Galatic War get buffed?

Cyggy
26 posts Member
Hey yall, so the last week and a half it seems like galatic war has gotten significantly harder across all my accounts. I realize that folks say that sub 85 the difficulty is there, but prior to the last week and a half ive bern able to semi autobattle through no problem.

That said im finding myself running into 82 to 85 teams at 70 to 76, and often times with much higher gear or with omega and zeta abilities. Anyone else notice a change or, is sometjing going vadtly wrong with my accounts?

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    The problem pre 85 is not difficult but randomness.

The game puts the same difficulty on a team of clone wars Chewbacca lumi maul foo and magmatrooper as it does on cls r2 raid Han chaze if at the same power. So you probably got an unlucky draw

That said theres a point where you start facing teams with zetas so maybe that's a difficulty jump you noted.
  • Cyggy
    26 posts Member
    Options
    Ah yeah maybe, what usually takes 20 mins took me nearly two hours this morning.. its kind of dumb. Wish i could sim it like the 85s
  • Options
    The only time I struggle in GW is if I get unlucky enough to run into an EP meta team. Since I run Phoenix if I get one late it's gonna be a battle. Happened the other day and took me almost 12 tries to clear EP/Vader/Thrawn/Nihilus/Kylo. Usually the teams may be 10-15 levels higher, but they're almost a random collection of toons.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Cyggy
    26 posts Member
    Options
    The only time I struggle in GW is if I get unlucky enough to run into an EP meta team. Since I run Phoenix if I get one late it's gonna be a battle. Happened the other day and took me almost 12 tries to clear EP/Vader/Thrawn/Nihilus/Kylo. Usually the teams may be 10-15 levels higher, but they're almost a random collection of toons.

Yeah i run phoenix as wel, got buggered on a fo team then a empire team, threw my empire at both and got creamed. Ive lost appx 5 days worth of clears in the last werk and a half. Its significantly harder now
  • Options
    I’m facing a seriously hard war today, can’t even clear level 11 with Chase, Wiggs and Barriss opposition...I’ve tried every combination and can’t even dent their health. First time I’ve lost in war in weeks.
  • Options
    Over the last couple weeks, I’ve run into a level 83 Nightsisters team with arena mods (+50-70 speed on everyone) that I couldn’t beat, and 2 squads with zetas that took me 2 teams each to beat them - one had zeta Kylo Ren, the other had zeta Savage Oppress.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Y'all are just running into what others have run into before you. Keep improving your squads and plugging away, you'll get over the hump soon enough and you'll be able to auto these battles.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Y'all are just running into what others have run into before you. Keep improving your squads and plugging away, you'll get over the hump soon enough and you'll be able to auto these battles.

No doubt. I think the hardest part is when the opponents start get get into that 80-85 range. But then as you continue to improve the gap will close, since they can't really get any stronger.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    This. Also, keep building TM on three or four teams in the early nodes, and carefully manage your teams to keep your best for nodes 11 and 12, and it’ll work like a breeze.
  • Options
    Yes! Every update that happens! Just as I get a team stronger and able to actually complete a whole campaign; a mandatory update or upgrade makes it 5 times harder and can barely get past the 4th battle. And now this 3 ship thing has made it impossible for me to even beat a single battle in Ships too?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why does it need to take a whole year just to get a single squad to be battle ready? And why does now need to take 3 years for a Ship squad to be viable?
    Because I’ve done the math and that’s how long it will take; if you are Free To Play!!! You can’t even right a bad review in the App Store and sometimes even here. I doubt that anyone will see this or even care to do anything about it
  • Options
    RickSteel wrote: »
    Yes! Every update that happens! Just as I get a team stronger and able to actually complete a whole campaign; a mandatory update or upgrade makes it 5 times harder and can barely get past the 4th battle. And now this 3 ship thing has made it impossible for me to even beat a single battle in Ships too?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why does it need to take a whole year just to get a single squad to be battle ready? And why does now need to take 3 years for a Ship squad to be viable?
    Because I’ve done the math and that’s how long it will take; if you are Free To Play!!! You can’t even right a bad review in the App Store and sometimes even here. I doubt that anyone will see this or even care to do anything about it

I’m at player level 83 by the way
  • Options
    Cyggy wrote: »
    Yeah i run phoenix as wel, got buggered on a fo team then a empire team, threw my empire at both and got creamed. Ive lost appx 5 days worth of clears in the last werk and a half. Its significantly harder now
    As far as I remember, I'm sure there was something about GW difficulty having something to do with your Arena rank.
    Could be wrong and it has nothing to do with it, but if you've increased your Arena rank recently, it could be an answer.
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    A: It doesn't.
    Place in the top 500 in Arena & you receive 500 Squad Arena Tokens.
    You also receive 200 from Daily Activities.
    It costs 400 SAT for 5 shards, or 26,400 for 330 shards.
    /700 for your daily income = 37.7 days to 7* a character from Squad Arena Store.
    So if you farmed all 5 characters for your squad from there (Not that this would happen, you'd be farming nodes elsewhere at the same time), it would take 190 days to get 5 characters to 7*.
    In the 1 year timescale you've provided, you could have 2 full squads/10 characters to 7* from this single source.

Or, 1,200 GW Token per day, if you complete all 12 encounters.
    400 for 4 ship shards, or 5 character shards, so 16 Ship shards or 20 character shards per day.
    330/16 = 20.6 days to purchase 330 Ship shards.
    330/20 = 16.5 days to purchase 330 Character shards.

Add your daily Fleet Arena Tokens.
    Let's say you finish in top 500 & receive 1,000 Fleet Arena Tokens per day, plus a further 100 or so from Daily Activities.
    1,100 per day.
    400 for 4 Ship shards, or 5 character shards = 26,400.
    26,000 / 1,100 = 24 days for a character to 7*.
    33,000 / 1,100 = 30 days for a Ship to 7*.

This is obviously best case scenario, if you're farming a character or ship that is always in the store, for each of the 4, or 3 refreshes per day.
    It does not, however, take account of the shards you are also gaining from your Energy expenditure in this same period which will further decrease the length of time required.
    It's nowhere near the 3 year length of time that you're claiming.
    Post edited by CantWithAU on
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Necro, but also the updates have nothing to do with GW difficulty.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Things speed up as you play. I am a F2P player that has been playing only for six months in the top 20 of my fleet shard. I have seven starred 7 toons this month alone and now have 37 seven starred toons half of which are level 85, placed my second zeta today and have three toons gear 12. Point is things speed up as you play if you plan and do you homework on what to farm when.

There is this awful time between levels 65 and 84 when progress is slowed and it seems everything gets harder and you can't keep up as a F2P player. GW will get much harder and you will fail to complete it a lot. You can't level all the toons you need. Whales will dominate in the arenas. Many good guilds will not want you as you can't add much.

But then 85 happens. GW become easier as power levels stabilize. You can finally completely level your toons so your roster becomes more complete. With focus your toons power can start to catch up to the whales. True you will not have as many powerful teams but you only need one. The mythic events become doable. High end gear becomes farmable. And you can add more to a guild so good guilds will want you more or your old newbie guild will grow with you.

I been where you are. It was just a few months ago. It gets better soon. This is a game of resource long term management. There is always going to be something new and shiny to chase. But if you stay focused on what you want to do a free to play person can compete if he/she plans, learns about the game and stays focused. GW goes from hard to being able to auto then to be able to sim it.

Don't give up. your just in the kitten part of the game. it ends soon.