Good damage for TB

jejuzang
710 posts Member
What area good benchmarks to reach for GP committed towards a TB? We are in phase 3 and i am currently leading( and will lead the rest of the way through) with 7.7mil. How do i know that i am carrying my own weight? Are there goals for how much i should have contributed per phase? Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    Rule of thumb for an easy mark to hit is six times personal GP , And if you add it up, that’s a minimum, you can max out around 9-12 depending on your GP and waves completed.
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    TB is guild effort so anything higher than average is above and beyond by definition.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with that Rule of Thumb is you're basically just hitting "deploy" and walking away and that's the minimum.

Deploy your total GP once a phase for 6 phases.

You should at least attempt a mission in each phase, earn at least 1/6 waves. The first few ships ones give huge TP boosts for really simple battles.

I struggle trying to get my Guild mates to deploy properly and attempt missions, and not just "Deploy & Collect".
  • Options
    You do realize that that’s a minimum, and of you just deploy and do no combats you will fall short right, . . . You need to do some combat missions in order to actually meet/exceed six times your personal GP , . ..
  • Options
    And once you see who is not playing at all, either chat with them or replace them, or if you really want to argue appropriate minimum levels make it seven times, lol, but either way 6 or 7, you are required to hit some combats,
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    There's six phases and if you just go in and hit deploy over the course of six days all you're going to do is hit just a shade below your total GP x 6. Only one below your total individual GP is phase 1 with no ships and only one territory. So you'll hit [(character GP x 6) + (ship GP x 4)]...
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    There's six phases and if you just go in and hit deploy over the course of six days all you're going to do is hit just a shade below your total GP x 6. Only one below your total individual GP is phase 1 with no ships and only one territory. So you'll hit [(character GP x 6) + (ship GP x 5)]...

Ship GP x 4 you mean.

Our guild never look at the TP contributed table, or even the platoon units assigned table.

The only thing we insist on is everyone hits all combats and specials.

The true kudos goes for those who 6/6 all ground combats, 1/1 on all ship combats and complete all 6 specials.

In phases 1-4 we don’t need everyone’s deployment anyway, so the TP contributed table is meaningless.
  • Options
    Lol, I guess you don’t play Tb much then, day one and two is char GP only, day 3-6 is both char and ship,

For the first two days you accrue a deficit of 1-3 million points depending on player level,

• Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    @DarjeloSalas

Fixed

Yes my mistake, I went in-game and double checked my math and realized the extra ship calculation. But essentially that's the bare minimum calculation.
  • Options
    Either way, as first mentioned, an EASY rule of thumb, but, don’t forget to read the other part where , it’s easy to hit 9-12 times GP depending on player GP .

Bye,
  • Options
    @DarjeloSalas

Fixed

Yes my mistake, I went in-game and double checked my math and realized the extra ship calculation. But essentially that's the bare minimum calculation.

It depends on your guild though. We’re 142M GP, and basically nobody gets to deploy in phase 1, about 10 of us in phase 2 and about 30 in phase 3.

Those that don’t deploy are way down the TP table but this does not mean they’re not pulling their weight.

And in ships phases 3,4,5 nobody deploys at all, and only around 30 - 40 of us even get to hit the combat.

Took a while to get the guild to appreciate what “pulling their weight” constituted, but they get it now. One former member was Obsessed with the TP table. In the end he had to leave.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, i am a little over 2 mil GP. So i should aim for 12.5 MIL (ish) contributed?
  • Options
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Ok, i am a little over 2 mil GP. So i should aim for 12.5 MIL (ish) contributed?
    You should aim for hitting every combat and completing as many specials as possible.

TP contributed is not an indicator of being an effective guild member.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't get the lazy "deploy and collect" method. Even if you try and fail at the missions you still get the deployment points so might as well give it a shot. Our guild is horrible for people doing that. Or we star a zone and some numbskull deploys 300k right after leaving another zone short of a star...
  • Options
    I don’t think I could cope with that @Vendi1983 !

Our guild has always been a TB guild. We were finishing top 200 for stars when our GP was nowhere near top 200 pretty much from the word go. We have calculated that 43* is possible this time, though it depends on combat results in phase 6.

As I mentioned earlier, members took a while to understand their role. Those that took too long had to go elsewhere.

The officer commands and zones closing at 3* has actually helped enormously. As has the google sheet resources that exist.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    Ended up at 17.3 million. How does that rate?
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options

Obviously it's a job well done as you well-exceeded your estimate of 12 million. Not sure why you needed to ask.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options

Obviously it's a job well done as you well-exceeded your estimate of 12 million. Not sure why you needed to ask.

Passed my goal but i need another to reach after. Whats the next level?
  • Options
    Beat that score lol,
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    17.31 million....?

Then 17.32 million?

As long as you don't go to 17.29. then you've done something wrong.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    17.31 million....?

Then 17.32 million?

As long as you don't go to 17.29. then you've done something wrong.

Looking foe guidance as to what higher level player are scoring. And how they are doing it.
  • crzydroid
    7317 posts Moderator
    Options

The next goal is complete all combat and special mission waves. Honestly, I don't know that there should be any benchmark as long as you're trying your best. It will be easy for the officers to see who the slackers are with the by phase stats. If you're not one of the slackers, you're doing fine.

If you wanted to make a comparison within your guild, you could always run a regression of your total gp and tp earned. Then use the regression line to see what your predicted score would be based on your gp, and see how far away your standardized residual is and if it's positive or negative.
  • Options

@jejuzang - next level is complete all 6 specials and more combat waves.

@crzydroid has already said it, but you need to think of TB differently. TP contributed is a largely meaningless figure depending on where your guild is at.

Our guild (we expect to earn 42*, though 43* is possible) has someone currently on 22M TP (who has yet to deploy in phase 6, so it’ll be 23.5M when he does) and guys at the bottom on 10M TP (who haven’t yet hit combats or deployed on phase 6, so it will be around 13.5M when they do).

So the difference from 1st to 50th is 10M TP. Does that mean we’re disappointed with the guy in 50th? No. Are we super pleased with the guy in 1st? Well, yes, but only as he’s perfect on all combats and specials, not because of his TP.

Whoever is top of our list at end of every TB depends only on who was online when we opened up phases 1 and 2 for deployment. Phase 1 needs about 3 deployments, phase 2 needs about 15. Anyone who was online for both of them will finish top of TP.

If you fixate on your TP contribution rather than completing combat waves and specials, you run the risk of becoming a non-team player. We’ve had to boot folk from our guild for TPeen chasing crimes like deploying to a zone that’s locked for remaining combats or sending absolute drivel into specials so they can make sure they complete their combats. These things made their TP higher, but at the cost of their guild mates. That’s not a wagon you want to hitch yourself to.

• jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options

@jejuzang - next level is complete all 6 specials and more combat waves.

@crzydroid has already said it, but you need to think of TB differently. TP contributed is a largely meaningless figure depending on where your guild is at.

Our guild (we expect to earn 42*, though 43* is possible) has someone currently on 22M TP (who has yet to deploy in phase 6, so it’ll be 23.5M when he does) and guys at the bottom on 10M TP (who haven’t yet hit combats or deployed on phase 6, so it will be around 13.5M when they do).

So the difference from 1st to 50th is 10M TP. Does that mean we’re disappointed with the guy in 50th? No. Are we super pleased with the guy in 1st? Well, yes, but only as he’s perfect on all combats and specials, not because of his TP.

Whoever is top of our list at end of every TB depends only on who was online when we opened up phases 1 and 2 for deployment. Phase 1 needs about 3 deployments, phase 2 needs about 15. Anyone who was online for both of them will finish top of TP.

If you fixate on your TP contribution rather than completing combat waves and specials, you run the risk of becoming a non-team player. We’ve had to boot folk from our guild for TPeen chasing crimes like deploying to a zone that’s locked for remaining combats or sending absolute drivel into specials so they can make sure they complete their combats. These things made their TP higher, but at the cost of their guild mates. That’s not a wagon you want to hitch yourself to.

Good feedback, thanks!
  • Options
    We don't look at total points at all... the earlier zones are so easy to 3-star that some people don't even get a chance to hit them, so their total points does not reflect their overall contribution. We only care about combat and special missions in phase 6. Your end goal should be to beat all of the combat and special missions in P6 perfectly.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    We don't look at total points at all... the earlier zones are so easy to 3-star that some people don't even get a chance to hit them, so their total points does not reflect their overall contribution. We only care about combat and special missions in phase 6. Your end goal should be to beat all of the combat and special missions in P6 perfectly.

I wasnt even considering this. Also don't think anyone in the guild is either. Its more of a rush to get the points in. We only started a 24 hour buffer on raids about a month ago, after me trying for a while to get it.

Thanks for the advice, going to take this stuff back with me.