New 3 vs 3 Ship battle best line up and which to up

Hi

so now we have alot going on and the biggest change would be the 3 vs 3 battles and maybe later fleet battle.

which line up would be best and who will be best to put in as back-up and who should we up with the reinforcement materials

Biggs is usualy always my first choice to pick but maybe better to let him enter first as he gets protection up 30% for 2 turns plus the ability bonus if you up that.

If I look at the;
nr 1 he starts with Tie Fighter, Tie Advanced and Scimitar
nr 2 starts with FO Tie, Tie Figher and Tie Advanced
nr 3 starts with Tie Advanced, Biggs and Tie Fighter

so I guess Tie Advanced and Tie Fighter are the ones all use as line up with a 3th

whats your opinion and which have you used the reinforcement materials on?

Replies

• Options
    My current lineup (till now 100% success rate):
    TIE Fighter, FO TIE Fighter, TIE Advanced (Basic upgraded to max --> SERIOUS damage!)
    Re1: Boba
    Re2: KRU (Will upgrade his re-bonus to max first. Sounds like one of the strongest.)

Don't forget to take a look at the Capital Ship upgrades, too.
    There are some gems there.

Tarkin Unique for example.
    But I still think Thrawn will remain meta.
  • Options
    I start with:

Tie Advanced, Tie Fighter and Biggs

Reinforcement:

Slave 1 (cause of his new Taunt and Counter Ability), FO Tie, Wedge

Scimitar is also a good choice, but i haven't space left in my Reinforcement Spots so far (haven't Tarkin's Capital Ship on 7*)
  • Beewl
    129 posts Member
    Options
    I think its worse than before if thats possible.
  • Options
    I'm so confused, and scared to blow all my mats on someone who will end up sucking. Gonna wait for at least 5 more threads on this topic before I let someone else decide what I should do.
  • OB1_Kenobi_2016
    12 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm in the top 20 of my shard. Almost everyone in the top 20 has the following line up:
    Thrawn - Fleet Commander
    Tie Advanced
    Tie Fighter
    Biggs Darklighter

As do I.

There is a little variation in that a couple of people have substituted Tie Reaper or Tie Silencer for the Tie Fighter, and one or two have Tarkin, but that's pretty much it.

This change has reduced variety considerably.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options

How? There was absolutely zero variety before. I’ve seen a few different teams already for fleet arena. Yes a lot of Tie advanced, Biggs and TFP but I have also seen some different teams. I’m running pure FO right now with Tie Silencer, FOTP and FOSFTP.
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

How? There was absolutely zero variety before. I’ve seen a few different teams already for fleet arena. Yes a lot of Tie advanced, Biggs and TFP but I have also seen some different teams. I’m running pure FO right now with Tie Silencer, FOTP and FOSFTP.

Yeah - but the question is how long. Hopefully diversity stays, but I don't put too much stock in there not being a new meta hidden there somewhere.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Kudos to you. In my fleet arena shard, everyone has switched now....to Biggs + TIE Advanced +1. Every. Single. One. (at least of the top 30+).

Secondly,any current "diversity" is only temporary as people try different things and figure their way to the new meta. With only 3 starting ships, there is less variety - not more. Eventually, everyone will run the "ideal" 3.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Kudos to you. In my fleet arena shard, everyone has switched now....to Biggs + TIE Advanced +1. Every. Single. One. (at least of the top 30+).

Secondly,any current "diversity" is only temporary as people try different things and figure their way to the new meta. With only 3 starting ships, there is less variety - not more. Eventually, everyone will run the "ideal" 3.

I do agree that the diversity we do see now is probably only temporary until we find the 3 best ships.
  • TVF
    36607 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Is there a reason you guys are using TF in starting lineup? He seems too squishy now with his reduced dodge chance.

I've been using Biggs Vader FOTF so far, seems to be working.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Is there a reason you guys are using TF in starting lineup? He seems too squishy now with his reduced dodge chance.

I've been using Biggs Vader FOTF so far, seems to be working.

He's still fast, hits hard, and IF he dodges that's a huge boost to your cap ship.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Range1974
    900 posts Member
    Options
    I think it is too early to tell. The patch rolled out last night, people dumped the new stuff on all sorts of ships, and we are still trying to figure out what the reinforcing abities really do for you. I made it to first last night on a 10 PM EST/EDT payout and 14 hours later am still there. I usually lose a few positions as the top 5 rotates so I would give it a few days before declaring a new meta.
  • Options
    Problem with Biggs, Vader, FOTP is on the defense.
    If your opponent has TIE Fighter, Silencer in his starting lineup, your Vader will not even get a single turn.@TVF