Lando and l3 today?

Prev1
Aluxtu
420 posts Member
Just a thought although outside of a daze on l3 and high droid synergies I'm not sure what their kits would look like.

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    We should get some dark side characters too. Range trooper with those badass furs and magnetic boots (stagger immunity is a must!), Dryden, maybe along with some Crimson Dawn enforcer, or they could make Beckett dark because, well, he actually is. Or that cameo character.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    The next 2 days on the events calendar are wide open...so either yet another marquee or the new ships content? I like to see some new imperial troopers for sure!

Scout trooper needs his debut!
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    Hope so!!!
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    The next 2 days on the events calendar are wide open...so either yet another marquee or the new ships content? I like to see some new imperial troopers for sure!

Scout trooper needs his debut!

Yes! More target lock! Unique - accuracy shared across troopers! Or some other stat.
    But would love some Detroit troopers.

I feel like a ds solo toon is “due”
    But will love a Lando and L3
  • Options
    I’d like to see the mud troopers be added too
  • T_Servo
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, more troopers please.
  • Fives5555
    331 posts Member
    Options
    Yes we need more imperial troopers. I would like Lando too but no L3.
  • EvgeniKessel
    221 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Two words: Therm Scissorpunch
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    They couldn't get Qi'ra's alignment right and they dropped a spoiler the other characters alignment. I don't think we'll see the surprise cameo. That will be for the other story movie coming out. Though I doubt they'll get any of it right. Surprise cameo character's alignment will probably be light side...
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options
    I really don't understand that alignment either...
  • HoodieDM
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Spoiler:

Just bc shes Crimson Dawn, doesnt make her Dark Side. She only kills bad people in the movie and essentially lets Han, Chewie, Beckett, & Lando all live. She could have blown them up with the yacht's weaponary...

~D
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Azza wrote: »
    I really don't understand that alignment either...
    I feel like they intend to do more with the young Solo brand, but probably not another movie--novels, comics, games, etc. Those'll tie up loose ends.

And, if they do, I look forward to being told about them, because I'm a movie guy through and through and don't truck with the EU. I like that it exists for people who are into it, but, for me, all I want is to sit in a theatre or watch a series at home.

(I *do* read, of course, just not EU stuff.)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    They couldn't get Qi'ra's alignment right and they dropped a spoiler the other characters alignment. I don't think we'll see the surprise cameo. That will be for the other story movie coming out. Though I doubt they'll get any of it right. Surprise cameo character's alignment will probably be light side...

I think they wanted all the prepared characters to be able to be used in the same TB squad. Maybe. That's really the only reason I can see for them getting it wrong lol. But with that idea in mind we'd get a LS Beckett too... which really doesn't leave many options for DS toons from the movie other than Dryden Vos and some more troopers. I want those troopers tbh.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Were Lando and L3 confirmed somewhere?
    "Debatable" is not "wrong."

It's a movie about criminals. The waters are muddy. She was on Team Good Guys for the whole movie. Light side is not an unreasonable choice.

Also, she's an employee of a dark side person. If that's enough to make you dark side, then literally every galactic republic Jedi and every clone should be dark side.
    Still not a he.
  • Options

I don't see what is wrong with Qira being lightside. She didn't do anything more evil in the movie than what Han Solo did.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    We should get some dark side characters too. Range trooper with those badass furs and magnetic boots (stagger immunity is a must!), Dryden, maybe along with some Crimson Dawn enforcer, or they could make Beckett dark because, well, he actually is. Or that cameo character.

Actually fur on space/environmental suit is the dumbest thing i’ve even seen...
    But yes, we need DS toons too. And l3!
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    vu97c5f7d0zo.png

Pimp Trooper.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Cassius97 wrote: »

I don't see what is wrong with Qira being lightside. She didn't do anything more evil in the movie than what Han Solo did.

And look at her skill, I believe the Qi'ra we have is the one that raiding kessel mine.
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    So knowingly, voluntarily, no delusions, unmistakably working with and for ______ ______ isn't considered Dark Side??? That's like working for Voldemort, knowingly, voluntarily, and in complete collusion with.

That's a bit more than being an unknowing employee. A bit more than being outplayed by Darth Sidious and being duped and played for chumps. She knows and has chosen.

Ya.... Not dark side at all...

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    So knowingly, voluntarily, no dilusions, unmistakably working with and for ______ ______ isn't considered Dark Side??? That's like working for Voldemort, knowingly, voluntarily, and in complete collusion with.

snape?
  • Options
    For some reason I don't think she's the greatest wizard at occlumency and has infiltrated Dungeon Master's secret organization for the greater good of mankind... She escaped one Dark Maw... Don't think she'll try again.
  • Options
    Since we re on HP and SW. L3 = Hermione
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    For some reason I don't think she's the greatest wizard at occlumency and has infiltrated Dungeon Master's secret organization for the greater good of mankind... She escaped one Dark Maw... Don't think she'll try again.

In the firm it is very unclear about her intentions and interests. Hope we will know that from sequels
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Did she know who the top dog was, though? Most of the movie, she was working for Dryden, and I personally read the final reveal as a "Now I'm screwed" moment for her. But willingly working for Dryden to the point of becoming his right hand, together with the things she has done that were just alluded to in the movie imo puts her square in the dark side anyway.
  • Options

Did she know who the top dog was, though? Most of the movie, she was working for Dryden, and I personally read the final reveal as a "Now I'm screwed" moment for her. But willingly working for Dryden to the point of becoming his right hand, together with the things she has done that were just alluded to in the movie imo puts her square in the dark side anyway.

I would agree that her light or dark affiliation is a bit weird here. What the movies have that we don’t - it isn’t binary. Scoundrels are supposed to be in that grey area.

For this game we have to have one or the other. So I am happy she is on LS. With a cool leadership for the low price of an omega.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I would agree that her light or dark affiliation is a bit weird here. What the movies have that we don’t - it isn’t binary. Scoundrels are supposed to be in that grey area.

For this game we have to have one or the other. So I am happy she is on LS. With a cool leadership for the low price of an omega.

Yeah, the TCG solved this problem by introducing a "neutral" alignment, which it gave to precisely this kind of characters (and creatures like Wampa). Too bad this game doesn't seem to be inclined to do it as well.
  • Options

Yeah, the TCG solved this problem by introducing a "neutral" alignment, which it gave to precisely this kind of characters (and creatures like Wampa). Too bad this game doesn't seem to be inclined to do it as well.

Maybe when Revan comes. It will be both lol
    Pending on 1 or 2 more ls toons from Solo I may go all in on them.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    I see where she would be dark Side, however the whole entire movie we saw her fighting, plotting, and, well, kissing with Han. Since han is light Side, she is too. Most characters in the game are snatched from a certain scene, with a certain outfit. This Qira makes the most sense to me

But seriously where is Lando and L3?!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    So knowingly, voluntarily, no delusions, unmistakably working with and for ______ ______ isn't considered Dark Side??? That's like working for Voldemort, knowingly, voluntarily, and in complete collusion with.

That's a bit more than being an unknowing employee. A bit more than being outplayed by Darth Sidious and being duped and played for chumps. She knows and has chosen.

As I said, there are too many unknowns to really say anything at this point. Remember, oftentimes what makes an act good or bad isn't the act itself, but the intentions behind and motivators that led to the act.

But also keep in mind that "light" and "dark" apply more to force users than regular people just going about their day. Which side of the force you use depends on the indoctrination you have with it--the jedi temple will teach you to use it unselfishly, the sith will teach you to use it for personal gain. If you're a moisture farmer in the dune sea or the unemployed kid of a ship builder, none of that really matters and you're going to find yourself acting for the greater good as often as for your own interests.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
This discussion has been closed.