Do I go for JTR or do I round out other squads first?

I'm 30 farm boy Luke shards from finishing the squad needed for CLS and now I gotta decide if I should start immediately on JTR or if I should round out some other squads first. It feels like I've been farming squad after squad for single characters since level 1!

I'll start with characters I feel like I need/want. I'm currently running empire but I'm gonna swap the MOMENT I have a decent squad to replace them with, my shard is literally 90% empire. Unfortunately I'm always fighting for top 20-50 so I can't just switch :-(

OK characters I need/want!

Rebels- Wedge, Baze, Chirrut (I have the rest of the important ones at 7* except CLS who I'll have soon)

Sith- DN, ST and Sion (DN and ST are still locked and Sion is at 4*)

IT- Veers, snowtrooper, death trooper (Veers and snowtrooper are 6*, rest are locked. I have 7* starck, magmatrooper and stormtrooper.

So I can live without most of these but Wedge and DT would really help a lot.

So my FO looks like this,

Phasma and FOO are 7*
Both Kylo's are 4*
FOST, FOE and FOTP are all 3*

My resistance is bleh,

7* R2 and Scavenger Rey
5* RP
4* Holdo, Rose and Poe
Locked are RT and Finn.

The extremely useless vets are still locked as well.

So, to JTR or to not JTR?

Replies

• Options
    Well considering JTR will be here in the next few weeks, you'd be looking ahead a ways. You're not even in a place to get 5* BB8, leaving you 7 toons you need to 7* for JTR, 4 of whom you can't even farm yet.

If JTR is your goal, then start working on FO to be ready to grab 7* BB8, then look to Finn/Res Trooper/Vets.

Otherwise, work on what you want most. JTR comes back every so often, so it's not like if you miss her now you'll never see her again.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    As you do not have 5 7* First Order you don´t need to care for Rjt in the next few months
  • Options
    If you have to ask you are not ready. Star count is the minimum requirement. Gear and abilities level is what matters. Good luck.
  • Options
    Didn't think I would have to spell this out since it should be common sense...but the requirements for JTR is BB8...which is FO, so the question again would be, would going for FO>BB8>JTR right away be more beneficial than farming out some pretty decent toons such as shoretrooper, deathtrooper, sith trooper, Wedge, Baze, Chirrut etc etc..
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Ultimately, you are the only one who can answer it.

JTR is worth it, but you will not have her until you make her a priority. And the sooner you make her a priority, the sooner you have her.

How you arrange your priorities is up to you, but it will never be an easy time to farm for JTR, and there will always be other priorities competing.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Ultimately, you are the only one who can answer it.

JTR is worth it, but you will not have her until you make her a priority. And the sooner you make her a priority, the sooner you have her.

How you arrange your priorities is up to you, but it will never be an easy time to farm for JTR, and there will always be other priorities competing.

SWGOH in a nutshell right there folks...
  • Options
    I personally would go ahead and farm a few toons you want for arena if you think it'll get you a higher rank or if you think the meta is shifting against you. If you are focusing on a character or two in this way you can still focus on a few req for jtr at the same time. For example, you coukd hard node farm sion and cantina farm kru for bb8 without them interfering. You can also use extra fleet currency to get wedge to 7 stars while farming for jtr since there really aren't many of her req in that store anyway. But my best advice is make sure you are deviating for a team that will gain you something and not just for random quasi useful characters. Also unlesd there is a character you really want in cantina, I would farm jtr req from there right away. Both vets are hard cantina farms and there are two or three fo characters that are cantina farms so that is the bottleneck. For rey and finn you can hard farm them and buy them from the guild store as long as there isn't gear needed by really good characters.
  • Options
    Looking at what you need for jtr it is almost exclusively cantina farming. Both kylos are cantina. Fotp would be my choice for the last fo and he's a cantina node but also in fleet store from time to time. Both vets are cantina. Finn is either cantina, hard, or guild store. This is both good and bad since it'll take longer since you have a huge bottleneck but also good since you can farm cantina toons and focus on non jtr toons without losing much if any progress.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Looking at what you need for jtr it is almost exclusively cantina farming. Both kylos are cantina. Fotp would be my choice for the last fo and he's a cantina node but also in fleet store from time to time. Both vets are cantina. Finn is either cantina, hard, or guild store. This is both good and bad since it'll take longer since you have a huge bottleneck but also good since you can farm cantina toons and focus on non jtr toons without losing much if any progress.
    You don't NEED both Kylos, or either Kylo, to get BB-8, and if the goal is a rush for JTR preps, you can pull it off with no cantina farming for First Order at all, running a squad of Phasma (GW store), FOO (cantina store), FOTP (fleet store), FOSFTP (guild store), and FOST (standard energy).

That can be done in parallel to vets from the cantina, and Rey and Finn from hard nodes and guild shop.

The cantina crunch is something you can significantly alleviate if you make it a goal, and as there are so many important cantina characters, it's usually best in the long run to get them through other means when available.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Well considering JTR will be here in the next few weeks

You don't know that. No one knows but CG and they ain't telling yet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • crzydroid
    7308 posts Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I would honestly skip Wedge. Since there are so many better toons in game, he's not the golden boy he used to be. I can't think of any area of the game where it's absolutely necessary to have him. He certainly won't help you in arena if your shard is on the Empire meta. Sure, he could still be useful in some areas, but not worth taking up a cantina farm when you have JTR and Deathtrooper to worry about. Also probably not worth fleet currency as it's your only source for rare ships and zetas.
  • Options
    I don't use wedge almost at all any more
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I would honestly skip Wedge. Since there are so many better toons in game, he's not the golden boy he used to be. I can't think of any area of the game where it's absolutely necessary to have him. He certainly won't help you in arena if your shard is on the Empire meta. Sure, he could still be useful in some areas, but not worth taking up a cantina farm when you have JTR and Deathtrooper to worry about. Also probably not worth fleet currency as it's your only source for rare ships and zetas.
    I'd suggest unlocking Wedge, just as a body in a Rebel ship for unlocking the Chimaera, but no rush on that front.
    Still not a he.
  • crzydroid
    7308 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'd suggest unlocking Wedge, just as a body in a Rebel ship for unlocking the Chimaera, but no rush on that front.

Yes, true, that's an option if one doesn't have all the R1 toons. But no need to go beyond the unlock.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    I went with unlocking all the Rebel ships, just to have more ammo to throw at the event, but that was when it was 5v5 and I'd only have one ship in reserve. I don't know how useful six ships versus five would be in that event nowadays.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    You don't NEED both Kylos, or either Kylo, to get BB-8, and if the goal is a rush for JTR preps, you can pull it off with no cantina farming for First Order at all, running a squad of Phasma (GW store), FOO (cantina store), FOTP (fleet store), FOSFTP (guild store), and FOST (standard energy).

That can be done in parallel to vets from the cantina, and Rey and Finn from hard nodes and guild shop.

The cantina crunch is something you can significantly alleviate if you make it a goal, and as there are so many important cantina characters, it's usually best in the long run to get them through other means when available.

I wasn't giving rush jtr farming advice. I think both kylos are good since they are good elsewhere in the game. If you're still farming fo fo bb8 and haven't started vets there is no getting her next time without making it rain cash. And I'm ftp so I don't suggest that. But as a strategy to get them for next time, there is time to cantina farm them and leave room for farming other characters from other locations.
  • Options

wedge is good in the sith raid as lead to a rebel team. His lead helps regenerate health so you can leave a healer out. I use his lead there and can pull a million in most phases in tier 4. That is at 6 stars.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    I wasn't giving rush jtr farming advice. I think both kylos are good since they are good elsewhere in the game. If you're still farming fo fo bb8 and haven't started vets there is no getting her next time without making it rain cash. And I'm ftp so I don't suggest that. But as a strategy to get them for next time, there is time to cantina farm them and leave room for farming other characters from other locations.
    Depending, of course, on when "next time" is, but regardless, if there is a goal character, the best time to prep is now. Not prepping because you won't be ready soon is a good way to never be ready.
    Still not a he.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    You won't get JTR the next time around, maybe not the time after. But if you want her badly then farm, farm, farm regardless.

Personally, I'd go for CLS first, you won't regret it.
    Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • Options
    Depending, of course, on when "next time" is, but regardless, if there is a goal character, the best time to prep is now. Not prepping because you won't be ready soon is a good way to never be ready.

True enough. I'm finally ready for jtr so I'm hoping it's soon and with the bb8 event it likely will be. I personally put getting a good arena team first so it took a bit longer for jtr but the crystals to afford 3 cantina refreshes a day sure helped the slog of vet farming and is still paying off so I don't regret it.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

wedge is good in the sith raid as lead to a rebel team. His lead helps regenerate health so you can leave a healer out. I use his lead there and can pull a million in most phases in tier 4. That is at 6 stars.

True enough, I also use him as lead in T4. 1.5m in P1, over 2m in P2 and/or P3. He's also my lead for my rebel TB squad, again the heals are very useful. And he's a decent HAAT squad leader as well in P2 or P4 where you're just trying to build up as much damage as quickly as you can.
  • crzydroid
    7308 posts Moderator
    Options
    T4 isn't hard to get 4-6 million damage with better teams though. Granted, OP is a long way from those other teams, but I still don't know if at this point in the game Wedge is worth delaying other cantina farms for some interim damage.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Wedge is good but I played for a long time before I unlocked him. He is not necessary early. Better to focus on CLS rebels, Empire and FO - all teams are easy farms.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    T4 isn't hard to get 4-6 million damage with better teams though. Granted, OP is a long way from those other teams, but I still don't know if at this point in the game Wedge is worth delaying other cantina farms for some interim damage.

Really?

If you're doing any lower tier, you need five teams. I've got over 2m GP now and there's no way I can field five full teams that can pull 4-6 million each on T4. JTR team, check. NS team pulls that much with zetas in P4 but not in the other phases. Troopers can pull it in P3, less in other phases. OK that's three teams, now what? My zader team can pull 2m. Still need a fifth team...Rebels can pull 1.5-2m depending on phase.

If you can pull 4-6m per team for five full teams, I'd be very impressed.

And btw I'm not saying delay anything else for Wedge. I'm saying Wedge is still useful.
  • Options
    I agree 5 teams that do 4 mil each are hard to come by if you are in a guild still doing phase 4. I have a sith/empire team that can do around 3 mil plus or minus depending on the phase and rng. I have two other teams. That do 1mil plus but the last two aren't developed enough. Hopefully I'll get jtr soon to help but tgat still won't give me five 4 mil plus teams. That takes lots of zetas and several more months of farming. Taking a short break to farm a character that increases your rewards isn't the worst thing but each person has to judge for themselves if a character was worth it. I simply stated that wedge lead works well in the sith raid for those that don't have all the end game teams.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    You are very far from being ready for JTR. Just take her out of your mind and keep farming toons for Bb8 and Luke.
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    You are very far from being ready for JTR. Just take her out of your mind and keep farming toons for Bb8 and Luke.

Agreed though I would guess the op knows he needs to finish luke first. But goid point about bb8. It does no good to get vets if you are short on fo to get bb8.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    CLS first is common, but not necessary. JTR before CLS is a valid decision.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    CLS first is common, but not necessary. JTR before CLS is a valid decision.

Yes but the op said he was 30 fb luke shards from cls. So at that point you don't stop cls to start Jtr.