, you should join a good guild.
  • uhdea
    49 posts Member
    Options
    I thought about the cantina reliance, but figured it would be the best route to take since I'm using LS/DS energy to farm rey and RT at the moment
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    Well your right if that is your plan but I would focus down on one of the two at a time either resistance or first order. Now I'm not sure how far along you are with any of those characters and exactly where you plan to use them but there may be some room to postpone one character or another.
  • uhdea
    49 posts Member
    Options
    I figured it mathematically made sense- 16 attempts/day at the LS/DS farming with a 25% drop reate = 4 shards a day.
    i boost cantina 3x a day so at 10 energy I get 13 shards/day at the 25% drop rate. By the time I max those 3 cantina FO characters I'll have rey/RT done (assuming I started at 0 for each) and can move on to finn in cantina
  • uhdea
    49 posts Member
    Options
    I guess the variable would be if FOTP instead of FOE would be able to do bb8/mod challenge at g8 instead of g9 then it would be more time efficient to go after FOTP
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    FOTFP at gear 8 should be fine depending on mods I had no trouble with BB8 and while I only 2 starred the tier 3 mod challenge i realized after i had no mods on any of my first order so im gonna say that wont be a problem either. I also did both with Phasma lead which is inferior to KRU lead.

Also I'd prioritize getting ready for BB8 since that is a time sensitive event over getting resistance trooper for the resistance squad especially since you still need to do Finn as well.

Why offense mods by the way? While useful they are usually outshined by crit chance/damage sets on 90% of characters
  • uhdea
    49 posts Member
    Options
    I figured that FO for bb8 would be able to do offense mods along the way (which would be better than health mods or potency mods only... which is what I have now), and I would be able to get up FOE faster than FOTFP. Going to focus on getting jawas and scoundrels up after FO/resistance as cantina/cantina store/light and dark side farming/etc open up

• Caljr
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Zeta KRU Lead and Zeta KR, put them with good mods equipments X and its done, Zeta KR alone equipments XI with good mods have chance
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    uhdea wrote: »
    I figured it mathematically made sense- 16 attempts/day at the LS/DS farming with a 25% drop reate = 4 shards a day.
    i boost cantina 3x a day so at 10 energy I get 13 shards/day at the 25% drop rate. By the time I max those 3 cantina FO characters I'll have rey/RT done (assuming I started at 0 for each) and can move on to finn in cantina

No, Rey and RT take a long time. you should definitely be farming their hard nodes too not just the guild store.
  • Options
    the mod challenge is not hard - you don't need 7* g8 guys to do it.

BB8 is a different story, but I don't have an answer for that yet as I haven't cleared it myself.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • uhdea
    49 posts Member
    Options
    Was doing just the hard nodes for them. Was getting up jawa engineer to 5* from guild store, now that that's done I can start to buy shards there to speed it up.
  • Naminef
    34 posts Member
    Options
    The vets take FOREVER to farm for JTR. Use all of your cantina on them until they're done. Its by far the worst farm in the game and you have to have them at 7* to get JTR
  • Options
    Naminef wrote: »
    The vets take FOREVER to farm for JTR. Use all of your cantina on them until they're done. Its by far the worst farm in the game and you have to have them at 7* to get JTR

The grind is real.
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    FOTP is an easier farm then FOSFTP. and fotp hits extremely hard, and he doesnt aoe, wich is nice against phoenix teams. ive made post about fo setup and there was these chars that mostly got recommended, kru, kylo, fotp, fost executioner and foo. depending on where i am after i 7* my team, migth just sub in phasma cause i can get easy 7* just for event if im not getting executioner or get my fost to 7* in time.
  • Options
    I did mine with just Kylo in gear 11 with zeta and the rest very low, even FOST and FOO were on gear level 2, of course they died right away but zylo did all the job
  • Wrotton
    88 posts Member
    Options
    Get Kylo ren to G10-11 and you can pretty much wreck face. If you hare having trouble, put arena mods on your First Order.

First order is easy to farm:

Kylo Ren
    Kylo Unmasked
    First Order Officer
    First Order Tie Pilot
    First Order Executioner

You can also put in Phasma but she is underwhelming.

KRU is the best cantina node.

First Order Storm trooper is good but that is a long farm. Easier to geat Kylo Ren to G-11.

Here is a handy farming guide
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z0mOMyCctmxXWEU1cLMlDMRDUdw1ocBmWh4poC3RVXg/htmlview#