Don't know which way to turn

I've been playing for over a year now (approx) and am getting a touch frustrated in that I seem to be treading water.
https://swgoh.gg/u/paleo_karst/collection/
I'm trying to increase my arena efforts a little. (Seem to be at between 800-760 most of the time)
I'm trying to increase my raid capabilities so that I can get some of the better gear.
I'm trying to increase my ship efforts a little. (Seem to be at between 200-170 most of the time)
Our guild runs regular raids, but I am usually placed 10-20.(Tank/Rancor)
I just don't know what I should focus on as a priority. I do ultimately want to have some well geared characters.
My mods aren't great, should I take some out of various characters and put all the best into one team, depending on the situation? Never done it before, as I presume it will cost a lot?
I have bought some crystals now and then, usually after a few beers.
Any advice would be most welcome.

Replies

• Options
    I forgot to add, my arena squad is: Wedge/Biggs/Baze/Lando/Chirrut
  • Options
    What team do you run in arena? From looking at your roster, yoy have the potential to be much higher than you are.
  • Options
    Reply above your response DarkHelmet, none of them have zeta's, but I have enough for 3 zetas if required. I'm guessing my mods aren't helping.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    Sooo
    I’d aim for the following as a decent start..
    Rex lead, old Ben, r2d2, thrawn and either raid han or nihlus...
    You’ll need to gear them a bit and level them a bit as well..
    Make thrawn fast so he goes first, tm swap to rex and use ten up, so everyone goes..r2 stealths everyone but old Ben, and you play hide the nihlus/solo
  • Options
    If you have 3 zetas, I would put one on Han Solo, and replace him for Lando on your arena team. Also, work on your mods. Get some five dot arrows with speed primary to start, and then any mods with secondary speed should be on them too. I saw you've got some speed on Han so he's good, you've also got speed on Thrawn, Teebo, Tarkin, and Qui-Gon, I'd try to get their speeds on your arena team.
    I noticed that all of those characters remove turn meter which is good for rancor, but rancor will be easier once you get CLS. Bring farm boy Luke and old ben to seven star, then gear them, R2D2, Stormtrooper Han, and Leia. CLS is being speculated to come early July, so you might have a chance at him.
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Sooo
    I’d aim for the following as a decent start..
    Rex lead, old Ben, r2d2, thrawn and either raid han or nihlus...
    You’ll need to gear them a bit and level them a bit as well..
    Make thrawn fast so he goes first, tm swap to rex and use ten up, so everyone goes..r2 stealths everyone but old Ben, and you play hide the nihlus/solo

Many thanks for the advice, I'm going to do a bit of homework on this.
  • Options
    If you have 3 zetas, I would put one on Han Solo, and replace him for Lando on your arena team. Also, work on your mods. Get some five dot arrows with speed primary to start, and then any mods with secondary speed should be on them too. I saw you've got some speed on Han so he's good, you've also got speed on Thrawn, Teebo, Tarkin, and Qui-Gon, I'd try to get their speeds on your arena team.
    I noticed that all of those characters remove turn meter which is good for rancor, but rancor will be easier once you get CLS. Bring farm boy Luke and old ben to seven star, then gear them, R2D2, Stormtrooper Han, and Leia. CLS is being speculated to come early July, so you might have a chance at him.

Keep looking at CLS and I've seen that I stopped levelling Luke/Obi, not sure why.
    I'll go through my mods again.
    Many thanks for the advice
  • Options
    Reply above your response DarkHelmet, none of them have zeta's, but I have enough for 3 zetas if required. I'm guessing my mods aren't helping.

From looking at your roster, you have a decent ep lead team you coukd put together. While they fall to traya teams, other than that they are the meta right now. The team you are running currently is fodder for that meta. Rebels just give the opposing vader more speed and means you will get crushed on defense. With cls or raid han you have some counters such as raid han going first and stunning vader but just classic rebels without them get crushed by ep lead. It is less of a leap to go ep lead than to get both cls and raid han and gear them. With your roster, you could probably go ep, vader, nihlas, thrawn, and sion and move up into the top 100. After that prioritize farming and gear to those toons first and get them to max gear. Next zeta goes to ep lead if not already done. Then eo unique, and eventually zeta uniques of the whole team. I run that team and can place in the top 10 frequently. And the teams that are difficult to beat are teams that have a lot of difficult to get characters at g12. Ex rex lead with mt, wampa, gk, ect. Those are still beat able though and a viable team but probably not achievable very quickly. Traya teams are hard to beat but probably not an issue with your shard other than in the top 10. My shard has 4 or 5 now and it's a nov 2016 shard.
  • Options
    For pit zeta vaders lead and use zader tfp tarkin ep and nihlas. Replace ep with Thrawn when you 7 star him and nihlas with cls when you unlock him. This will solo rancor on auto consistently with only one zeta. For haat, get fo for bb8 as soon as possible. Then ackbar lead, cls, assjj, thrawn, bb8 can solo phase 3 and 4 and part of phase 2. I just unlocked bb8 myself and managed to get over half of phase 3 in one run. That got me second with using a few other teams. You can also use cls to get dmg on phase 1 and escape by himself. That is probably the most obtainable dmg team for haat. There is also the wampanator team but you still need most of the characters from the team above and wampa is hard to get.
  • Options
    Also put the best mods you have on your arena team. It doesn't cost much to switch them. It's like 4000 credits to remove them. Speed is king so make your arena team as fast as possible. Ep can benefit fron potency if you can manage it without losing speed. Sion is your tank so health and protection are good. Same for nihlas since the goal is for him to survive to anhilate. And vader, speed is key so he goes first and gets you tm train going.
  • Options
    ^this
  • Options
    The biggest piece of advice I’d give is finish the teams needed for legendary and hero’s journey characters. You’ve been playing for a year, so probably most of your arena shardmates already have Commander Luke Skywalker and Rey (Jedi Training) by now. You will be able to do better with your arena team, and also do better in raids, events, and territory battles & wars with those characters.
    Your Empire team can probably 7* R2D2 at the end of the month if you give them your best mods with speed, and then all you’ll need to get CLS is finish your farms of Farmboy Luke and Old Ben.
    If you gear up your First Order team, you’ll be able to unlock BB8 at 5* in the next few days. Then keep farming First Order Officer until he’s 7* and you’ll be able to get BB8 at 7* next time. Then finish farming the Veteran Smugglers and you’ll have a team to get Rey.
  • Options
    Step 1: FOCUS. Resist the urge to dance around from team to team. A broad roster absolutely helps take advantage of more game events, but it will kill your ability in arena. It's time to pick a goal and get after it.

Step 2: MOD. Speed up everything. If your mods are garbage, guess where your priorities are while you are collecting gear for your FOCUS faction? Mod farming is the worst but you can't perform without them.

Step 3: FOCUS. Seriously, it's time to stick to a plan. If you want to run Rebels, get zSolo in there. And why is Vader your highest gear hero if you are focusing Rebels? Pick a character and gear them UP one at a time. Takes time but the results will be worth it. Probably
  • Options
    For arena my vote is either
    Zeta palps lead, vader, thrawn, zeta sion and nihilus (current META)
    Rex(L), talzin, nest, sion, nihilus and thrawn
    Or
    Rex (L), zeta EP unique, talzin, old ben and thrawn.
  • Options
    Definitely use YouTube for help too. There are some great YouTubers that have very informative videos to help you. Just search for swgoh
  • Options
    Thank you to all of you for responding, I'm sure you've done it a few times already to players on here.
    Very informative.
    I can see that my main problem is doing what EventineElessedil said, not sticking to a plan. I feel like I'm trying to cover all bases at the moment and therefore spreading myself too thinly.
    Focus is my way forward.
    Arena team, speed mods, unlocking toons etc.
    Guys, you've been invaluable in giving me a new direction.
    Thank you.
  • Jomoboston
    29 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    You could also run a Zaul team with EP, Zader, DN, and Zylo. If you don't want to put all your eggs in 1 basket, you could throw that 3rd Zeta on EP's leader instead of Vader unique. so then you have an empire team with zEP, Vader, TFP, Tarkin, Thrawn and you can replace the Vader in your Zaul team with Sidious. That would get you 2 VERY competitive teams for the raids.
  • Options
    Jomoboston wrote: »
    You could also run a Zaul team with EP, Zader, DN, and Zylo. If you don't want to put all your eggs in 1 basket, you could throw that 3rd Zeta on EP's leader instead of Vader unique. so then you have an empire team with zEP, Vader, TFP, Tarkin, Thrawn and you can replace the Vader in your Zaul team with Sidious. That would get you 2 VERY competitive teams for the raids.

Thanks Jomoboston, I'm changing mods as I type, going all out for the Empire!!