G12+, Raid Rankings, and Nightsister Zombie

First let me say that I like the new G12+ pieces, and from what I've seen it looks like they are very well done. They appear to be significant without being game-breaking. Well done. I also like the Heroic Tier of the Sith raid (note that lower teirs are utterly abysmal, but that's not what I wanted to discuss right now). It is challenging and fun, and I enjoy it.

There is, however, an issue which existed before the G12+ reward changes, but is now significantly worse, and that's the Nightsister Zombie. I know this has been brought up before, however now the issue is far more concerning.

This issue is simple. For guilds that have the Heroic Sith raid on farm, rank rankings basically are determined by how well your Nightsisters do in Phase 4. Many players can do similar levels of damage in each of the other phases, so final raid rankings are determined almost solely based on Phase 4 damage.

This issue existed prior to the reward changes, of course, but wasn't a terribly big deal. Full G12 pieces could be had a decent rate at all reward levels, and the shard difference between rank 4 and rank 50 was (and still is) not worth getting real worked up about. With the new G12+ pieces, however, the disparity between top ten rankings and lower rankings is vastly more significant, and it leaves anyone with a Gear 12 Zombie at a serious disadvantage.

It simply isn't possible to put big damage numbers up in Phase 4 with a Gear 12 zombie. The mechanics of the game limit this configuration significantly compared to a lower geared Nightsister Zombie. As I'm sure most are aware, runs of 10 million+ are easily possibly with a lower geared zombie, however the G12 Zombie limits such runs to half of that amount or less. The difference is large enough to completely skew the final raid rankings.

Now that G12+ pieces are available, many players now care a great deal more about raid rankings, and those of us that geared the Nightsister Zombie up to Gear 12 are, it appears, now going to be permanently behind the "curve" until this is addressed.

How to address this issue is up to the developers, but in my opinion it needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.

Thank you for reading,

Agrivere
G12 Zombie Owner :(

Replies

• Options
    Gear XI and 4/6 Zombie owner here, yeah it's a real pain. It does feel like being punished for rushing in and gearing a character quickly before realising that you could exploit a low gear Zombie to basically kickstart Asajj and the other Sisters.

I opened a ticket with support and asked them to strip the gear off mine, said I didn't even want it back just her back to level 1 Gear 1. Unfortunately not something they can do apparently :(
  • Options
    I am in the same boat with my G12 zombie. But they wont make any changes to this toon and I am ok with this. The "problem" is not the zombie but the design of the raid.
  • Syrup_Chugger3
    2171 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Sucks but nothing will be done. It was your choice to gear her that high with all the info and tools to see how her kit reacts with asajj and daka. The devs said they were disappointed and never intended zombie to essentially be "more effective" at lower gears. So sorry, but it is what it is.

Edit: ever thought of doing more in other phases? There's 2 squads now which could do up to 10% each in p1, and p2 has several teams with capabilities of doing 3-5%.
  • Options
    Sucks but nothing will be done. It was your choice to gear her that high with all the info and tools to see how her kit reacts with asajj and daka. The devs said they were disappointed and never intended zombie to essentially be "more effective" at lower gears. So sorry, but it is what it is.

Edit: ever thought of doing more in other phases? There's 2 squads now which could do up to 10% each in p1, and p2 has several teams with capabilities of doing 3-5%.

It´s not that easy. Running NS in arena requires a better geared zombie these days. And don´t say NS are not viable. This is far from true: Rex, JTR, CLS are easy fights for maxed NS.

OP is not wrong. It is an issue. But for CG while working on STR this was a foreseeable issue.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, I see the problem in the OP's logic....he assumes CG/EA wants the HSith raid reward structure to fair. :D:D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    locodiel wrote: »

It´s not that easy. Running NS in arena requires a better geared zombie these days. And don´t say NS are not viable. This is far from true: Rex, JTR, CLS are easy fights for maxed NS.

OP is not wrong. It is an issue. But for CG while working on STR this was a foreseeable issue.

Must be a younger shard then. The last guy in my arena top 50 clinging to NS just switched to eZpZ team as well. I moved on from NS a couple months after gearing them.
  • Options
    Agrivere wrote: »
    Perhaps nothing will be done, however it's a virtual certainty that if we don't bring these issues up, CG won't even be aware (and I'm sure they are aware, but not sure they thought through the large impact this one thing has on the raid rewards).

They are well aware. But what do you expect? You want them to rollback all zombie gear? Even the devs said they don't like how zombie performs better at lower gear?
  • Options
    My only issue is the shards.... 8/100 for zombie... CMON CMON CMON