Galactic war frustration

I am 73 levels and in GW I always forced to fight bunch of 80+ level characters in full 7 stars with IX gear level I'm loosing every time. I don't get gear, I don't get creds, I get nothing. This must be stopped!

Replies

• Options
    Build a better squad and you will manage it .
  • Options
    Another one of these.. What teams are you using should have an A, B and C squads.. use lesser squads even as sacrifice to get enemy to use use up abilities
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    Git gud.

Seriously, farm phoenix, and make them higher power than your arena team.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    it gets easier, we all went through it.

keep focus and you will get through it.
  • Options
    dat3010 wrote: »
    I am 73 levels and in GW I always forced to fight bunch of 80+ level characters in full 7 stars with IX gear level I'm loosing every time. I don't get gear, I don't get creds, I get nothing. This must be stopped!

I were in the same situation once. It is a real struggle, but it became easier over time, and after a 1-2 months of farming secondary teams and gear I could complete it almost every time.
    After some time It will become a joke, and you will be able to sim it after you complete it 150 times. Believe me, it will be much easier as you progress with both level and roster.
  • Options
    Same **** lvl 85 responses that acknowledge but don't address the problem. Just suck it up until you have a more diverse roster isn't a solution. You all complain about the frequency of these threads, but that should make you realize that it's a pretty widespread issue. New players are getting frustrated that they don't have the roster diversity to take down war, and war is one of the main ways new players diversify their roster. They shouldn't have to fight against teams that have abilities or characters that are inaccessible to them and the fact that you did and lost a bunch of wars because of it, doesn't mean anything.
  • xeynx
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Callyx wrote: »
    Same **** lvl 85 responses that acknowledge but don't address the problem. Just suck it up until you have a more diverse roster isn't a solution. You all complain about the frequency of these threads, but that should make you realize that it's a pretty widespread issue. New players are getting frustrated that they don't have the roster diversity to take down war, and war is one of the main ways new players diversify their roster. They shouldn't have to fight against teams that have abilities or characters that are inaccessible to them and the fact that you did and lost a bunch of wars because of it, doesn't mean anything.

I hear you and agree with you! I've been there myself. I've been level 77?, I think, with a Phoenix squad in G7 gear getting pitted against an 85 full zeta DN/sith squad. Not a chance of using fodder, or anything else. My ideas have always been that it shouldn't pit that level variance against you, but sometimes it does.

I'm not even 85, BTW, and have had a number of times where that's happened. I don't know what they could change to make it easier for sub 85. You basically have to focus on a few groups for, say, CLS, and get punished because you're trying to actually work on something.

What I found, and I'm not sure if this is just coincidence, is that when I leveled a bunch of empire characters for CLS it got easier. Basically, when I leveled a bunch of dark side characters (not necessarily 7 star super stars with awesome gear) and had a few okayish but closer in level ones, GW started giving me odd mix groups of both light and dark side characters instead of stupid meta groups. I still get the occasional meta, but they seem weaker than the full zeta ones.

So, if you can, try and have a "balance" in your roster, maybe that might work? Like I mentioned, my dark side guys aren't as strong as my Phoenix, but they're "closer" in level (my Phoenix are 81, dark side guys are 70s/60s.)
  • Options
    @xenyx Trying.. but there are a lot of gaps to fill at the beginning. It's only going to benefit them to fix this, though. I guarantee people are going to get frustrated and quit way before they farm a full empire team from hard nodes and squad arena.
  • Options
    Do you have an account at swgoh.gg? If not you should Create an account and sync it to your in game account and post the link here. You may actually be able to get some advice to help you along your way.

While yes every now and then you will get a squad you can't beat. There are several features built into galactic war that let a player controlled weaker team beat a stronger team. Preloading turn meter, programmed ai that will do the same thing every time so you can retreat and change your actions to prevent a loss, suicide squads to force the opponent to use up special abilities (I'm not a fan of this one because it takes away from your first and biggest advantage preloaded turn meter).

Most galactic war issues are due to roster issues which you can get advice for if you want, I know I've singlehandedly reviewed the roster of half my guild while they were leveling up and helped them with getting their galactic war completion rate up. It's up to you on the next step you want to take but if you do decide to post your roster I'll gladly take a look at it and others probably will too.

• Options
    Callyx wrote: »

I am often not finishing the last node. The only real answer is gear up and level up a team that you can guide to victory. My current in-progress GW team is Finn, Rey, Poe, R Trooper, R Pilot.

That's just 1 team though. You do need at least 2 other beefy teams that can serve as punching bags or snipers. For instance, sometimes I send in a fast ST Han with Chewy lead and 3 other high damage toons just to make sure when I fight a tough node, I've removed all their protection or killed a Rey/Darth Maul/GM Garmin, etc...
  • Options
    They already nerfed gw from what it used to be. Yes I am level 85 and yes it does suck for awhile. But those that think something needs nerfed just because it is hard are wrong. For example mythic events are hard and the only answer is to build a team that can beat it. Rancor raid is hard at first then you build a team that can beat it. Almost everything un tge game is hard until your roster is filled out enough to beat it. Gw is designed to be challenging up a little past when you hit 85 so if you're not to 85 yet it sucks but you'll soon be at 85 and have several teams at 85 and it'll be easier. If your teams aren't strong enough to beat it you can still beat as many nodes as you can and get partial rewards. Complaints that you are entitled to the rewards are just whining. And gw is not t he only place where you face teams at a higher level than you. The sith raid is set to lvl 100 and several of the harder events have lvl 90 bosses. It is possible to beat teams that are a higher level. I also don't buy that the original poster gets nothing. Usually the first few nodes are easy and there are some hard ones in the middle and the end. You can still complete some of them for some rewards.
  • RodgerSterlingArcher
    45 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'll get this out of the way early: MANY people have had the same issue between level 70 and 80 or so: it's a wall you need to break through, BUT there are helpful strategies that will really help:

1st, I hope someone has told you about retreat: In any GW battle, click on the little gear icon in the top left corner DURING YOUR TURN (can't do it during opponent's turn), click retreat, and you will back out as if the battle never happened. You can swap teams, change your attack pattern, etc. AND you can do this as many times as you need.

2nd, and I realize this is a bit longer term, you need roster depth: Focus on getting one full team as a B squad. The best teams in GW are Resistance (which is hard to get and time consuming, but if your close, they are the best), Phoenix, Nighsisters, and KRU led FO (you really want to Omega KRU's Stun up to 2 turns). Rogue One is an AMAZING team too with Chirrut and Baze, but they are VERY difficult to get, especially Baze.

The 3rd and final point I will make, which is the most helpful:

GW DIFFICULTY IS BASED ON YOUR TOP 5 TOONS COMBINED POWER! (This has been confirmed by the Devs - the post is still up on this Thread-line). In other words, the more you pour into your T5, the harder and harder GW becomes. For a lot of people, their T5 is the Arena Squad, (but not always) which is why there is the misconception that your Arena Rank determines your GW Difficulty...

The GOOD NEWS: ALL of your other characters outside your T5 can be upgraded until your are blue in the face, and it will make GW easier by creating depth in your roster. So, as long as those characrers don't replace one of your T5, GW Difficulty will remain more or less the same.

I had a huge problem beating GW for over a month (1 or 2 wins a week, 3 if I was REALLY lucky). Then, I read the bit about the T5, adjusted my focus to other toons, and now I am winning 5 or 6 times a week on average.

Hope this helps you. Good luck!
    Post edited by RodgerSterlingArcher on
  • Options
    nihlas lead sith works well to btw. They have enough health steal to maintain their life through more battles. I know he's hard to get starred up but you probably can do it at less than 7 star. Also if your arena team is y o ur top 5 you may want to just focus on them. Once you get them g 10 or 11 you should be able to beat even the hard teams assuming you have a good arena team picked. If you run the meta and have them at g 10 or 11 just switch nihlas to lead and you can auto it.