You must dumb down the AI

Over the past few days the AI is out of control! I mean seriously I see moves that a human could only do and I'm seriously disappointed. Battles are now way too complicated since the AI knows to Target the right units. Every battle whether it's arena or fleet, is a massive challenge. Arena maybe not as bad because I have many teams ready to go so I use the counters when I climb but I still see some things that make me shake my head. This creates a very frustrating situation since the game becomes so much more difficult to deal with. Each battle requires next level engagement and there's no more fun to it because I each battle is decided by a hair. RNG is King and this is never good, the stressful experience that's created as a result ruins the fun that is supposed to be a video game all about.

I know there are darker motives behind this, the devs didn't just wake up one day and decided to offer us a more challenging battle system for no reason. I think the motive is profit since tougher to beat battles means losing more often and therefore climbing fewer possitions during payout which results in earning fewer crystals. But honestly this is hurting the game in so many ways, crystals asside, I cannot enjoy arenas any more, I can't just casually start a battle, I feel like each time I have to be mentally prepared and this is a draining experience...

The AI has to be dumbed down to be more reasonable to fight, I can't stand being able to predict the AIs moves because the AI is making the same moves I would and that makes it so much harder to win.

Replies

• Options
    To be honest with you, I really like this as it has me thinking of my strategy more, and that allows me to better learn the attacks and results of my actions. And just a side note, the profit motive part doesn't add up because if someone else takes your spot, they get your payout. These changes don't result in any less crystals being paid out. Take care...
  • Options
    MattyKelps wrote: »
    To be honest with you, I really like this as it has me thinking of my strategy more, and that allows me to better learn the attacks and results of my actions. And just a side note, the profit motive part doesn't add up because if someone else takes your spot, they get your payout. These changes don't result in any less crystals being paid out. Take care...

Does it tho, what if that person has already gotten their payout and you just fail to climb up for yours?
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    Options
    I haven’t noticed any difference, but if the AI has indeed improved, that’s two solid thumbs-up from me. It’ll make my TW defensive squads have power! ..... unlimited power!!!!
  • Options
    Wait a minute...don't you get the same benefit from your team being controlled by the "new AI combat system"?
    (tinfoil hat time btw) And you actually want the game to be easier? I would think you are in a very small minority on that one, OP.
  • Options
    Im not too sure I have noticed a significant change in ai behaviour. I can tell you for a fact that an opposition raid han will stun any of my toons. If it was super duper ai and knew which one was best to stun straight away then it wouls be the same toon every time.
  • Maztoras
    153 posts Member
    Options
    Better AI....heck ya! Sorry, ill never side for dumber AI...ever. Closer to human levels the better
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    Wow man your just having problems all over the place aren't you
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Options
    Since you think AI is too intelligent for you, how about you just auto every battle then? Let AI do your work as well and even the playing field!
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    I think he's just projecting his NS Zombie anger into other aspects of the game now...
  • Options
    MattyKelps wrote: »

Does it tho, what if that person has already gotten their payout and you just fail to climb up for yours?

If payouts are at different times, then I guess it is possible. Even if it is though, I wouldn't think a 25 crystal swing would do anything to deter those who buy from not buying, and those who don't from not. I'm not trying to minimize your concern though, just a thought. Seriously though, I like it when the battles I'm in make me think cause with all of these toons to learn, and all of their abilities, who to strike when, so on so forth, it has me way more engaged...
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I can't confirm that they have done anything, and lots of folks haven't noticed it if they did. It's one of those topics where you have people asking for both directions: the improvement of, and in your case, the reduction of AI combat. Is there perhaps some tips we could give you on how to beat a certain team that's giving you trouble? Tons of these players are around in our Strategy section able to help you conquer whoever is in front of you.

Another thought, doesn't it make us better players if we have more mastery?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Over the past few days the AI is out of control! I mean seriously I see moves that a human could only do and I'm seriously disappointed.

You mean...the artificial intelligence is starting to be artificially intelligent and control things in a human like way?
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Oh no we might actually have to strategize and not just mindlessly win battles anymore? Heavens...

Pathetic. Participation trophies for everyone! Nobody fails! Everybody wins!
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    In my best "I will survive" voice

At first I was afraid, no, i was petrified. Thinking how you couldn't win without the AI on your side. You played all through the day and partially through the night, it felt so long. The AI did you wrong.

That's all whack, this game in space. I came to the forums and can see that sad look upon your face.

You should have tried to change your team, perhaps tried to change your scheme.

But go on now go, you shouldn't play this game no more.

Did you think CG will crumble, do you think they'd lay down and die?

Oh no not I, I will survive. I will adjust my teams and strategy and I will stay alive.
    I've got all my toons to use, I've got strategies to abuse. I will survive, heh hehh!
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I think he's just projecting his NS Zombie anger into other aspects of the game now...

Some people just can't enjoy any part of the game. And yet they keep playing it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Arena hasn't changed at all in my experience. The AI is "smarter" in Ships 2.0, but that's the nature of the rework. Sorry you can't hope that the ridiculously dumb computer will shoot at your TIE with Foresight anymore. Figure out ways around it, there are plenty of them.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

Some people just can't enjoy any part of the game. And yet they keep playing it.

Can you be any more wrong? Having a problem with one or two characters due to their mechanics doesn't mean. I don't enjoy the other 98.5% of characters. Having an issue with fleet arena doesn't mean I don't enjoy other battles. You fail to understand the nature of my posts, what's even more funny about this is that when it comes to the zombie the Devs even acknowledged that theirs a problem so no matter what you or anyone says it's a desperate attempt to save gear for your self because you're not willing to gear your zombie. And when it comes to the AI, I remember it like it was yesterday when the devs said that they didn't intend to make the AI very smart because it wasn't their intention to make players struggle with the game. Obviously they didn't stick to their word so I'm simply wondering what has caused that change in attitude.
    Monel wrote: »
    In my best "I will survive" voice

At first I was afraid, no, i was petrified. Thinking how you couldn't win without the AI on your side. You played all through the day and partially through the night, it felt so long. The AI did you wrong.

That's all whack, this game in space. I came to the forums and can see that sad look upon your face.

You should have tried to change your team, perhaps tried to change your scheme.

But go on now go, you shouldn't play this game no more.

Did you think CG will crumble, do you think they'd lay down and die?

Oh no not I, I will survive. I will adjust my teams and strategy and I will stay alive.
    I've got all my toons to use, I've got strategies to abuse. I will survive, heh hehh!

I would say that's funny but that would mean I have bad taste of humor. Perhaps it is the responsibility of a player to adapt to changes no matter what they are. However it's the responsibility of the developers to explain why those changes are happening and it's the players right to criticize and question those changes. If you aren't getting that then you don't know how the world works
  • Options
    I wish they made the squad arena's AI smarter, the place where we can actually control our battles. In most cases. :V

Oh well, ship 2.0 sucks. Nothing new, move along.
  • Mhmacleod
    194 posts Member
    Options
    The AI is generally ok to me but it's biggest issue is over-focus-firing which quite apparent on events like GW. I can sim it by now but I'm trying to complete my Jedi quest so I'm fighting my way through with a zQGJ team, and I've noticed that over a week's worth of GW runs pretty much 70-80% of all attacks were directed at my healer (Lumi).
    That's the thing that hurts because unlike arena or TW, PvE battles like GW, TB or events go for much longer stretches, and it's almost impossible to get that one toon who's being focused down by 20+ toons over the course of the encounter while everyone else enjoys relatively untouched protection, to survive to that last climactic battle...
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Get more healers?

Almost always the first thing I kill on the other team so it makes sense the AI would tend to do the same.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Hide Lumi behind a tank or two? Or just go as far as you can for the day then sim the rest and you'll get those wins in due time. There's no rush on that quest.
    Still not a he.