Zeta upgrades!

dimi4a
1558 posts Member
I've always wondered why all Zeta upgrades cost 20 Zetas when clearly some upgrades are not as effective as others and should cost less? What's the deal?

Replies

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Quiet, their solution for this would be to raise the amount of Zeta mats needed, it's an EA game after all
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Yeah, twenty is fine.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There are many situations like this in game where they could (and as we all wish, should) change cost based on "in game value". That is kind of the problem with ideas like this, it requires them to place a different value on toons and it is very difficult for them to predict the future value of a toon.

This could also lead down a path of them needing to design a new toon or kit to exclude those "lower value" toons.

IMO, it is best that they leave everything equal and let the game and us sort out the value, both present and future.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    There are many situations like this in game where they could (and as we all wish, should) change cost based on "in game value". That is kind of the problem with ideas like this, it requires them to place a different value on toons and it is very difficult for them to predict the future value of a toon.

This could also lead down a path of them needing to design a new toon or kit to exclude those "lower value" toons.

IMO, it is best that they leave everything equal and let the game and us sort out the value, both present and future.

I don't think CG have any future plans for characters such as Imperial Stormtrooper or some others for that matter and so i don't see a reason why the costs of their Zeta upgrades should not be lowered.

If they release a new empire toon that has a synergy with empire toons it could boost him a lot.

It's not about specific synergy with that toon, it's about factions and other interactions that could make a toon more useful than previously used.