Beating EP Vader Sion Thrawn DN with JTR

TVF
36766 posts Member
edited May 2018
This team is all over my shard. I've just recently switched from CLS Han to JTR BB8 (rest of squad is GK Thrawn R2). What's the best way to beat this team? I just faced one with a 252 speed Vader, my BB8 went first but then he force crushed and it was pretty much over from there.

Thanks all.
I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Post edited by TVF on

Replies

• TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Update: I faced a Vader at 200 speed and crushed them. So I guess my question is if there's a way to beat this team when the Vader faster than my JTR?
  • Options
    How fast is your rey? If I'm not mistaken mine is at 230 and I have yet to fight a faster Vader. There's one at 242 and my rey always goes before
  • jedibaer71
    578 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    hi tvf,

i think your headline goes with nihilus. yes, it is one of the meta teams here.

i use:

new rey lead, bb8, r2, chopper, b2

ok, all gear 12 1/2, only one zeta of r2 is missing. nearly "maxed"...

the droids have wonderful synergies. they move first, no matter how fast vader is. (b2 comes later...)
    bb8, r2 exposes, rey makes her tripple attack (rey/bb8/rey or once more rey) at palpatine. chopper taunts, and i win 85-90 % of the games. perhaps this team is not meta in defense, but in offense they work.

sion is a beast and b2 cannot give him buff immunity if he has the skull, but i can use b2 as a tank when r2 uses his smoke screen.

an idea is change b2 with the ipd. could be a mistake, if the heal-immune emperor arms him... ;-)
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Ha whoops, thread title updated.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    How fast is your rey? If I'm not mistaken mine is at 230 and I have yet to fight a faster Vader. There's one at 242 and my rey always goes before

227. Turns out that Vader was 243, not 252. He still went before JTR.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    hi tvf,

i think your headline goes with nihilus. yes, it is one of the meta teams here.

i use:

new rey lead, bb8, r2, chopper, b2

ok, all gear 12 1/2, only one zeta of r2 is missing. nearly "maxed"...

the droids have wonderful synergies. they move first, no matter how fast vader is. (b2 comes later...)
    bb8, r2 exposes, rey makes her tripple attack (rey/bb8/rey or once more rey) at palpatine. chopper taunts, and i win 85-90 % of the games. perhaps this team is not meta in defense, but in offense they work.

sion is a beast and b2 cannot give him buff immunity if he has the skull, but i can use b2 as a tank when r2 uses his smoke screen.

an idea is change b2 with the ipd. could be a mistake, if the heal-immune emperor arms him... ;-)

That sounds like a really cool squad, I love droids.
    Wish I could help but I don't know much about JTR. I use that same EP squad in arena...I guess what I fear most is losing Nihilus. He feels safer vs JTR than say a Commander Luke team (because counter attack after Nihilus uses that cooldown sap power can kill him sometimes).

Also, I dunno what the JTR team can do debuff wise so can't help much
  • Options
    I run ep lead and my goal is to get jtr out of the way then bb8 since illuminated Destiny is a killer. Usually i fracture jtr ir kenobi if he is annoying by taunting all the time. Then i kill jtr then bb8. Sion removing buffs helps slow illuminated Destiny since it removes secret intel. So if i were doing it the other way I would fracture sion so he can't remove buffs from the whole team then go after ep since he can get several mass stuns. Then nihlas since he has anhilate but you probably have time to kill palp first. By then you should have illuminated Destiny and be able to kill the rest. But my palo lead team can easily take jtr teams 10k gp higher so it is difficult. Also keep in mind r2 and gk give the opposing vader more speed from his unique. I don't have jtr so that's just my observations from facing jtr teams.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Could you mod up your R2 for enough extra speed to also beat Vader, since R2's starting with 16% TM from BB-8? That way, you can open with stun on Vader.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Sion is your biggest threat. It isn't hard to make your bb8 and r2 go first if you don't get sion fractured he clears all the buffs bb8 and r2 put up so they don't get anything by going first. Most of the time the opposing bb8 and r2 go before my vader but i just use sion to clear the buffs and then start killing them before they catch back up.
  • Options
    I forgot about r2. If he's faster than Vader, then he will give rey even more TM to go right after him.

Second. I start the battle with bb8 rolling, rey blocking thrawn, and then R2 using burn (better than smokescreen because sion will dispel it right away). If r2 is faster, you can still do the same
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    My Thrawn is 264, he can fracture Sion provided he can go before Vader. I fought a 200 speed Vader after I started this thread, and I destroyed them.

I guess, like always, it just comes down to speed and TM manipulation.
  • Nadebotfm
    546 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    My Thrawn is 264, he can fracture Sion provided he can go before Vader. I fought a 200 speed Vader after I started this thread, and I destroyed them.

I guess, like always, it just comes down to speed and TM manipulation.

just more proof how OP speed is on the game
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    That's a problem that precedes this game by literally over twenty years for the style of system they chose to use.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    I was able to add 8 speed to JTR without sacrificing speed on BB8 R2 or Thrawn, so she's now 235. We'll see if that helps today.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, faced a 238 Vader, and no problem. JTR ability block on Vader, Thrawn fractures Sion, game over.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    So the reverse question, how do I beat JTR with the listed Sith team? My Vader is 228. What is kill order?
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Beats me, but I just took out the 243 Vader that got me yesterday. :D
  • Wrotton
    88 posts Member
    Options
    Get raid Han Solo

I used him to stun vader
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    So the reverse question, how do I beat JTR with the listed Sith team? My Vader is 228. What is kill order?

Just play like normal, but first chance you get you need to fracture rey.
  • Options
    Fracture Rey and kill her. Then kill bb8. Isn't too hard. If they have kenobi you may have to fracture him and kill Rey then bb8. Sion's dispel slows down illuminated destiny so it isn't too hard.
  • Objakenodi
    91 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    This team is all over my shard. I've just recently switched from CLS Han to JTR BB8 (rest of squad is GK Thrawn R2). What's the best way to beat this team? I just faced one with a 252 speed Vader, my BB8 went first but then he force crushed and it was pretty much over from there.

Thanks all.

I use same team except I use CLS in place of thrawn but the method can be adapted. BB8 should always go first then you want R2 to go next... when facing the team you are talking about use R2 to inflict burning (stuns are too unreliable) this should also expose a number of characters. Expose will speed up the cool down on illuminated destiny and remove TM everytime you use a special move. Force crush shouldn't be an issue as it will instantly give JTR enough TM to debuff thrawn and get taunt on GK next sion or nihilus will probably go. The reason I use CLS is he counters both sion and nihilus inflicting speed down (if you get him fast enough he can also stop sion from taking a go with is second attack). So to recap get secret Intel going, inflict burning, use JTR to debuff thrawn then throw everything you can at sion. If thrawn doesn't get ability block first time around try and stun him... when facing that team it is all about controlling thrawn and taking out sion. after that take out thrawn then nihilus or palp and finally vader
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    You can see above I used ability block on Vader and fractured Sion, and it was easy from there. Ability block lasts two turns and JTR can use it every third turn, so she can keep him perpetually blocked. Sion can't taunt since he's fractured. From there just burn down EP and Nih. The enemy Thrawn will fracture GK, either because he's taunting or because you hide everyone else with smokescreen.
  • Jedi_Bane
    311 posts Member
    Options
    Also, a combat analysis zetaed r2 is absolute murder to my sith squad. I run EzPz g12, Vader g12, nihilus g12, zuThrawn g12, and Kenobi g11 (only 6*). When you have combat analysis zeta, sure you get a lot of TM in the beginning but with the foresight stacking up and the debuffs disappearing you'd be suprised how hard it is for this team to get going. I guess Sion really is vital for killing JTR so i guess i will definitely farm him in the coming weeks.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yes you really want Sion. If I don't fracture him, he removes all my buffs and inflicts pain, which means he's often taunting and I don't get cooldown reduction for the three Res on my team unless the pain is cleared by CA or GK (who is usually fractured, stunned, or ability blocked lol). It makes it really hard to win at that point.