Bastilla is changing the meta! Great job CG devs on bringing balance to the force!

Replies

• ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    Options
    They don’t beat Traya lead.
    They do if you don't use a Jedi as 5th.

• kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    I've never chased the meta. Just tired of the same old junk where people form alliances to make sure they hold their spots in arena.

My favorite part about the arena alliances is the folks who pretend that they're so good at the game because they take #1 every day thanks to 20 other people agreeing to leave them alone and not compete against them.

That's not how it works.

So you now know how every shard or shard chat works because you are in one?....... I agree with these guys, it's so out of hand in my shard that they actually formed a guild.....

The Arena co-op is working as intended. Same as in HoDA. Once a dev was asked why it was allowed. He replied because that is part of war, alliances are formed. Sux, but it's true.

Well, that's a pretty crummy outlook on it, because it isn't war, it's arena..... Arena is where gladiators or prize fighters face eachother.....

Haha, its funny 3 of the guys in my shard just joined the same guild so maybe I should start worrying.

My shard is different, we let any one play, if anything I've just had a chat with them today as they are inviting every tom **** and harry who has a G11 Palpa team in it and I don't want to share my payout with people who have half my roster.

The palpa meta made it VERY VERY easy for any F2P to take rank 1, it's never been better in SWGOH for f2p players.

If your shard is doing that it's probably because you've done something to them to blacklist you, gotta live with the consequences sunshine.

How can I "do something to punish" someone I have never met or spoken to?...... That's pretty odd..... It's a game, and if you can't build a strong team, strategize and fight smart to get to the top instead of relying on others to get you there, then you shouldn't be there...... The fact that you have a 7* g12 CUP means nothing.....

But you can't do that, you still have to beat the people at the top to get to rank 1. The difference is they leave you alone 60 minutes before your payout and in exchange, you do the same thing to them.

There's nothing wrong with that, if anything it shows a good display of solidarity and humanity, uniting for a common goal (crystals) and working together, it's actually a really beautiful thing!

It makes me wonder what kind of person are you if you see something wrong with this....

I'm the kind of person who would leave someone alone at their payout, but I'm not part of their little click, so no idea when their payout is..... I have no issue with a "hey, I won't hit you at xx time, please don't hit me at xx time"..... I do have issue with "Hey, who does this Bubba guy think he is breaking into top 20, he isn't in our boy band, everyone get this guy"..... We can message anyone in game now, so no real need for these types of tactics....

So if you think guys are targeting you for that reason, have you messaged any of them?
    Or are you expecting them to seek you out and determine your payout time to work with you?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    I've never chased the meta. Just tired of the same old junk where people form alliances to make sure they hold their spots in arena.

My favorite part about the arena alliances is the folks who pretend that they're so good at the game because they take #1 every day thanks to 20 other people agreeing to leave them alone and not compete against them.

That's not how it works.

So you now know how every shard or shard chat works because you are in one?....... I agree with these guys, it's so out of hand in my shard that they actually formed a guild.....

The Arena co-op is working as intended. Same as in HoDA. Once a dev was asked why it was allowed. He replied because that is part of war, alliances are formed. Sux, but it's true.

Well, that's a pretty crummy outlook on it, because it isn't war, it's arena..... Arena is where gladiators or prize fighters face eachother.....

Haha, its funny 3 of the guys in my shard just joined the same guild so maybe I should start worrying.

My shard is different, we let any one play, if anything I've just had a chat with them today as they are inviting every tom **** and harry who has a G11 Palpa team in it and I don't want to share my payout with people who have half my roster.

The palpa meta made it VERY VERY easy for any F2P to take rank 1, it's never been better in SWGOH for f2p players.

If your shard is doing that it's probably because you've done something to them to blacklist you, gotta live with the consequences sunshine.

How can I "do something to punish" someone I have never met or spoken to?...... That's pretty odd..... It's a game, and if you can't build a strong team, strategize and fight smart to get to the top instead of relying on others to get you there, then you shouldn't be there...... The fact that you have a 7* g12 CUP means nothing.....

But you can't do that, you still have to beat the people at the top to get to rank 1. The difference is they leave you alone 60 minutes before your payout and in exchange, you do the same thing to them.

There's nothing wrong with that, if anything it shows a good display of solidarity and humanity, uniting for a common goal (crystals) and working together, it's actually a really beautiful thing!

It makes me wonder what kind of person are you if you see something wrong with this....

I'm the kind of person who would leave someone alone at their payout, but I'm not part of their little click, so no idea when their payout is..... I have no issue with a "hey, I won't hit you at xx time, please don't hit me at xx time"..... I do have issue with "Hey, who does this Bubba guy think he is breaking into top 20, he isn't in our boy band, everyone get this guy"..... We can message anyone in game now, so no real need for these types of tactics....

So if you think guys are targeting you for that reason, have you messaged any of them?
    Or are you expecting them to seek you out and determine your payout time to work with you?

The problem in my case isn't a discord shard chat, it's the fact that these guys actually formed a guild.... Their guild name has a US city name in it, and it's the same time zone as me..... So it's very likely that they have the same payout time as I do anyways.....

• Moroveus
    147 posts Member
    Options
    I love that we're getting better balance. Good work, CG!
  • Options
    Balance? So a 3* toon climbing over every toon is balance? I'm all 4 whales getting a new toon and being able to climb instantly but to climb because you have a 3* toon is bad. Glad that KotOR got love but wow was it poorly thought out.
  • Options
    dabro_011 wrote: »
    Balance? So a 3* toon climbing over every toon is balance? I'm all 4 whales getting a new toon and being able to climb instantly but to climb because you have a 3* toon is bad. Glad that KotOR got love but wow was it poorly thought out.

You do realize that stars are the least important part of a chars usefulness, especially in arena .
  • Options
    How ? By screwing their top players and guilds, yeah great job CG.

Maybe pretty good players like me will have a shot at one of the top spots for a few weeks instead of getting frozen out by the arena cartels.

Palpatine has been meta since February, you've had 6 months to build that team, and that's assuming you are completely new player and didn't already have Palpa and Vader unlocked...

Just got him to 7*. Been here since April.

Fortunately I don't give a rat's hindquarters about arena as it seems to drive people mental anyway. Oh and the cheating is rampant at the top end.

Oh and Bastila still can't break the triumverate.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options

Maybe pretty good players like me will have a shot at one of the top spots for a few weeks instead of getting frozen out by the arena cartels.

Palpatine has been meta since February, you've had 6 months to build that team, and that's assuming you are completely new player and didn't already have Palpa and Vader unlocked...

Fortunately I don't give a rat's hindquarters about arena as it seems to drive people mental anyway. Oh and the cheating is rampant at the top end.

With a zeta and the right team, she can definitely take down the triumvirate.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Never seen video of it done with traya lead..... Ahnaldt101 made a big deal out of her now that her lead is fixed, but never faced her up against a Traya led team.... There is a reason for that...
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Options

Never seen video of it done with traya lead..... Ahnaldt101 made a big deal out of her now that her lead is fixed, but never faced her up against a Traya led team.... There is a reason for that...

Mobile gamer just released a video showing her beat a traya lead using nihilus instead of a tank:

https://youtu.be/PxpDKmYJGt8
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, because he's a terrible player that doesn't know what he's doing. I posted this in the other thread where people kept saying Bastila teams can't beat Traya leads, her lead is legit. https://youtu.be/H8QYS9jWI6o
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Options
    I just hope she doesn't start showing up in my shard for a while. I literally just put the zeta on Sion that morning just hours before that gamechanger video came out. It was only the 2nd zeta that account has had, the first being EP.

This seems like much more of a kick in the pills than it did on my main account, since I used my first 2 on Asajj in that account. I still get a great deal of use out of those zetas in raids (I still use my NS in the arena as well, but that's just me being stubborn). Palpatine and Sion are almost exclusively arena zetas.

Oh well...there's always TWs.
  • Options

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzTAwVd7vVs
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nPEfK-MHO20
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BBsHgeVh8Yg
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    obikenobi1 wrote: »
    Seen a lot of videos posted since the patch was released on Friday and the change was huge! Bastilla now is a solid counter to palpatine teams with the Sion/Traya/Nihilus trio now that the 150% tenacity bonus is actually being applied and the 35% damage bonus is actually being applied. Kinda big things to not be working before hand and its a relief to see how well they work when they are actually active. Thank you devs so much for making the Jedi faction meta again and giving us a much more balanced meta! you guys did a great job designing Bastilla's kit and I'm looking forward to what else we get down the line with the Kotor characters. I for one was getting sick of just how powerful Sion was and now that he can't inflict pain on jedi hardly ever.....that alone makes me on happy gamer! He was the most annoying character in the game to defeat and now he is much more manageable by jedi teams.

So I was reading sion's omega'd torment description, and correct me if I'm wrong but since a Bastilla lead team will never have pain then the does mean he can launch torment every turn? If so that's a pretty decent perk against a team that relies on pulling up 5+ buffs at a time.
  • Options
    youtube videos
    The first time I see a video of mine here. :)

• Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    So I was reading sion's omega'd torment description, and correct me if I'm wrong but since a Bastilla lead team will never have pain then the does mean he can launch torment every turn? If so that's a pretty decent perk against a team that relies on pulling up 5+ buffs at a time.
    Maybe not every turn but it does feel like it. ;)

• Options

There's nothing wrong with shard alliances, better than fighting for your spot blind everyday.
  • crzydroid
    7314 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hey everyone, let's try to keep on topic of Bastilla lead teams and refrain from the sidetracks of the merits or pitfalls of arena chats and mechanics of the payout system.

Thank you.
  • Options
    How does this bring balance? This is literally the exact same crap they do every time they release new characters.

It was CLS who lead for awhile

Then it was JTR who dominated CLS.

Then palpatine got a rework to dominate JTR

Now Bastila is released, who is a complete counter to Palpatine in every way BUT just to make sure she doesn’t beat all sith, they’ll make sure she can still be countered by Traya. God forbid you make Bastila capable of countering Traya and enraging all of the whale guilds.

And in a few months something will come out to counter Bastila.

You’re kidding yourself if you can’t see the power creep from update to update to please the whales, just when free to play people are starting to get their Sion and do well with a sith team.
  • Jedi_Bane
    311 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    While I like the new force in arena, I dont like the way Bastilla's lead works. It seems like I am fighting an STR with how much dang tenacity they have. I really like the protection up but I wish they didnt have so much tenacity. It kind of destroys the whole sith faction as I cant name 1 sith that doesnt really heavily on their debuffs.
    It seems like bastilla was a push towards forcing traya as the lead.

Edit: I just did the math, with potency sets, EP's base potency, plus his leader adds up to 136% potency. If I could find mods with 6% potency (my highest potency secondary) that would add up to 172% potency, OR, a roughly 22% chance of landing any debuff and that isnt factoring in any tenacity on the enemy
  • Options
    3* and G10 has no place in top 5
  • Options
    0rdj7mox1fm7.png
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Dxtrinc wrote: »
    Remember literally a month ago when this happened?

"Holy ****! Nest is insane!! CG created an immortal character that can't be killed because the protection keeps coming back! Way to go CG!! YOU RUINED SWGOH!!"
    ....3 hours later...
    "oh wait...just hit Nest hard....sorry...kind of freaked out there for no reason..."

That's why I'm cautious with my glee over everyone's OPeror privilege getting upset (in case Bastila privilege starts to be a thing).
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    @ddlooping2 Thanks for responding. If that's true then soon will definitely be a huge asset against them. At the very least you could remove their buff everytime they get them.

@jedi_bane after all the op abilities the sith have especially against the jedi, it's a little crazy to complain about bonus tenacity. Her ability definitely levels the playing field but isnt ridiculously op like a lot of sith abilities
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Was there another fix applied??
    xeotuszo88ye.png

Edit : Vader has 80% + 35% potency. I guess that's enough for some debuffs to go through.
  • Options
    I faced a JTR team and debuff were resisted, same with Palp. I guess it was really bad rng. How tenacity is calculated ? Because with the 150% tenacity from Bastila lead ability added to each toon tenacity should be enough right ? 80% + 35 % is only 115% ....
  • crzydroid
    7314 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Options
    RomanLeaf wrote: »
    I faced a JTR team and debuff were resisted, same with Palp. I guess it was really bad rng. How tenacity is calculated ? Because with the 150% tenacity from Bastila lead ability added to each toon tenacity should be enough right ? 80% + 35 % is only 115% ....

Tenacity-potency = chance to resist. There is also a 15% base chance. In the previous poster's photo, I'll assume the stealthed Hoda dodged, so it looks like 4 out of 16 debuffs landed, or a 75% resist rate. So if their tenacity before the extra 150% was about 40%, it seems right.

With JTR keep in mind the exposes from her lead can't be resisted.

Correction: Hoda has crit immunity and it looks like some damage. It's possible this one doesn't have its abilities maxed. Well, that makes it an 80% resist rate...so 45% before the +150.
  • RomanLeaf
    10 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thanks very much crzydroid !
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Was there another fix applied??
    xeotuszo88ye.png

Edit : Vader has 80% + 35% potency. I guess that's enough for some debuffs to go through.

Do you put tenacity crosses ? Less chance to get debuffs with it. Coupled with speed mods you have a good combo against the meta and also the triumvirate.